Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: We have a #3 QB it's.....

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.
    Maybe if he didnt have his problems with drugs we would take him.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Why haven't we signed Quincy Carter? Am I the only one that thinks he's a halfway decent QB. Compared to anyone else still on the market, he seems like the obvious choice. Plus, Carter's mobility would be much needed behind our O-line. I know that I'd feel MUCH better with him as our #2 than with Shawn Hill. Although Hill has never had a chance to prove himself, so he may be good.

:lol:

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Three quarterbacks are brought in to work out today

Let's not worry about the #3 QB or who could start if we lose Brad. Right now he's healthy and Hill is the backup. Let's just continue to support the QB's we have and support our team as a whole. After all, a win Sunday will keep us in the hunt for the division title.

I know that things look bad, and they are, but the Vikes are not out of it yet.

SKOL!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'm not worried about it yet. Brad knows how to get rid of a ball quickley.

Even if the Vikes signed a QB before this weekend, I don't think he'd have gotten to play even if BJ & Hill went down.

He'd still have to learn the playbook 1st.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "Fason, whose appearances have been limited to special teams, is expected to be the Vikings' short-yardage running back against the Lions; veteran Moe Williams missed a second consecutive day of practice because of muscle spasms in his back and a sore knee. "

FINALLY! i've been dying to see this kid hit the field. I for one love and want reggie bush on this team, but I'm so gol 'darnit curious to see what fason can do!
    I've always thought that Ciatrick Fason was a weird name. On the bright side, it is a step up from his birth name, Killpatrick Face-off.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:

Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

"Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:

Hey! That gives me an idea! We could get that Coke machine to help us on the O-Line, just like the Patriots!

"Starting at right guard for the Vikings, Coke Machine! Screw you, Pepsi! You suck!"
    I wonder what his 40 is? :lol:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    [img]http//www.dartmouth.edu/~dcmb/images/directorate/coke.jpg[/img]

lol

I wonder what his 40 is? lol
    I don't know. They timed his 40 in the combine, and...

...they're still timing him. :lol:

But he'd do a better job of blocking than Mike Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, and Adam Goldberg put together. He may be raw, untrained, & lacking a brain, but you can't coach size, and that's exactly what he's got. He'd be great at cut-blocking if we pushed him on his side on every play and picked him back up again. It'd give those three guys something to do.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesfan
    [img]http//www.dartmouth.edu/~dcmb/images/directorate/coke.jpg[/img]

lol

I wonder what his 40 is? lol
    I don't know. They timed his 40 in the combine, and...

...they're still timing him. :lol:

But he'd do a better job of blocking than Mike Rosenthal, Marcus Johnson, and Adam Goldberg put together. He may be raw, untrained, & lacking a brain, but you can't coach size, and that's exactly what he's got. He'd be great at cut-blocking if we pushed him on his side on every play and picked him back up again. It'd give those three guys something to do.
    what would happen if we got a first down? We would have to get the entire team to pick him up and move him to the next spot.. And what about pulling guards? that may be a problem. :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast