Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Thoughts while rewatching the Browns game.

Rewatching the game on TiVo tonight. I love to watch it again, because I see things I didnt see the first time, and see things I saw the first time, but forgot about because of the heat of the moment on game day and the drama of the next play.

Here are a few things that I have noticed in watching the first half again tonight:

The deflected INT that Winfield made in the 2nd quarter was thrown well to Braylon Edwards. It was an easily catchable ball hit him right in the hands, but went right through them and floated right to AW. I also recall him dropping a couple of other balls you should catch during the game. Man this is the guy that lots of people thought we should package both of our 1st rounders last year to move up to pick this guy. Everyone that is getting down of Troy right now needs to just step back and chill a little bit. Anyone on here want to trade Troy and Erasmus for either Braylon or Mike Williams right now. You gotta be kidding me. I am very pleased with our two first rounders.

The deflected INT that was thrown at Koren and picked off by the Browns DB in the 2nd quarter I think might have hit the ground and not been a pick. It was close considering the announcers didnt even mention anything. We barely got to see any replay of it because they went to commercial break and when they came back they went right to the next play. Minn never challenged it, but it didnt matter because we forced the fumble on the next play and got the ball back probably quicker than we would of had we waited for the challenge to be decided.

Our DBs have been really laying some hits on opposing WRs and backs, I love the swaggar that we are starting to develop back there. I am looking forward to getting Smoots coverage skills back in the lineup, but I hope he doesnt dilute/alter that hitters mentality we have been exhibiting out there on the field.

More thoughts as they come to me as I watch....

ps Having said that Braylon made a good hard fought run for a couple extra yards after the catch on the first series of the 2nd half even as I type.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Thoughts while rewatching the Browns game.

I heard that our defense has moved up to 15th overall just in the last 4 weeks! Go D!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I heard that our defense has moved up to 15th overall just in the last 4 weeks! Go D!!!
    i think that was our run defense... either way we are starting to see a little of what we expected earlier in the year. I just wish we had a healthy udeze and offord making some big hits too

....More

On the sack on BJ late in the 3rd Qt, Mewelde just got blown up by Orpheas (?sp) Roye trying to pick him up with a block. MeMo just bouncedd off him like a little bug and Roye sacked BJ. I am sure when the team is breaking down film, this isnt going to endear MeMo anymore to Tice. He hates that lack of blocking skills thing.

Lets hope this doesnt land MeMo in Tice's doghouse again....

Del Rio Guest

He's not a good blocker. Tice knows it he's called him on it before.
    As long as he holds onto the ball and gives it all he has I doubt he will get in trouble.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Nice breakdown Turbz.. I wish I could do that.. Yah MM should be fine.. He is known as a liability in pass blocking

Schleppy is offline Starter

We have actually drop a spot on the defensive rankings. Before the win streak, our D was 27th and now we are 28th. Its the turnovers that has helped our d and run defense with big Pat.....

...Brian Russel had a nice game for the Browns. Strange to see him in something other than purple.

I like the little video snippets they did with Brad Johnson talking about keys for the Vikes offense while the lineups were shown, and Brian Russel talking about keys for the Browns D while their lineup was shown.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

No way.. We are at 28th? We haven't been giving up that many yards.. Dilfer only had like 200 and Favre didn't have that much either.. I'll take your word on it though man

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The main reason our ranking is so low is because we had 4 games at the beginning of the year that were just flat out terrible. Even if we rank #1 for the last five weeks, we still may not break the top 10.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast