Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on Pepper Trade...

I just wonder what could have happened if we had not drafted Culpepper at all and kept either johnson or gannon. Both of whom I feel are better leaders than culp. They could have drafted better defensive players who could have given us better field position for moss to work with and had a stronger overall team.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    pep was traded? WTF!?
    hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...
    I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.
    thanks... glad to see someone understands where I am coming from. :grin:

Anyway... about the FO thing... you guys will know better than me, so I ask... did the FO promise Pep that they would reevaluate his contract? or what was the whole situation with that? Was he really demanding more money?
    He just wanted out...so he demanded more money. Look at what he did when he got to the Fins...renegotiated his contract...that says it ALL!

I am still a fan of his (and Saban too), so I will wish him well (except when he plays us)...BUT us Vikings fans are mostly ready to just move on...so discussing him is pretty much a moot point here. We will be just fine with Brad running the WCO...and we will probably draft his long term replacement either this year or next...we were in the same situation before we drafted Pep, so I don't see much of a problem in us finding the next franchise QB. It just may take a year or two...but in the meantime, we have a veteran QB who will make few mistakes and will put his teammates in position to win games. We will be fine.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Heres a ton of thoughts:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20003

I think some are just glad it is over and we can move on.
    thanks for the link... and ya I am sure a bunch of you are glad to move on.

Are you guys satisfied with the compensation? I mean, coming off that knee injury a mid-2nd rounder is a pretty nice pick...
    You guys got a steal.

DC is already running.

He plans on being back to participate in training camp.

We should have rcvd your 2nd round this year and a conditional pick next year. You will have many thrilling moments from DC, enjoy.

BTW, my opinion is in the minority around here. Most of the vocal posters here are happy with the trade, saying that we got Peps trade value out of the deal.

When Moss commands a player and a first round pick, I say this was a steal. They are on the same level, you guys are lucky DC was hurt, like I said, it was a steal.

It was like buying a car that has a known engine problem. The owner wants to sell it cause he can't fix it himself, therefore sells it at a discount. The Phins got a nice sports car with low mile, looks good, all it depends on is how it runs with the engine and body work that has been done. Mularky should be a good mechanic and will get DC back on the track ASAP.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    pep was traded? WTF!?
    hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...
    I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.
    thanks... glad to see someone understands where I am coming from. :grin:

Anyway... about the FO thing... you guys will know better than me, so I ask... did the FO promise Pep that they would reevaluate his contract? or what was the whole situation with that? Was he really demanding more money?
    He just wanted out...so he demanded more money. Look at what he did when he got to the Fins...renegotiated his contract...that says it ALL!

I am still a fan of his (and Saban too), so I will wish him well (except when he plays us)...BUT us Vikings fans are mostly ready to just move on...so discussing him is pretty much a moot point here. We will be just fine with Brad running the WCO...and we will probably draft his long term replacement either this year or next...we were in the same situation before we drafted Pep, so I don't see much of a problem in us finding the next franchise QB. It just may take a year or two...but in the meantime, we have a veteran QB who will make few mistakes and will put his teammates in position to win games. We will be fine.
    Hey Cajun, why did DC say that he would work with the VIKES about restructuring his contract, this was after the firing of his agent?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Pepp was here, now he is not.. I hope the best for him in Miami, but really don't think his attitude or his ego will ever change.. Miami needs a QB that they can rely on since Marino left.. I hate to say it, but Culpepper is no Marino, and he is not a leader. You Fins fans will find that out sooner or later. Good luck though..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    you guys got, who i feel is the best QB in the league. He played bad last year behind a bad o-line but watch him bounce back and have an all pro season for you guys.
    And then tanked...big time!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...
    #8 was the number he had when he first got to Minnesota before changing it to #11. I bought one of the first NFL authentic game balls he signed after the draft & it has the #8 on it. It was my first piece I bought in my vast collection of Vikings memorabillia.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...
    #8 was the number he had when he first got to Minnesota before changing it to #11. I bought one of the first NFL authentic game balls he signed after the draft & it has the #8 on it. It was my first piece I bought in my vast collection of Vikings memorabillia.
    He was also number 12, I think it was only his rookie season though.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:

He was also number 12, I think it was only his rookie season though.
    You are correct SIA. #12 was the first number he wore on his jersey after we drafted him. I had forgotten about that one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Hey dolhpins you guys got a great trade.. He is gonna help your team alot.. You dont have to put up with Gus ferot anymore! hahahahaaahha

Yes they did! Pep is a stud beast guy who runs on defenses like a white guy runing from the kkk! hahaaa :smile:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast