Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Tice comments on T.Taylor being #1 WR this week.

Looking past my previous post, how great would it be to see Troy burn that long-haired corner down the field. Some things never get old seeing even if it is a new face in Purple. I hope we throw it deep so bad.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah just like Moss in the corner of the end zone last year! Now it's Tdub's turn!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mdbsweetness34 is offline Waterboy

I think it wil be interesting to see how he does in the #1 role as #1 wr. But he cant do anything if culpepper cant get him the ball!
    Don t Give up yet, we still have a chance, just a few holes!!

UkViking is offline Rookie

Travis will do a good job at #1 receiver if Pepp and the O line do their part.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Pep will be just fine. I'll probably eat crow with this one but I think the turnover problem is over. It doesn't matter who the #1 is if we can run the ball, establish Troy as a deep threat, and spread it to all of our guys. But if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. We'll see Sunday.

My point I guess is that unless you have a true #1 like Moss or M. Harrison, nobody really needs to be the #1 as long as we utilize all of our weapons IMO.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Pep will be just fine. I'll probably eat crow with this one but I think the turnover problem is over. It doesn't matter who the #1 is if we can run the ball, establish Troy as a deep threat, and spread it to all of our guys. But if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. We'll see Sunday.

My point I guess is that unless you have a true #1 like Moss or M. Harrison, nobody really needs to be the #1 as long as we utilize all of our weapons IMO.

Interesting way to look at things......I guess? lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully we can manage to finish a drive or three with touchdowns, or atleast a field goal. A #1 reciever will emerge... but whom it will be...?
    Will just have too step up on Sunday. If we spread it around and most importantly RUN the ball, we should be alright. Pep can't force things either by pressing. Instead he must make his reads and not hold the ball to long. Maybe even start with a shorter passing attack, then take a shot down field.

I really DON'T understand why they would not run Troy Williamson...and for that matter K. Robinson on an occasional deep pattern. Assuming they are as fast as billed and they outrun the coverage, if Culpepper just airs it out safely over their heads (deadly risk of an oxymoron here), even if they fail to catch the Saints will have to respect the possibility at least. Anything to open up things underneath a smidge for possession receivers such as T. Taylor and M. Robinson would be good. I called Tice and he agreed to do this...which scares the everlovin' scat out of me! Kidding!!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Is Koren Robinson going to line up in the slot? I think he should be our flanker, with Taylor at spilt end and Williamson/M. Robinson at slot.

SamDawg84 Guest

thats goin to look odd with t tay goin to be our #1 wd..... but its goin to be kinda funny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast