Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Tice blew the challenge again!!!

Tice didn't blow anything. Heck, when I was watching it, I thought it was a catch. I didn't notice it wasn't until the announcers bought it up.

Here's what lost us the game:
    -Bad kickoffs, bad kickoff coverage
    -Not running the ball enough
    -Penalities whenever we got inside the 30
    -Daunte's fumble
    -Where the hell was the deep ball?

I had no problems with the coaching except that I thought we should have run the ball more. Hopefully the team can work on all those penalties and get that fixed..........and we really need a good kicker to do kickoffs. Elling isn't gonna cut it. We also should have chucked up some deep passes to Moss.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Tice didn't blow anything. Heck, when I was watching it, I thought it was a catch. I didn't notice it wasn't until the announcers bought it up.

Here's what lost us the game:
    -Bad kickoffs, bad kickoff coverage
    -Not running the ball enough
    -Penalities whenever we got inside the 30
    -Daunte's fumble
    -Where the hell was the deep ball?

I had no problems with the coaching except that I thought we should have run the ball more. Hopefully the team can work on all those penalties and get that fixed..........and we really need a good kicker to do kickoffs. Elling isn't gonna cut it. We also should have chucked up some deep passes to Moss.

Sorry to disagree with you Viking Spirit but I called no touchdown before any replays, you could tell from where he went down that he could not have scored!!!!

3 people in the room were saying he scored, but 2 of us said he was down and couldn't have scored from that far out. When they showed the replay they all could see that he could not have scored from were he was when he went down.

Why some of the vikes couldn't see this I do not know.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

With the game on the line and it being near the sideline I would think it would be an automatic call.

But then again we were allready hurting for timeouts so that could have taken a role in his decision.

After watching the game I think the coaches didn't do thier jobs on all fronts. But I wouldn't call for Tice's head just yet.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Most people here are mad because we didn't throw the deep ball why? 1. Culpepper didn't have enough time in the pocket to let the recievers get deep. 2. we were playing ball control offense. Pepper had 343yards passing that more then in the Dallas game. What is the best way to stop a good offense? Don't let them take the field. The Viks did a great job of moving the ball and picking up first downs it was scoring that we had a problem with.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What a joke Big Daddy. He didn't have time? What kind of BS is that. There were so many times where a simple roll-out gave him like 4 seconds. WE are a deep-strike offense. Damn this game reminded me of the Bears game last year except instead of running it to Onterrio we passed it for 3 yards every play. Guess what you don't win by picking up 410 yards of offense, you win by getting in the endzone, which were obviously wern't doing with our "ball control" offense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

A couple of people have said it already but I'll just put my two cents worth in here: we didn't throw deep cuz cpep had NO time in the pocket. That pocket collapsed quicker than any pocket I have seen in a while. Penalties killed us all night. Not having Kleinsasser hurt badly, and Adam Haayer, did we really waste a draft pick on him, ugh! We'll take it to the depleated bears next week!! It's too bad Tillman is hurt, cuz Moss is getting some revenge next week!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

They did not go deep because nobody was open!!!duh give the eagles credit. There was always a safety over the top of Moss and the other DB's played good man to man. Duante did not have alot of time either, Kearse was in thier making Duante move on almost every pass.
    Los I am not sure about the ABC feed, that is what the Vikings O-Line coach said today but he was not sure about what kind of replay they have in the booth in Philly, the ABC was speculation on his part.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice (or whoever was in charge of watching the replay) did indeed blow it. But even so, the mistakes (and phantom call on Winfield) precluded any chances that the Vikes had to win this game. Absent those things, the Vikes still win the game, Tice call or not. I still like Tice and think that he is a better coach than many other more seasoned NFL coaches. Hey, he beat Parcells last week. Does that make Parcells worse than Tice? The game is usually won or lost by the players and last night's game was lost mainly by the players.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123