Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A thought on Randy

I have been thinking about this whole Randy Moss trade thing, and it made me think about some things. One thing that came to mind is that Randy might not want to play with the Vikings. If he were to go to another team, he would probably have the best season of his career if that team had a decent QB. Granted, he has been injured practically this whole season, but I also think that some of his lack of effort at times/bad attitudes stem from a poor relationship with Culpepper. I think they have both been battling for the spotlight since Daunte came here. I also think that, at times, Moss has a " Ill screw Daunte over" attitude. I also know that Moss wants to win a Championship and I dont think he believes that he can accomplish that under the coaching of Mike Tice and the ownership of Red McCombs. I love Randy, but I think a trade might be a good thing if : A) My assumptions are true to a good extent and B) If the offer is good enough to improve our chances of winning.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

A thought on Randy

I mean, yes Randy is the best WR in the game..but if he doesnt want to play for our team, then there is no sense of keeping someone out there that doesnt have faith in winning

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

What Is Randy Moss Worth?

If the Vikings decide to trade Moss, and it's a big IF, what is his real value?

IMO, no player straight up is his equal.
    But what if we were offered two players, both elite status.
    Both on defense.

Or, a player and a #1 pick? A top 5 #1 pick?

Or, two #1 picks.

Or, three defensive starters,

Or, what do you think?

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

A thought on Randy

All this talk about trading Moss and what is he worth is driving me crazy. We have 30 million in cap money. We don't need to trade him for anything. We could just go out and buy what we need and keep Moss. All that requires is a new owner that wants to win the Super Bowl instead of making money by selling the team for a profit. :P

WWBGD

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

A thought on Randy

"RK" wrote:
    All this talk about trading Moss and what is he worth is driving me crazy. We have 30 million in cap money. We don't need to trade him for anything. We could just go out and buy what we need and keep Moss. All that requires is a new owner that wants to win the Super Bowl instead of making money by selling the team for a profit. :P

Dude, according to his friend, he wants to leave too, so we better start getting serious about it.

Moss is worth a 1st and 2 good players. Miami was offering that last offseason and there have been some other rumored trade offers similar to that. I am hoping the washington rumor is indeed true. You know daniel snider would be willing to overpay and make a blockbuster deal. I say arington, smoot and their 1st.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

A thought on Randy

One problem with his friend saying moss wants to leave is, it could make teams offer less, knowing that we will more than likely have to trade him, if he does want to leave.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

A thought on Randy

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/10695548.htm

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20050120-121120-1413r.htm

Here's a couple of articles about the trade rumours. Personally I don't want to see Moss go anywhere, but a deal with Washington would definitely be something they would have to look at. In the article it says a trade for Arrington and their round 1 and 2 picks. I don't think that will be enougn for them to get Moss. I think maybe Arrington, Smoot, a Round 1 pick and a Round 3 or 4 pick and then it would be worth considering. But even if that deal were possible I still would prefer to see Moss playing for the Vikings next season.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

A thought on Randy

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/10695548.htm

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20050120-121120-1413r.htm

Here's a couple of articles about the trade rumours. Personally I don't want to see Moss go anywhere, but a deal with Washington would definitely be something they would have to look at. In the article it says a trade for Arrington and their round 1 and 2 picks. I don't think that will be enougn for them to get Moss. I think maybe Arrington, Smoot, a Round 1 pick and a Round 3 or 4 pick and then it would be worth considering. But even if that deal were possible I still would prefer to see Moss playing for the Vikings next season.
    I agree with everything you are saying...Arrington, Smoot and a round 1 and round 3 or 4 pick. PERFECT!

I dont think Arrington and a draft pick or two is worth it. Look what they are getting with ONE player...an offense.

skogs02 is offline Starter

A thought on Randy

arrington has been injured most of the year too

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

A thought on Randy

"skogs02" wrote:
    arrington has been injured most of the year too
    That is exactly why we need a SMOOT :thumbleft:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast