Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: THumbs up to Tice!!!

WOW big Mike calls the KFAN radio fans low life. :shock: Now there is a smart move on his part. :lol:

WWBGD

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Mike Tice is a clueless cornhole. Yeah, he managed to call a game that could beat the League's Worst team. Great. Too bad they threw for only 107 and stopped running during the second half, huh? Too bad the defense did nothing to stop them after intermission? Don't be fooled by this game. Until he actully does something against a team that is worth a darn, I wont' give him ANY props. I wouldn't let him coach my son's little league team.

Plus, he's a jerk. In case any of you missed it, he was slamming the VIkings fans in the StarTrib this morning.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5634508.html

*snip*
    In fact, Tice suggested the only fans who might have booed Culpepper never would have been in the Metrodome in the first place.

"I don't think the quarterback would have heard it from the fans," Tice said. "Only the KFAN [talk-radio] fans ... and most of those people can't afford a ticket anyway."

They're not booing Culpepper, Tice. They're booing YOU!! Becasue you're a fraud.

This guy can kiss my a$$. I'm sick and tired of his arrogant, moronic garbage every time I hear him. He's the worst coach in the NFL, hands down. He deserves NOTHING.
    LOL

So I guess this guy would have preferred a loss to them instead.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Plus, he's a jerk. In case any of you missed it, he was slamming the VIkings fans in the StarTrib this morning.
    *snip*
    In fact, Tice suggested the only fans who might have booed Culpepper never would have been in the Metrodome in the first place.

"I don't think the quarterback would have heard it from the fans," Tice said. "Only the KFAN [talk-radio] fans ... and most of those people can't afford a ticket anyway."
    Tice is a funny guy. Anything said about the fans was tongue in cheek - while at the same time supporting our quarterback. Maybe I'm just hard to offend, but I thought it was funny.

Tice should be commended for taking the bull by the horns, and having a bigger part in play calling. Not coincidentally this was our best offensive showing in some time (the defense wasn't too shabby either).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Last week I said although it was looking bad, I was willing to give Tice one more week before starting to SCREAM for his head. I will give him credit for making the coaching adjustment that obviously allowed the offense to function in the first half. The Vikes have a long way to go methinks before they are truly Super Bowl caliber though, and MUCH of that is at the coaching level and involves intangibles....instilling a 3rd quarter killer instinct for example...which the Vikings haven't had for sure since before Denny Green and perhaps forever!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

TheViking is offline Rookie

I'm glad we got the win and Pep showed that he hasnt forgot how to play. I still think Tice should be let go at the end of the season, he is a good asst coach but not head coach material, not yet anyways. The execution this week was alot better and it helps when special teams and defense are causing turn overs and leaving the offense in better field position. Tice like alot of coaches became complacent in the second half and allowed the Saints to get back in the game. We can not offord that type of effort again next week against the Falcons. Good win but lets still find a "offensive advisor" for the year and look at the best coaches available for next season.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Good Job Tice and crew!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Del Rio Guest

I still am not a fan of Tice. Him beating a team that we should beat is nice, but I'm not about to try and lift the guy on my shoulders. I still wouldn't cry if at the end of the season he found a job somewhere else.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I hate Tice a lot less than I did on Thursday. First of all, good playcalling the entire game. Secondly, I think he told Daunte to run in the first half, but told him not to run as much when we were up 24-6 at halftime. I would have loved to see a blowout but not at the expense of an injury. Also, I criticized him greatly, saying Moore would get 10 carries, Bennett 5, and Williams 5. Instead Moore gets 23 carries! Yay! See Del Rio! You had me convinced but it turns out we will only have one back.

The question now is how innovative can Tice keep the playcalling. I have always thought during the last 4 years (especially the last two) that our slumps were a result of lack of new creative plays on offense. By midseason, teams could look at our film, learn how to stop us, and we wouldn't have any new tricks in our pockets. That definetly needs to change this year, and now that Tice is calling plays, it's up to him.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Tice actually reminds me of Steeler coach Cowher a lot. Both are kind of "blue collar guys" and both like line-oriented "smash-mouth football", I think. I think Tice is very offensive-line oriented. So far, I am willing to give Tice the benefit of the doubt, especially after yesterday. One area he could improve is penalties and turnovers (although, those were also vastly improved yesterday, obviously).

I really think that one thing that separates good teams from bad in the NFL today is turnovers and penalties. And you can tell how well a team is coached by how many of both of those they get. Offensive penalties kill drives, and it is proven in the NFL. Turnovers also obviously kill teams. You can always see the good teams in the NFL, because they have a positive takeaway/turnover ration.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Atlanta is a great test for us. If we can go into atlanta and give them a run for thier money and or win. Then IMO we should let tice ride out the season. If we stink it up...well hosta la bye bye

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast