Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Is Tice the guy?

Well since this will be my 300th post. I thought I should start a topic that had merit to me on my very first post.

Is Tice the guy?

I still am worried with all the new found commitment towards upgrading the defense. A renewed commitment towards the running game. Is Tice the weak link on our team.

From the very first post I ever had on this awsome board. I stated Tice is not a very good coach. I still think in my heart Tice will let us down. I'm still upset from the lost to the AZ Cards 2 years ago. I still just feel that Tice does not prepare the team well enough for the task at hand.

The other thing that has me still a little upset is the ticket scalping thing. What a MAJOR black eye towards the Vikings. I mean what head coach scalps tickets? To me this is just shows more lack of focus that always seems to haunt Tice.

I know the players like him and he protects them and they all hold hands and have a swell time together. But this is a business and I know were I work if the job does not get done you get the boot. If the AZ Card game was not enough then the ticket scalping should have been bye bye Tice.

I know people are like (surfer voice) hey dude don't ruin the VIBE (surfer voice end) but I truely am worried that you could give Tice the best team money could buy and he still would be lost.

Sorry for the negative 300th post but that is just a concern i thought I would share..

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Tice the guy?

I think Tice has matured a lot over the past few years. I'm not sure if he's "the guy" as you say, I hope he is, but there have only been 39 other guys that have been "the guy" in the history of the NFL. So don't punch his ticket quite yet.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Tice is the guy hes the one masterminding it all it wasnt his fault all those losses it was the Defense

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes" wrote:
    Well since this will be my 300th post. I thought I should start a topic that had merit to me on my very first post.

Is Tice the guy?

I still am worried with all the new found commitment towards upgrading the defense. A renewed commitment towards the running game. Is Tice the weak link on our team.

From the very first post I ever had on this awsome board. I stated Tice is not a very good coach. I still think in my heart Tice will let us down. I'm still upset from the lost to the AZ Cards 2 years ago. I still just feel that Tice does not prepare the team well enough for the task at hand.

The other thing that has me still a little upset is the ticket scalping thing. What a MAJOR black eye towards the Vikings. I mean what head coach scalps tickets? To me this is just shows more lack of focus that always seems to haunt Tice.

I know the players like him and he protects them and they all hold hands and have a swell time together. But this is a business and I know were I work if the job does not get done you get the boot. If the AZ Card game was not enough then the ticket scalping should have been bye bye Tice.

I know people are like (surfer voice) hey dude don't ruin the VIBE (surfer voice end) but I truely am worried that you could give Tice the best team money could buy and he still would be lost.

Sorry for the negative 300th post but that is just a concern i thought I would share..

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!
    I myself used to be down on Tice but I think a lot more of him now. I think he could win us a championship, he just never had a defense.

Black eye to the Vikings organization? I remember when it first happened everyone said it wasn't to big of a deal if he didn't get suspended because there's quite a few coaches and members of the NFL that scalp tickets. Plus, if someone hadn't ratted him out it would've never happened, *cough* Hovan *cough*.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

He certainly has matured in his time here as HC but I think he is getting better and if he does not produce this year he certainly will not be back for another season. Not all the blame has to go on Tice but on others on his coaching staff as well. Over the past two years it seemed as if we went away from our game plan very early if it did not work and as a result we became very predictable on offense because we became very pass happy. As for the defensive side of the ball we simply did not have the talent to run the schemes we tried to run in the past and as a result guys were out of position and we had to try to play defense with a bland D and no talent so it cost us dearly. How we fare this season has yet to be seen but at least Tice is not going around running his mouth telling everyone what we are going to do on offense like he did with the Randy Ratio.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've always liked Tice...PERIOD...

And Coaching is like playing the game, it takes time to master your position and confidence..

I have seen Tice grow in the years and I believe he can lead us to the promise land..

Red held Tice back.....Thats my take..

Now with a new owner, and someone who talks like he wants to win, I think our chances of seeing Tice shine are two fold..

SKOAL to ALL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Tice is getting better. He knows that his time is up if he cant do something with all the talent this year. However, I ask you, what availible coach is better than Tice? There may be a few, but great coaches are hard to come by. Once you find one it takes a year or two to get the team used to that coach. I say stick with Tice. Good coaches don't have to be born, they can be made, and Tice is getting better. Also, Tice has been cursed with one of the worst special teams corps in the league these last years, now that we have two kickers and one of them should be pretty good (I'm all for Edinger) and Travis Dorsch to keep Darren Bennett on his toes (I really hope Dorsch steps up and takes the job), Tice has alot more flexibility with his desicions. (remember all the times he decided not to try the 40 + yard field goals?) I have a feeling Tice will look much better this year.

Prophet Guest

Tice is the weak link. The question is what coach could we get for minimum wage. Tice is a product of Redneck's tightwad philosophy. The Vikes could have picked up Romeo Crennel or a host of other coaches. I have absolutely no faith in Tice and have no reservation in calling him one of the weak links on the team.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Prophet,

Maybe you should be a Patriots Fan....they got a good coach...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If Billick could win a championship in Baltimore, then Tice can win one (or four) in Minnesota! PLUS Belicheck wasn't that great when he first started (remember the Browns)...so give him at least this year to show what he can do. He WAS a quarterback in college, so you know that he has some smarts...he adapted to TE in the pros and carved out a respectable career for himself in the NFL...he succeeded in molding a very good offensive line unit when he was the OL coach...so he has found a way to be successful at every level he has been at...he will do it at this level as well...starting this season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast