Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: To those Viking fans breaking their ankles...

bennett is a 2nd down back when you need a change up of speed...nothing more. he is also useful for screen passes.

been a fan since 92...coomba-frickin-ya! will everyone just relax.

two things will happen next week:

the vikes win and we start to forget about this lousy game or the vikes lose and we listen to more of " my fan is bigger than yours" .

for those who have fans that hung like a mouse, don't jump ship yet. vikes seasons are always full of ups and downs.

Prophet Guest

I"m 43 years old and have been in better shape. I could have outdone Bennett's performance yesterday...6 carries for -1 yards? Come on now.

There are so many things to critique from my lazyboy that I don't know where to start. I think I'll just congratulate Chucky and wait for the game next week.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I am in no way blaming Bennett for the loss. Most people here are stating he had no holes. All I could see is what I saw on tv. I will agree the OL looks as though they have no blocking scheme what-so-ever. However, I did see holes or openings from the tv picture that Bennett failed to see. That is my gripe with him. He doesn't know how to adjust well.

Everybody else running the ball had more yards than Bennett. Did anyone else have more than 6 carries? I don't know because I haven't looked at the stats. Same OL blocking for them. He did make a nice run on the screen pass. That's the play I like to see Bennett run. I think he is good coming out of the backfield. However, he is no better than anyone else on the team is. Even though Moe fumbled once, I think he is a better overall RB than Bennett. He knows the game better. He shows more technical skills than Bennett. When he starts he is consistent. The only thing Bennett has been consistent with is getting stopped in the backfield and getting hurt. Just an observation folks. We can keep bashing him or praising him all we want. Until Tice realizes that he is no better than your average back (if that) we will be having this conversation alot.

Del Rio, I don't think having 6 rushes justifies him having a good or a bad game. All I know is what I saw in the past and yesterday. He doesn't impress me. You stated how can I blame Bennett and not Pep. I did blame Pep. The only thing I justified was Pep's good far outweighs his bad. Can't say that for Bennett.

Overall I am positive about the Vikings' season. Their defense played well for the most part. I know the offense will pick it up. The main improvement has to be on the OL. Pep needs time to throw and we need to establish the running game.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    I am in no way blaming Bennett for the loss. Most people here are stating he had no holes. All I could see is what I saw on tv. I will agree the OL looks as though they have no blocking scheme what-so-ever. However, I did see holes or openings from the tv picture that Bennett failed to see. That is my gripe with him. He doesn't know how to adjust well.

Everybody else running the ball had more yards than Bennett. Did anyone else have more than 6 carries? I don't know because I haven't looked at the stats. Same OL blocking for them. He did make a nice run on the screen pass. That's the play I like to see Bennett run. I think he is good coming out of the backfield. However, he is no better than anyone else on the team is. Even though Moe fumbled once, I think he is a better overall RB than Bennett. He knows the game better. He shows more technical skills than Bennett. When he starts he is consistent. The only thing Bennett has been consistent with is getting stopped in the backfield and getting hurt. Just an observation folks. We can keep bashing him or praising him all we want. Until Tice realizes that he is no better than your average back (if that) we will be having this conversation alot.

Del Rio, I don't think having 6 rushes justifies him having a good or a bad game. All I know is what I saw in the past and yesterday. He doesn't impress me. You stated how can I blame Bennett and not Pep. I did blame Pep. The only thing I justified was Pep's good far outweighs his bad. Can't say that for Bennett.

Overall I am positive about the Vikings' season. Their defense played well for the most part. I know the offense will pick it up. The main improvement has to be on the OL. Pep needs time to throw and we need to establish the running game.
    Nobody on our whole offense impressed anybody yesterday. So why are you pointing out Bennett? Are you going to start three more threads about how Kleinsasser, Burleson, and Williamson didn't impress either? It just seems weird that you are criticizing Bennet but nobody else.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think it was stupid for people to boo at yesterdays game. Ya we're down and out lets boo...that'll get us goin again...tards

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

First, I didn't start this thread. I'm not going to criticize Burly, Williamson, or Kleinsasser. I have nothing to criticize them for. I picked out Bennett for the simple fact he had 6 rushes for -1 yards. I saw holes that I thought he may be able to adjust to but he didn't. Other backs seem to find the holes that he can't. This has been the history since Bennett has been on the team. If you noticed I also criticized the OL and Pep. As far as Pep goes, I have confidence he will step it up. The OL I'm not so sure. As far as Bennett, he has done nothing in his past to give me the confidence he will step up his play. Is that so wrong? Think about it. That is why I single out Bennett. Let me state again, I'm not blaming Bennett for the Vikings losing this game. Does everyone understand the difference between critiquing and blaming for the loss. The loss, I blame on the poorish blocking of the OL. Pep, I blame for being off target on a few passes. Part of that is because of the OL. However, there were plays he had time to throw and threw behind or in front of receivers. He will adjust and overcome that. Bennett doesn't see holes. Not that there were a lot of holes but I did see openings. I don't know how else to stress I'm not putting the blame on Bennett. I am just stating what I observed.

I get a lot of feedback when I critique Bennett but nobody has given me anything on why I shouldn't. You just question why I do it. I do it because that is what I observe. Not that I don't like Bennett. I think he is a nice guy and tries to do the right things. Unfortunately, in football, being a nice guy doesn't mean you are good. The only talent he has proven to me is he is fast. He also does decent on screens and doesn't fumble alot. I stress decent. He hasn't proven to me he is a premier RB or an every down back. If you can give me something to go on besides 3 long runs 3 years ago, one good game he had last year against GB, and 1 play from yesterday, I will leave him alone. Until then, I have my opinion and I stand by it.

I did look at the stats and he still averaged less than everyone else on receptions. The one thing he didn't do is fumble. Moe didn't have a great game either stat wise but his 6 carries for 15 yeards is much better than 6 carries for -1.

Does anyone else want to question me on my opinion of Bennett? I have no problem justifying it. Just please bring something to the table we can debate. Remember, yesterday's game is not the whole reason I critique Bennett like I do. Does anyone agree with me on this or am I the only one? Maybe it's me being to critical.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I think it was stupid for people to boo at yesterdays game. Ya we're down and out lets boo...that'll get us goin again...tards
    When will you knock off the name calling? I already offered you a last chance to knock it off, come on now!!

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I,m old school shock.Old enough to be reminded of Gary Cuozzo yesterday.If I got that NFL,s imortals name spelled right.But I,m not worrying at all.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567