Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,723

    Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    OK if any1 watched yesterdays contest between the washington redskins an tha philly eagles.. the redskins ran on them ran on them then went deep.. they threw deep almost every passing play besides 3rd down. We have a big arm QB in Tjax we have speedy recivers in TWILL Fergie Ferg an Wade an Alison...Rice is our position reciver.. so im saying we run wit taylor run with peterson then on a 1st or 2nd down throw deep to Twill or Alison or Fergie Ferg. it makes sense.. TWILL has Excellent speed if he could catch it..

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    OK if any1 watched yesterdays contest between the washington redskins an tha philly eagles.. the redskins ran on them ran on them then went deep.. they threw deep almost every passing play besides 3rd down. We have a big arm QB in Tjax we have speedy recivers in TWILL Fergie Ferg an Wade an Alison...Rice is our position reciver.. so im saying we run wit taylor run with peterson then on a 1st or 2nd down throw deep to Twill or Alison or Fergie Ferg. it makes sense.. TWILL has Excellent speed if he could catch it..
    How do you know that deep balls were not planned?
    That the plays were called but the coverage the Lions played dictated a check-down or move to a secondary receiver?
    Or that the protection collapsed too fast for Tarvaris to make the deep pass?
    Accurate deep passes require that the QB have a complete step-through/follow-through on the ball for it to get there.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    405

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    our offense is hardly build for throwing the deep ball bro. Our linemen are run blockers, and our offense is built around three step drops and short passes. The problem right now is were giving up on the run to early in the game... plain and simple

  4. #4
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,723

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    OK if any1 watched yesterdays contest between the washington redskins an tha philly eagles.. the redskins ran on them ran on them then went deep.. they threw deep almost every passing play besides 3rd down. We have a big arm QB in Tjax we have speedy recivers in TWILL Fergie Ferg an Wade an Alison...Rice is our position reciver.. so im saying we run wit taylor run with peterson then on a 1st or 2nd down throw deep to Twill or Alison or Fergie Ferg. it makes sense.. TWILL has Excellent speed if he could catch it..
    How do you know that deep balls were not planned?
    That the plays were called but the coverage the Lions played dictated a check-down or move to a secondary receiver?
    Or that the protection collapsed too fast for Tarvaris to make the deep pass?
    Accurate deep passes require that the QB have a complete step-through/follow-through on the ball for it to get there.

    =Z=
    your right Zeus but i seen Plenty of times in the game where TJax had all day.. he wanted to dance around in the pocket like Michael Jackson..or run like he is Ron Mexico. You see the screens an flares
    an 5 in outs arent working... THROW IT MORE THAN 30yards..we gotta make people respect our throwing game or it will be a
    long season..

  5. #5
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    Yeah, it seemed like during the Lions game, almost every time we through the deep ball, it was picked off!

  7. #7
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,723

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!

  8. #8
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    OK so I watched the Colts play and I watched Manning call his plays at the line depending on what the defense was showing.
    We need for TJ to line up and make his own calls just like Payton does.
    He has a voice, he has eyes to see the D...............

    /sarcasm off.

    :

    WWBGD

  9. #9
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Throw The gol 'darnit Ball Deep!!!!

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Ahem. Ok if TJ has any problems at all it's throwing the deep ball accurately.

    The o-line can't withstand the pass rush long enough to allow a deep ball.

    & Troy Williamson's biggest problem is adjusting than catching said deep ball.

    I'll pass.
    ONCE AGAIN!!! until we get the deep ball going like back in the moss days we are done.. they are gonna blitz an put 8 in tha box all day... WE NEED TO THROW DEEP..
    CHilly prays that AP or CT will bus one of those screens for 70yards all tha time... it happens once n a blue moon... we need to throw deep an KCis weak right now.. Ty Law is good but slow.. go deep on him!!
    I THINK WE SHOULD THROW THE BALL TO TROY WILLIAMSON 30% OF THE TIME. AND CHILDRESS SHOULD ANNOUNCE THIS TO THE MEDIA.











    lol sorry i had to.

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Throw The Damn Ball Deep!!!!

    If it were only that easy.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Damn, Damn, Triple, Damn
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
  2. Peterson needs to learn how to hold onto the damn ball!!
    By mamaluke in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. (Merged) Run the Damn Ball
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
  4. Devin Hester: Just Give Me the Damn Ball
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
  5. Run the damn ball!!!!!!!!
    By muchluv4smoot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •