Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Those going to the game please be loud and proud

Numerous times during the Falcons game last weekend the broadcast crew commented on how quiet the crowd was. This was early in the game too before all the fumbles and ugliness.

They mentioned how much the crowd noise benefeits our defense and were shocked how quiet it was

The Falcons did utilise the no huddle offense well. Fans cant make noise non stop

I just hope those attending the Giants game help maintain our homefield advantage frustrating the Giants O.
    Making Eli running around screaming resulting in numerous turnovers and Eli demonstrating his trademark mope when things are not going his way

Lets go vikes!!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Those going to the game please be loud and proud

Please come to the game if you think we failed.

People arrived late due to the weather and I am thinking less alcohol was consumed due to the conditions outside. Not a great ride home.

Other than that it was very loud.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I didn't think it was any less loud than normal. I got the feeling that there were more empty seats than usual, probably do to the poor weather. Also we are only loud when the vikings are on defense, maybe the announcer didn't get that aspect and noticed the crowd was quiet while the vikings were on defense, that is just a sign of an intelligent crowd. Definetly times during the game(like every defensive 3rd down) where the fans were extremely loud. Also we were getting repeatedly warned about pounding on the fence(we've been warned at every game, once though security came back and said we could pound on it ???)
    so we didn't make quite as much noise.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I didn't think it was any less loud than normal. I got the feeling that there were more empty seats than usual, probably do to the poor weather. Also we are only loud when the vikings are on defense, maybe the announcer didn't get that aspect and noticed the crowd was quiet while the vikings were on defense, that is just a sign of an intelligent crowd. Definetly times during the game(like every defensive 3rd down) where the fans were extremely loud. Also we were getting repeatedly warned about pounding on the fence(we've been warned at every game, once though security came back and said we could pound on it ???)
    He was saying it when they were on defense. He even mentioned that JA (& the camera zoomed in on him) was trying to fire the crowd up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

See my reply in Giants tailgate thread and I am not implyinig we as a fan base and you folks are were not at all "unintelligent"!
    ON the contrary and I know you/we are bUT still it was pretty obvious from the TV spectataors viewpoint and I have seen 1000's of TV games this was the quietest worse crowd I had ever witnessed YOU guys MUST give us the 12th man next Sunday as much and as loud as possible!
    Eli will get rattled by it!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    He was saying it when they were on defense. He even mentioned that JA (& the camera zoomed in on him) was trying to fire the crowd up.
    Allen always tries to get the crowd fired up. I blame the whole fiasco on those that chose not to tailgate. That is where the fans rally and get fired up before a game. Of course the worst offenders were the ones that didn't even show up, speaking of which, I didn't see you there?
    Didn't see what the announcer said but I was there and I can tell you for certain that it was very loud most of the game, especially on 3rd downs. Maybe not as loud as it was when the Packers or Bears were here, but it was definetly louder than when the Vikings played in Lamblow or in Tennessee.

Jilly is offline Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    Please come to the game if you think we failed.

People arrived late due to the weather and I am thinking less alcohol was consumed due to the conditions outside. Not a great ride home.

Other than that it was very loud.
    Ok then, the thread title should be changed to "Get there early and drink large amounts of alcohol"...then get loud!!

I 3as ther at that cold X mas game in Baltimore couple years ago with huge playoff implications in the cold raqin and we got freakin beat and knocked out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Skol from Aberdeen!

Jilly is offline Coach

"TheVike1" wrote:
    I 3as ther at that cold X mas game in Baltimore couple years ago with huge playoff implications in the cold raqin and we got freakin beat and knocked out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Skol from Aberdeen!
    I was at that game. I live down in Odenton/Fort Meade area.

we really s tunk that end of the year one up again like we have what five six out of the last seven end of the years games to get keep us outta the playoff huh?
    Just like I was at RFK when Moss walked off the filed after we gave taht one up too!!!
    Oh the misery

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast