snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Go away FNG
    Enlvikeman

Nice Photo, Look who is guarding Moss ===== Winfield

Del Rio Guest

Tice

I disagree, but to each his own. If you honestly think another scheme and another cordinator will magically fix this situation that's just a little bit crazy. All I see them lacking is leadership and direction on the field.

Tice is here another year so I think your gonna have to watch some basketball or just live with it for now

QQ

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Tice

i say after the playoffs get rid of both linehan and cottrell. i have to admit that i dont like either one of these guys. it sucks to change again and again but the jobs are not gettting done. its true that oleary made a horrible d into a terrible d. and cottrell didnt step that up one notch. linehan shows he can come up with a game plan to beat someone in the first quarter but after that the team struggles to score points when they should and that falls on him. can we get billick back? lol, yea right!! what about fassel and greg williams. think we would have to pay them more than tice gets and that hurts chances to get one of these top notch guys. red supposedly being a smart business guy should give up his pocketbook to get the top notch guys. winning translates into more revenue doesnt it? thus making the team more lucrative? more attractive to sell? everyone wants a winner!!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Tice

"RK" wrote:
    The D has been bad for the last 6 years, it just hit rock bottom recently it's rebuilding time hence all the youngins. We are just one FA Vetran MLB away from being solid.
    Sorry DelRio but we are more than that away from being solid. We are mostly a Defensive Coordinator away from being solid. We also have no depth in the secondary. Look what happened when Winfield got injured. It showed just how crappy the LB's are. And how poorly coached the defense is in general. When a team is just an injury away from collapse they need major rebuilding. Lets hope for a lucky draft this year. I say lucky because its clear cheap ass Red isn't going to spend money for talent. :angryfire:
    If we hadn't lost Irvin right at the start then we would have a good starting CB tandem of Winfield/ Irvin with Williams as a good backup and first choice to step into the nickel package. Another good CB would help solidify the DBs.
    LBs suffered with Claiborne being out - a lot of the problem lay not so much with coaching as players not following their assigments. As Del Rio said we could do with a veteran FA MLB in place and let EJ play beside him.
    The pass rush still needs work but has started to get better, though still not enough to take the heat off the secondary on third and long. Maybe that could be addressed with trading one of the RBs we currently have, as we sure won't be carrying all four of them onto next seasons roster.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

Tice

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Tice

The defense is bad all the way from the coaching to the scheming to the dumb assed players we have who can't follow the simplified version of a suck scheme....

I really don't think they trust the scheme and are just not getting it.....I'm not sure how to fix the problems we have but someone needs to be fired...for sure

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Tice

well Del I do think a easier scheme would help this team on defense as the linebackers are young and look lost on the field. They constently shoot the wrong gap and in many cases have thier heads turned away when the ball is being snapped. If I was an offensive co-ordinator I would be salvating at just the though of ripping up this defense. I also think plaing my CB's seven yards deep is a joke I would want to hit the recievers at the line to disrupt the patterns.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Del Rio Guest

Tice

The scheme doesn't get any more simple then what they run now. What exactly is confusing about base D? Frankly it can be summed up as growing pains.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Tice

The scheme doesn't get any more simple then what they run now. What exactly is confusing about base D? Frankly it can be summed up as growing pains.
    I think that is a very generous take on our problems. I used to be more generous myself but the last 3 years have dampened my attitude a bit.

WWBGD

Del Rio Guest

Tice

You cannot honestly sit here and say that our D is worse then it was at the begining of the season? That=improvement which is the correct direction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast