Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    "TheVike1" wrote:
    Again didn t mean too offend and suggest this to EVERY loyal Vikes fqan such as I and thanks for the support of the team and the NOISE...
    I ll prob never get to the Dome to seee em at home as it would be a dream come truw for me!!!!!
    Sorry for just making a point opinion!
    I am as die hard as they come 40 plus years and will to the death!
    It's ok dude. Where do you live?

  2. #22
    TheVike1's Avatar
    TheVike1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    117

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    in the mtns of western NC Franklin NC
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

  3. #23
    monsoonviking is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    I think the announcers were correct when they assessed that the fans weren't sure what to expect from the Vikings and that's why they were reserved.
    I will take it one step further.
    I have been a Vikings fan for over 25 years and I believe the fans were apprehensive because we have been LET DOWN SO MANY TIMES by this franchise.
    We have a history of heartbreak and that leads to having your guard up.
    The Cardinals game was classic Vikings and so was the Falcon's game on the flip side.
    The Vikes will go into somewhere like AZ and beats the Cardinals when no one expects them to after playing crappy against the Lions the week previous and then have a great victory.
    Aaaaah...but that just sets us up for the fall...AGAIN!!!!
    We get the usual delusions of grandeur and develop dementia about our past defeats and spend the week prior with aspirations of a 2nd seed and 1st round bye and then.....4 turnovers later, we are back to the laughable chokers we are know to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My only hope is that someday (like the Red Sox and Broncos) we will break through that perceived impenetrable wall and become real champions but until then......I will resist the delusions and dementia and remain apprehensive with the attitude of "I'll belieive it when I see it"!!

  4. #24
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    At the start of the game in between plays it sounded eerily quiet in the dome. The crowd would make lots of noise right before the snap but other than that it sounded a lot like the game in Detroit. Dead silence from the crowd, like everyone was just waiting in anticipation.


    I know the weather is to blame but it will be key to have our real home field advantage next weekend. We have one of the loudest venues in the league, hope it's back to normal for what should be a playoff atmosphere.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

    Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    I think that if we hadn't fumbled seven times we would have been louder.
    Also, they drove down the so effortlessly on the first drive that it was demoralizing.
    Then we go down the field and score, stop them, muff a punt.
    There just weren't any long stretches where we were playing well.

  7. #27
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    At the start of the game in between plays it sounded eerily quiet in the dome. The crowd would make lots of noise right before the snap but other than that it sounded a lot like the game in Detroit. Dead silence from the crowd, like everyone was just waiting in anticipation.
    That's exactly what happened.
    The crowd gets revved up to throw off the snap count... but they don't realize that they needed to get fired up about 5 seconds earlier when the QB is trying to call the plays from the line, so the receivers can't hear the call... It's just so different when they're in no-huddle.
    We need to adapt to the circumstances.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    "Randy" wrote:
    I think that if we hadn't fumbled seven times we would have been louder.
    Also, they drove down the so effortlessly on the first drive that it was demoralizing.
    Then we go down the field and score, stop them, muff a punt.
    There just weren't any long stretches where we were playing well.
    Yea, the long drive for a scoring TD has been what I anticipate seeing after half time, not at the beginning.
    Something that has drove me crazy over this defense this year and why I question Leslie at times........

    That one against the Colts just killed us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

    Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
    ;D
    I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

    Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
    ;D
    I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!
    Its what makes MN so great (overall).......Minnesota Nice.

    Problem is, its not conduscive to growing 100% attendance of rabid fans like you see in some other stadiums.
    As I said in another thread (could have been this one), can you imagine what the dome would sound like with the Seachickens fans in there????
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Man was stabbed over loud sex.
    By gregair13 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
  2. Loud guy on KFAN
    By funkyasflea in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. Heavier, humbled Smoot still loud, still proud
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
  4. Heavier, humbled Smoot still loud, still proud
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 02:25 AM
  5. Loud Metrodome
    By whiteviking24 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 01:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •