Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.

  2. #22
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.


    :lol:

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

    :lol:

  4. #24
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

    Let's not worry about the #3 QB or who could start if we lose Brad. Right now he's healthy and Hill is the backup. Let's just continue to support the QB's we have and support our team as a whole. After all, a win Sunday will keep us in the hunt for the division title.

    I know that things look bad, and they are, but the Vikes are not out of it yet.

    SKOL!!!

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

    I'm not worried about it yet. Brad knows how to get rid of a ball quickley.

    Even if the Vikes signed a QB before this weekend, I don't think he'd have gotten to play even if BJ & Hill went down.

    He'd still have to learn the playbook 1st.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "Fason, whose appearances have been limited to special teams, is expected to be the Vikings' short-yardage running back against the Lions; veteran Moe Williams missed a second consecutive day of practice because of muscle spasms in his back and a sore knee. "




    FINALLY! i've been dying to see this kid hit the field. I for one love and want reggie bush on this team, but I'm so gol 'darnit curious to see what fason can do!
    I've always thought that Ciatrick Fason was a weird name. On the bright side, it is a step up from his birth name, Killpatrick Face-off.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  7. #27
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.


    :lol:
    Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

    "Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  8. #28
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.


    :lol:
    Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

    "Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"
    I wonder what his 40 is? :lol:

  9. #29
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.
    [img]http//www.dartmouth.edu/~dcmb/images/directorate/coke.jpg[/img]

    lol
    Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

    "Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"
    I wonder what his 40 is? lol
    I don't know. They timed his 40 in the combine, and...

    ...they're still timing him. :lol:

    But he'd do a better job of blocking than Mike Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, and Adam Goldberg put together. He may be raw, untrained, & lacking a brain, but you can't coach size, and that's exactly what he's got. He'd be great at cut-blocking if we pushed him on his side on every play and picked him back up again. It'd give those three guys something to do.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  10. #30
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesfan
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.
    [img]http//www.dartmouth.edu/~dcmb/images/directorate/coke.jpg[/img]

    lol
    Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

    "Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"
    I wonder what his 40 is? lol
    I don't know. They timed his 40 in the combine, and...

    ...they're still timing him. :lol:

    But he'd do a better job of blocking than Mike Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, and Adam Goldberg put together. He may be raw, untrained, & lacking a brain, but you can't coach size, and that's exactly what he's got. He'd be great at cut-blocking if we pushed him on his side on every play and picked him back up again. It'd give those three guys something to do.
    what would happen if we got a first down? We would have to get the entire team to pick him up and move him to the next spot.. And what about pulling guards? that may be a problem. :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Big layoffs at work today...
    By NodakPaul in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
  2. Vikings work out 4 punters today ...
    By Derek Rick in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
  3. Police: Customer Brought Grenade Into Waffle House
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Since Audio brought up the topic of Pet Peeves....
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 01:15 AM
  5. Today is my last day at work !!!
    By mnjamie in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •