Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!
    Holy shit.

    Honestly, I am trying very, very hard not to Green Dot myself with this post.
    Must... resist... urge...

    OK.
    Let's start with the obvious.
    MOSS ISN'T ON THIS FUCKING TEAM ANYMORE.
    (OK, calm down, breath...) Ahem.
    As I was saying, we were able to throw deep when Moss was on the team because Moss was on the team.


    Second, TJack is not very accurate with the deep ball.
    Almost all of the deep passes he has thrown this season have been picked off or intercepted.
    Why would you want to continue doing that?

    Third, we tried going to the air attack against Detroit, who have a weaker secondary than KC.
    They were putting 8 in the box too, and we thought we could beat them in the air.
    We couldn't.
    So instead of keeping the ball on the ground, and punting if a drive stalled, we were giving the ball back to them with great field position.
    Not once, but four times.
    One of the definitions of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    Fourth, don't underestimate KC.
    The reason they are losing right now is because they lost much of their O when their QB left.
    And LJ can't run behind this new OL.
    The defense is still holding its own.

    Lastly, we need to game plan for our strengths, not an opponent's weakness.
    You attack weaknesses, but you don't plan the entire game around them.
    Our strength lies in our running game and our defense.
    So when we have the ball, we should run...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    Second, TJack is not very accurate with the deep ball.
    Almost all of the deep passes he has thrown this season have been picked off or intercepted.
    Why would you want to continue doing that?
    So that TJ can have more interceptions than Brett Favre?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #13
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    Let's beat the Chiefs.

  4. #14
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "Mr" wrote:
    Let's beat the Chiefs.
    I second that motion.
    El underdog.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    Holy pooh.

    Honestly, I am trying very, very hard not to Green Dot myself with this post.
    Must... resist... urge...
    Who's gonna break down first?
    You or me my friend.
    ;D

    Judging by some of the comments in this thread a good percentage of the people on here still don't understand the WCO and I'm not taking the time to explain it anymore as I have already wore out two keyboards.

    The flunkies are getting mad at having to replace them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    Calm down everyone.
    Can't we work out some kind of compromise?
    How about this: the Vikings should throw the ball deep, only backwards or sideways instead.
    That way, it'll only be a fumble or an incompletion instead of an interception.


    Seriously, though - I do think that you're both onto something here.
    On the one hand, this team isn't well suited for the deep pass.
    On the other hand, we need to spread the defense from time to time to keep the defense from blitzing and using press coverage all the time.
    In the end, the team needs to work on these kinds of plays a bit more in practice to be able to effectively run these plays once or twice a game.
    However, we should still primarily stick to what we do best.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  7. #17
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!
    Holy pooh.

    Honestly, I am trying very, very hard not to Green Dot myself with this post.
    Must... resist... urge...

    OK.
    Let's start with the obvious.
    MOSS ISN'T ON THIS fricken TEAM ANYMORE.
    (OK, calm down, breath...) Ahem.
    As I was saying, we were able to throw deep when Moss was on the team because Moss was on the team.


    Second, TJack is not very accurate with the deep ball.
    Almost all of the deep passes he has thrown this season have been picked off or intercepted.
    Why would you want to continue doing that?

    Third, we tried going to the air attack against Detroit, who have a weaker secondary than KC.
    They were putting 8 in the box too, and we thought we could beat them in the air.
    We couldn't.
    So instead of keeping the ball on the ground, and punting if a drive stalled, we were giving the ball back to them with great field position.
    Not once, but four times.
    One of the definitions of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    Fourth, don't underestimate KC.
    The reason they are losing right now is because they lost much of their O when their QB left.
    And LJ can't run behind this new OL.
    The defense is still holding its own.

    Lastly, we need to game plan for our strengths, not an opponent's weakness.
    You attack weaknesses, but you don't plan the entire game around them.
    Our strength lies in our running game and our defense.
    So when we have the ball, we should run...
    We need to run out of a touble tight end formation.
    Just keep pounding the ball.
    Wear them down.
    Similar to the Herm Edwards philosophy.
    3rd and 9, run it.
    3rd and 15, run it.
    Like Paul says better than giving them great field position all the time.

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!
    Holy pooh.

    Honestly, I am trying very, very hard not to Green Dot myself with this post.
    Must... resist... urge...

    OK.
    Let's start with the obvious.
    MOSS ISN'T ON THIS fricken TEAM ANYMORE.
    (OK, calm down, breath...) Ahem.
    As I was saying, we were able to throw deep when Moss was on the team because Moss was on the team.


    Second, TJack is not very accurate with the deep ball.
    Almost all of the deep passes he has thrown this season have been picked off or intercepted.
    Why would you want to continue doing that?

    Third, we tried going to the air attack against Detroit, who have a weaker secondary than KC.
    They were putting 8 in the box too, and we thought we could beat them in the air.
    We couldn't.
    So instead of keeping the ball on the ground, and punting if a drive stalled, we were giving the ball back to them with great field position.
    Not once, but four times.
    One of the definitions of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    Fourth, don't underestimate KC.
    The reason they are losing right now is because they lost much of their O when their QB left.
    And LJ can't run behind this new OL.
    The defense is still holding its own.

    Lastly, we need to game plan for our strengths, not an opponent's weakness.
    You attack weaknesses, but you don't plan the entire game around them.
    Our strength lies in our running game and our defense.
    So when we have the ball, we should run...
    We need to run out of a touble tight end formation.
    Just keep pounding the ball.
    Where them down.
    Similar to the Herm Edwards philosophy.
    3rd and 9, run it.
    3rd and 15, run it.
    Like Paul says better than giving them great field position all the time.
    How is that working for Herm by the way?
    Not so good as a Jet and seems to be a flop with the Chiefs.

    I say flop the run.
    We need to be a balanced offense (with possibly a bit more run than pass).
    If we don't start working on it (the pass) during game time situations then we will never get thier.

    Balance my friends is the way to success.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    How can we throw the ball deep when TJ has no time to throw deep!

  10. #20
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!
    Holy pooh.

    Honestly, I am trying very, very hard not to Green Dot myself with this post.
    Must... resist... urge...

    OK.
    Let's start with the obvious.
    MOSS ISN'T ON THIS fricken TEAM ANYMORE.
    (OK, calm down, breath...) Ahem.
    As I was saying, we were able to throw deep when Moss was on the team because Moss was on the team.


    Second, TJack is not very accurate with the deep ball.
    Almost all of the deep passes he has thrown this season have been picked off or intercepted.
    Why would you want to continue doing that?

    Third, we tried going to the air attack against Detroit, who have a weaker secondary than KC.
    They were putting 8 in the box too, and we thought we could beat them in the air.
    We couldn't.
    So instead of keeping the ball on the ground, and punting if a drive stalled, we were giving the ball back to them with great field position.
    Not once, but four times.
    One of the definitions of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    Fourth, don't underestimate KC.
    The reason they are losing right now is because they lost much of their O when their QB left.
    And LJ can't run behind this new OL.
    The defense is still holding its own.

    Lastly, we need to game plan for our strengths, not an opponent's weakness.
    You attack weaknesses, but you don't plan the entire game around them.
    Our strength lies in our running game and our defense.
    So when we have the ball, we should run...
    We need to run out of a touble tight end formation.
    Just keep pounding the ball.
    Where them down.
    Similar to the Herm Edwards philosophy.
    3rd and 9, run it.
    3rd and 15, run it.
    Like Paul says better than giving them great field position all the time.
    How is that working for Herm by the way?
    Not so good as a Jet and seems to be a flop with the Chiefs.

    I say flop the run.
    We need to be a balanced offense (with possibly a bit more run than pass).
    If we don't start working on it (the pass) during game time situations then we will never get thier.

    Balance my friends is the way to success.

    ;D
    It doesn't work for Herm.
    But, what other choice do we have?
    Balance is the key.
    But as we have witnessed there is a major flaw with our passing game.
    Blame it on receivers, quarterback, scheme, or the line.
    We simply cannot get the ball downfield.
    I don't see many other options with the personnel we have.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Damn, Damn, Triple, Damn
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
  2. Peterson needs to learn how to hold onto the damn ball!!
    By mamaluke in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. (Merged) Run the Damn Ball
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
  4. Devin Hester: Just Give Me the Damn Ball
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
  5. Run the damn ball!!!!!!!!
    By muchluv4smoot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •