Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: THumbs up to Tice!!!

Ya hats off to Tice and Dont forget get Teddy, sendin some nice blitz packages in at the right moments! Hats off to the whole vikings team as a whole today!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't think the media or anyone else is going to get off Tice's or Pep's back until we beat a team like Atlanta. I think we played lots better and I hope some of the communication problems have been solved. However the 3rd quarter was not that great and we did let them get back and stay in the game till the 4th quarter with a chance to win it instead of putting them away. That makes me a little nervous having watched that scenario play out several times over the last two years. Tice and his coaching staff should win this game no question. They were playing one of the weakest defenses in the league and a team that has been on the road for 3 weeks in a row and were coming off a tough Monday night game.

In short, Tice still has something to prove IMO. They played lots better but they were not up against much of a challenge. :wink:

WWBGD

Okay, I'm certainly not a Tice hater but I still don't think this game has made up for all the questions the first two games brought into the picture.

We still allowed this team to climb back into the game and I think that is a coaching issue. People can say what they want but there is an amount of team discipline necessary to finish a game when you've got a comfortable lead and not slack off. It didn't bite us this time but there was a point when they were within a TD and a 2-pt conversion of tying it up. Beyond which we have still yet to prove that we can win on the road, that our O-line can play a solid game, and (personal opinion here) I think we went to the air too much in the middle of the game when we should've pounded the ball and ran down the clock.

I'm not saying that Tice should be fired but people seem to love him after a win and hate him after a loss. He's human so he makes mistakes and we should call them for what they are. Once again, he did some good things this game but I'm not quite ready to drink the Tice kool-aide yet. Hopefully by the end of the year he can prove that he deserves a decent contract extension.

-DD

(Let the flaming begin)
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I thought he did a good job today. I'm normally a Tice hater, but I thought he did well. There were only 2 plays I didn't agree with....I didn't agree with the play from the end of the 3rd quarter. We ran the ball on 2nd down, and there were about 30 seconds left on the clock. Then instead of waiting til the beginning of the 4th to run our next play, we ran another play with about 18 seconds left on the clock and didn't get the first down. To me that was a stupid thing to do. If you think about it, 18 seconds at the end of the 3rd + 8 seconds to run the play at the beginning of the 4th + 30 seconds from the play clock + 8 seconds for the punt= over a minute of game time! That minute could have been huge if the game would have been closer.

The only other gripe I had was in the first quarter. It was 3rd and 1 from about the 15, and instead of running the ball and getting 3 more downs for shots @ the end zone, we threw the fade to Robinson! To me it was just a stupid play call (actually kind of looked like something Daunte audibled into), instead of getting the first and maybe scoring a TD we settled for the field goal.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I didn't agree with the play from the end of the 3rd quarter. We ran the ball on 2nd down, and there were about 30 seconds left on the clock. Then instead of waiting til the beginning of the 4th to run our next play, we ran another play with about 18 seconds left on the clock and didn't get the first down. To me that was a stupid thing to do. If you think about it, 18 seconds at the end of the 3rd + 8 seconds to run the play at the beginning of the 4th + 30 seconds from the play clock + 8 seconds for the punt= over a minute of game time! That minute could have been huge if the game would have been closer.
    Both the play clock & the game clock were both ticking down on the same count. I watched them both. Had we waited, we would have been flagged for delay of game as the quarter ended.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

THumbs up to Tice!!!
    Here ya go...

...two!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I really dont get some of you. This team is still coming together. Going from a 38-8 loss to a 33-16 win isnt good enough? I thought we played dang well! Ya the saints climbed back in it for a little while, but heck the saints do have a pretty darn good offense. In order to have a successfull running game, you gotta run it and keep on running it. You may have some 3 and outs and so forth, but tice and co stuck with it. and you see the result, 100+yards for MeMo. We're not perfect, but we're gettin there :grin:

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

I agree, Tice gets some accolades for this game. What will come out is that we beat the Saints, a perpetual losing team, they are in their best years as a franchise and still hover around 0.500 at best.

I'm excited to see the Vikes play against Ron Mexico's team next weekend. Ron had his best game as 'as a QB' last week against the Bills D in their house. That was the first time I have ever been impressed with Vick's QBing skills, he actually had some nice passes.

The Vikes D brought a tear to my eye this week. It has been a loooong time since I haven't been sweating bullets every time the opponent had the ball.

Hooversham is offline Starter

Mike Tice is a clueless cornhole. Yeah, he managed to call a game that could beat the League's Worst team. Great. Too bad they threw for only 107 and stopped running during the second half, huh? Too bad the defense did nothing to stop them after intermission? Don't be fooled by this game. Until he actully does something against a team that is worth a darn, I wont' give him ANY props. I wouldn't let him coach my son's little league team.

Plus, he's a jerk. In case any of you missed it, he was slamming the VIkings fans in the StarTrib this morning.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5634508.html

*snip*
    In fact, Tice suggested the only fans who might have booed Culpepper never would have been in the Metrodome in the first place.

"I don't think the quarterback would have heard it from the fans," Tice said. "Only the KFAN [talk-radio] fans ... and most of those people can't afford a ticket anyway."

They're not booing Culpepper, Tice. They're booing YOU!! Becasue you're a fraud.

This guy can kiss my a$$. I'm sick and tired of his arrogant, moronic garbage every time I hear him. He's the worst coach in the NFL, hands down. He deserves NOTHING.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Prophet Guest

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Mike Tice is a clueless cornhole. Yeah, he managed to call a game that could beat the League's Worst team. Great. Too bad they threw for only 107 and stopped running during the second half, huh? Too bad the defense did nothing to stop them after intermission? Don't be fooled by this game. Until he actully does something against a team that is worth a darn, I wont' give him ANY props. I wouldn't let him coach my son's little league team.

Plus, he's a jerk. In case any of you missed it, he was slamming the VIkings fans in the StarTrib this morning.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5634508.html

*snip*
    In fact, Tice suggested the only fans who might have booed Culpepper never would have been in the Metrodome in the first place.

"I don't think the quarterback would have heard it from the fans," Tice said. "Only the KFAN [talk-radio] fans ... and most of those people can't afford a ticket anyway."

They're not booing Culpepper, Tice. They're booing YOU!! Becasue you're a fraud.

This guy can kiss my a$$. I'm sick and tired of his arrogant, moronic garbage every time I hear him. He's the worst coach in the NFL, hands down. He deserves NOTHING.
    I'm guessing you don't like Tice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast