Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

A ? to those of you that think we should fire Tice...

Just who the hell do you think that we're going to get to replace him? There's not many good coaches available... and those who are... do you really honestly think that RED would spend the money to get them? You tell us positive fans to think realistically blah blah f'ity blah... so now YOU think realisitically for a damn change. At the moment Tice is our best option.

Say we fire him... Red brings in someone that doesn't know the team and the players... for damn near minimum wage. Thats gonna get us real far. So for all of you screaming for Mike's head I want REALISTIC alternatives for a head coach.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: A ? to those of you that think we should fire Tice...

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Just who the hell do you think that we're going to get to replace him? There's not many good coaches available... and those who are... do you really honestly think that RED would spend the money to get them? You tell us positive fans to think realistically blah blah f'ity blah... so now YOU think realisitically for a damn change. At the moment Tice is our best option.

Say we fire him... Red brings in someone that doesn't know the team and the players... for damn near minimum wage. Thats gonna get us real far. So for all of you screaming for Mike's head I want REALISTIC alternatives for a head coach.
    Theres where we differ.....
    I have said time and time again that as long as Red is the owner, he will always go with the cheap. And Tice is the cheap. If Red still owns the team next year, Tice will be offered at least the one year option. If Tice decides to go, look for the OC to get the nod for the cheap.

Red needs to sell the team to someone commited to winning.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

I don't see where our opinions differ there.... but OK

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

TNT I did nominate you for the job. Tice sucks he has done nothing in 2 yrs to show that he is correcting his mistakes. Saben was a thought but he just committed to the Dolphins but I am sure there are many co-ordinators out there that would love a shot at the job and I might mention Tice was never one so they could be better quaified for the job.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

OK... but do you think they would come in for peanuts??

I did read an artile that Red did offer the job with big bucks to another coach but he choose to go elsewere. So yes there is a possibility he might pay for a good coach. That article was posted here in this forum I do believe.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Fair enough... I stand corrected. It won't sway my opinion though... I do think that Tice is our best bet... but you're more then welcome to think differently!

Also for the record I did start screaming for Tice's head after the last game of last season. So I am sticking to my guns.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that we should just all agree that if Red can't find someone who can win us the Super Bowl NEXT YEAR, we should just stick with Tice...as far as his three-year plan goes, he is really just one year off. Nothing first year, just misses playoffs second year, makes playoffs third year (unless by some quirk of fate they don't make it this year) and NEXT YEAR we make the Super Bowl run. So again, unless Red can bring in a coach that will work for what Red is offering AND that can bring us a Super Bowl title, Tice is probably the best option. I know that I am assuming alot (or assu-ing, for those that would prefer that I be the only ass made out of), but it is a possibility that Tice is just a year off on his plan. I do like Tice and hope that he is the one to lead us to the title, but if another coach exists that is a realistic possibility to be a one-year wonder (like Gruden), continuity may be the best option for our team for now. It is really a situation of the fans being in between a rock and a hard place...damned if we do and damned if we don't. All I know is that I will be rooting for the Vikings no matter who is the coach!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I too have been hard on Tice at times. But seriously, we have waited too long to get rid of him. All the good choices are gone.

Red will extend him for PEANUTS and if a Parcells or a Holmgren come up after the season, Red can still give Tice the bag of peanuts and tell him to go feed the elephants at the zoo.

But until someone that Red would have confidence in rears his ugly head, we are best if we go with Tice. I agree with you on that TNT. The trannsisition for another coach we would have to groom would take too long.

Tice has got to get these guys to perform up to their talent level. It is too tasking on the emotions to watch them like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast