Thread: THoughts

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

THoughts

Well, I figured I'd give it some time to let the hurt settle in.

First of all, I thought you got beat last night by a good team.

I really thought with Moss's problems and such, you guys would end up beating yourselves, but to be honest, you really played a decent game. Fun game to watch, if nothing else.

If anyone hurt you, it was, once again, your coaching. The clock management and just ADD-like decisions probably didn't do you in, but it sure didn't help.

My caveat: If you don't fumble the first play for 28 yards, you would have won the game. I know that puts a lot of blame on Birk/Culpepper, but that gave immediate momentum to the Colts and you didn't even really play a down yet. It was obvious you couldn't find any stride until the punt return, which brought the teams back to even, momentum-wise.

I'm actually more nervous about next week now. I beleived that you guys would lose one of the next two games. While it obviously helps us that you lost, I would have been helped us a lot if you won an ugly game instead of feeling you're in a must-win situation.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: THoughts

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    My caveat: If you don't fumble the first play for 28 yards, you would have won the game. I know that puts a lot of blame on Birk/Culpepper, but that gave immediate momentum to the Colts and you didn't even really play a down yet. It was obvious you couldn't find any stride until the punt return, which brought the teams back to even, momentum-wise.

I'm actually more nervous about next week now. I beleived that you guys would lose one of the next two games. While it obviously helps us that you lost, I would have been helped us a lot if you won an ugly game instead of feeling you're in a must-win situation.
    You are totally right about the fumble. It set the tone. We beat ourselves down right out of the gate. This week Birk and last week Moore. Birk did admit that it was his fault on the sideline by the way. We lost the T.O. battle a second week in a row. All the games we lost we have lost the T.O. battle in all of our losses.

Talk about someones Psyche being hurt.

LOS, I hope for our sake that we score first in the Packers game. We atleast need to score on our first possession to get our confidence back. You guys can score first but just let us score on our first possession. That is our achilles heal. We need to score first.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

THoughts

I also believe its tough that the Vikes can't score a Touchdown in the first quarter. They played exceptionally well against the Colts, better than the Packers did. Although its tough to decide who played better in a loss. Next week is gonna be huge. If the Vikes win, they would instantly regain a ton of momentum, however if they lose, you gotta wonder if they start thinking about what happened last year.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

THoughts

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    I also believe its tough that the Vikes can't score a Touchdown in the first quarter. They played exceptionally well against the Colts, better than the Packers did. Although its tough to decide who played better in a loss. Next week is gonna be huge. If the Vikes win, they would instantly regain a ton of momentum, however if they lose, you gotta wonder if they start thinking about what happened last year.
    Last year is what has us "the fans" worried about. In the back of our minds it looms large?????? Not all of us will admit it.

I haven't given up, just honest.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

THoughts

i admit it i am scared of collapse but to see how we played last night really suprised me. I am still upset because a hard fought loss is well a loss either way but that was a much more solid play when down 14 and fighting then i have seen in 3 years from this team so i am still confident that we will make the playoffs and win the central. Dare i say "we control our fate" so we just need to go out and act like it. Do you all think we would have won w/ moss playing, i do but who knows.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

vikesfan is offline Starter

THoughts

Snowinapril, you said we lost the turnover battle, and I think I read the same thing somewhere else as well, but where was our turnover? I don't remember it. I know Daunte didn't throw an INT and I don't remember any fumbles that were lost, unless it was on the squib kick on the very last play of the game.

THoughts

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Snowinapril, you said we lost the turnover battle, and I think I read the same thing somewhere else as well, but where was our turnover? I don't remember it. I know Daunte didn't throw an INT and I don't remember any fumbles that were lost, unless it was on the squib kick on the very last play of the game.
    Opening fumble, Birk didn't get the ball into DC hands. I tried to forget about it too.

FUM LOST REC YDS
    M. Birk 1 0 0 -8
    S. Johnson 1 1 0 0
    B. McKinnie 0 0 1 0