Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tice

tjvikes40 is offline Waterboy

Tice

just cant believe this guy ever became our head coach to begin with. he was an offensive line coach for god sakes. who cares if he gets along with moss, with no head coaching or even assitant head coacing experience it was a joke of a hire and even more so now to give him another year to be a sub par head coach. we have the talent on defense to be a good defensive teamnot great but good. look at the crap denny green(remeber him?) has here in arizona and they can put up 5 victories, just seams a qualified coach would have had the talent on this team competing not for playoffs but superbowls the past three years. Red its time for you and tice to go. i dont know if i can go through this crap aonther year.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Tice

Guys quit b*tching, i've already had it with people slapping tice around but he's gonna be hear another year and there's nothing we can do about it. Tice is gonnna be hear another year big whoop, we're probably gonna have another nice draft, he'll probably lure in a couple more FA's. I like tice, i can't help it, sometimes he pisses me off but has it ever occured to you that its not all his fault. Look what ted did with the defense this year, he sucks ass. Look what oleary did with a defense with much less talent last year, he turned them into a weapon. Even if i didnt like tice i would still have to except the decision of the orginization. Now if they gave an extention to Cotrell i would be heated. IMO, cotrell has f*cked up this season, badly.

Tice

????? oleary turned them into a weapon??????
    where was i. they had more turnovers but the defense still sucked last year.
    3 years no playoffs, do you think tony dungy would have this record? btw he was available when red hired tice. would any decent coach have not gotten to the playoffs at least 2 of three years with this team. even if we make the playoff this year its only cause the nfc sucks

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Tice

Go away FNG

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Tice

Yes oleary did his best with what he had, he turned them into a one dementional weapon. They caused turnovers, INT's, Fumble, all that good stuff to get the ball back to our offense. They gave up poiints and yardage yes, but our defense is not getting INT's and such like last year. Their doing better but why is the defense worse this year than last year? Got to put that on the shoulder of the D Cordinator. Wether tice deals with it in the offseason is yet to be known.

Del Rio Guest

Tice

I agree with the original poster, but we have beat this into the dirt. And there is no use crying over what might have been.

We have a self centered cheap ass owner who doesn't want to spend. He is running the team into the ground. And yet we have a solid core of players. Even though I don't like him I think Tice is a good coach I only come to that conclusion after considering what he has to work with in regards to Red.

We seem to still be contenders and we are owned by someone who could give a shit what happens to us. I have to credit coaching and pure talent

Tice

ok how many defensive cordinators are we gonna have to go through before it gets to be tice's fault?
    no matter what you say about last year they were still considered one of the worst defenses in the league. now i put all the balme on red for hiring a guy with no experience other thatn a few years as a line coach. but now its time to move on

Del Rio Guest

Tice

I just don't see how you will get what you want with Red here.

The D has been bad for the last 6 years, it just hit rock bottom recently it's rebuilding time hence all the youngins. We are just one FA Vetran MLB away from being solid.

The point is screaming for Tice here will do nothing for your quest. Unless maybe Red comes here and reads this stuff

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Tice

"tjvikes40" wrote:
    ????? oleary turned them into a weapon??????
    where was i. they had more turnovers but the defense still sucked last year.
    3 years no playoffs, do you think tony dungy would have this record? btw he was available when red hired tice. would any decent coach have not gotten to the playoffs at least 2 of three years with this team. even if we make the playoff this year its only cause the nfc sucks

He had less to work with and produced better results then this team with better talent.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Tice

The D has been bad for the last 6 years, it just hit rock bottom recently it's rebuilding time hence all the youngins. We are just one FA Vetran MLB away from being solid.
    Sorry DelRio but we are more than that away from being solid. We are mostly a Defensive Coordinator away from being solid. We also have no depth in the secondary. Look what happened when Winfield got injured. It showed just how crappy the LB's are. And how poorly coached the defense is in general. When a team is just an injury away from collapse they need major rebuilding. Lets hope for a lucky draft this year. I say lucky because its clear cheap ass Red isn't going to spend money for talent. :angryfire:

WWBGD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast