Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Is Tice at fault for the lack of discipline on the team?

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    There's a slight - and by slight I mean gargantuan difference between Mike Tice and Bill Parcells.

EJ, Mixon, etc, get drunk, drive, suspended, etc. They come back and play.

Quincy Carter fails a drug test? GONE.

That's what Tice should have done.

didn't quincy fail a drug test twice
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    There's a slight - and by slight I mean gargantuan difference between Mike Tice and Bill Parcells.

EJ, Mixon, etc, get drunk, drive, suspended, etc. They come back and play.

Quincy Carter fails a drug test? GONE.

That's what Tice should have done.
    Exactly. That move may not have been popular and it may have set the offense back temporarily, but it shows that Parcells does not tolerate screwing around. Onterrio Smith should be out a lot longer than four games. This is going to be a problem again later down the road if it's not handled properly now. And it's up to Tice to handle it.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

Mike McKenzie-This is related to disciplinary issues. He isn't doing what he should be doing and Mike Sherman isn't having any of it. He got rid of JJ. Sherman has done a good job. There were some questions this offeason about whether or not Mike had control of the team citing the several times they came out of the gate flat against bad teams, but he seems to have made this a "don't miss the boat because its leaving whether or not you want to be on it team." Only guys with positive attitudes and desire to work hard will be on the team. Cletidus got chewed out for his mess-ups.

Bill Belicheck (spelling) is the best example of this. He does this all the time regardless of the player whether it be a cap issue concerning a holdout, drugs, star player or not a star player he cuts ties when it hurts the team. As Vikings fans you guys want this to turn out better and have Tice in control of things. For the good of the NFL I would love to see all teams improve upon this. If you let in to a guy it will let in to further problems. I like it when its the Vikes, but generally its just like, "Wow you're stupid." He is stupid and I'm glad at least he's on the Vikes, but this junk happens everywhere in the NFL and it needs to stop. We all should stop pampering the primma donna athlete.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

"Jer" wrote:
    Mike McKenzie-This is related to disciplinary issues. He isn't doing what he should be doing and Mike Sherman isn't having any of it. He got rid of JJ. Sherman has done a good job. There were some questions this offeason about whether or not Mike had control of the team citing the several times they came out of the gate flat against bad teams, but he seems to have made this a "don't miss the boat because its leaving whether or not you want to be on it team." Only guys with positive attitudes and desire to work hard will be on the team. Cletidus got chewed out for his mess-ups.

Bill Belicheck (spelling) is the best example of this. He does this all the time regardless of the player whether it be a cap issue concerning a holdout, drugs, star player or not a star player he cuts ties when it hurts the team. As Vikings fans you guys want this to turn out better and have Tice in control of things. For the good of the NFL I would love to see all teams improve upon this. If you let in to a guy it will let in to further problems. I like it when its the Vikes, but generally its just like, "Wow you're stupid." He is stupid and I'm glad at least he's on the Vikes, but this junk happens everywhere in the NFL and it needs to stop. We all should stop pampering the primma donna athlete.

did the patriots just trade for dillion,farve went rehab and freeman got arrested for drinking and driving
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    "Jer" wrote:

did the patriots just trade for dillion,farve went rehab and freeman got arrested for drinking and driving
    I toally agree with the Dillon and Freeman comment- but Favre went to rehab VOLUNTARILY, after being hooked on painkillers, which EVERY NFL player takes. Anyone here who smokes or has any other addiction can tell you what its like. The Favre situation is no where near this one. An addiction is not a choice, this situation was.
    3 Straight Division Champs

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

nah its not his fault,its the players attitudes

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Did not Parcells cut his starting QB from last year due to a positive drug test the Cowboys did? Mike Tice take notice! This was not a league test it was a team test!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "jiggyjack" wrote:
    these guys make there own choices. im just glad that tice does not seem to play favorites like denny did. regardless of who it is there should be team penalties for this kind of garbage. i think overall he hurt himself with this one. he had a chance to shine over bennett. too bad.
    The thing is Tice can influence these choices. So far he has not chosen to do so.

Yeah, I get so sick of hearing that the players are adults and they are solely resposible. I wonder why there have been so many viking players getting into trouble, yet you don't see and patriot players get into trouble. Personally I think it is because of the 2 coaches. Guys like parcells and bellicick(SP?) would never have let this many players get into trouble before he started to get pissed and started fining and suspending them. I have been saying this all offseason, that when mixon got his last DUI, Tice shouldn't have stood by him and kept him as a starter, he shoulkd have released him and showed the players that he isn't gonna tolerate this crap. He acted like it was no big deal, so other vikes players didn't worry about getting into trouble, and they did get into trouble.

Players are adults and make their own descisions, yes I know this, but it is a coaches job to constantly burn into their heads that it is unacceptable to get into trouble and give the vikes organiztion a bad name. This is where Tice is to blame. He doesn't seem to care when guys get into trouble and that isn't right at all. Remember when Tice took over this team and he said he wasn't gonna draft and sign just any players, that he was gonna bring in guys with great character first before great skills?? What happened to that?

Sure each player deserves some blame, but to say no blame goes on the coach, is the reason why this crap will continue, until tice makes an example of someone.

VS and Et All remember the song "one bad apple don't spoil the hole bunch" as a number of folks have said Smith is a big boy let him take the hit, how do you think the rest of the team will feel like if they have done nothing wrong work hard followed the rules to get razed by the coaching staff and rode harder for WHAT? someone else's off time screw-up.....OFF TIME....NOT on the practice field not on the gridiron, not in the training area...kind of makes you wonder why they call it Training Camp :scratch: hunnnn

If the team has a weak link they all should suffer is whatyou are saying...sorry I believe it is better to pull that link out and put a new one in so the training can continue at the same pace no problems.

TICE is fine Smith is the bone head
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

OK, I saw Onterrio Smith in the game lastnight. What the hell? The guy just got suspended and Tice lets him play? This is the kind of crap I am talking about. Tice needs to bench Onterrio for the rest of the preseason...although that wouldn't be enough.

And Casper, if the rest of the team took the hit, I think they would realize that substance abuse is not the way to go and that Tice is going to take no more BS. Right now they do not realize that, that's why all these substance abuse cases are occuring, and in some cases reoccuing. Tice needs to take some kind of stand like that to show the team that substance abuse will not cut it under him.

Muchluv4moss, you hit the nail right on the head.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast