Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    [size=13pt]Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings[/size]

    Posted by: Eric Krupka on October 1, 2007 12:44 AM
    realfootball365.com


    The mystery the Minnesota Vikings' offense can't seem to solve........


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    Play-calling is what I've been screaming since last year. For example: 3rd and 2 on our 41 yard line, handoff to AD first down Vikings. Next drive, 3 and 1 "Shotgun", incomplete pass. WHY!!!!!!!!!!! With a two-headed monster behind our QB. Chilli is a phony!!!

    ALL DAY!!!

  3. #3
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    Ok, seriously...

    Its not just third down. Its every down.

    Poor play-calling, a porous offensive line, and a QB that can't (or won't) make a quick decision...

    I think it is our entire offense that is problematic.
    -Sno

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Ok, seriously...

    Its not just third down. Its every down.

    Poor play-calling, a porous offensive line, and a QB that can't (or won't) make a quick decision...

    I think it is our entire offense that is problematic.
    I think the title of this thread should be:

    Downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Ok, seriously...

    Its not just third down. Its every down.

    Poor play-calling, a porous offensive line, and a QB that can't (or won't) make a quick decision...

    I think it is our entire offense that is problematic.
    I think the title of this thread should be:

    Downs continue to be problematic for Vikings
    Football continues to be a problem for the Vikings
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    "C" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Ok, seriously...

    Its not just third down. Its every down.

    Poor play-calling, a porous offensive line, and a QB that can't (or won't) make a quick decision...

    I think it is our entire offense that is problematic.
    I think the title of this thread should be:

    Downs continue to be problematic for Vikings
    Football continues to be a problem for the Vikings
    LMAO!
    Good one!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    138

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    It's beyond a joke to be honest. How can somenoe invovled in football for so long be so dumb?

  8. #8
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    Childress is definetly an idiot. It is either because:

    A. He has a dynamic running duo that can't be stopped, but he chooses scheme over talent.

    or

    B. He has a scheme that requires a good/great QB, but has totally failed at getting one.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #9
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    Someone needs to remind the team that when we have no timeouts left then A) get your butts in gear and move quicker to the huddle/line of scrimmage B) don't run draw plays or dumps passes towards the middle of the field, at least have the receiver near the sidelines so they can step out of bounds - it stops the clock if you do that you know.

    Playcalling isn't the entire problem but it certainly doesn't help at the moment.

    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings

    I think wilf spent to much money on Victor and not enough on the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings the best at 3rd downs...
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
  2. Vikings: Ups and Downs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 12:28 AM
  3. OTAs continue for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:25 PM
  4. Can Vikings Continue Lazarus Act?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •