Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Think Like A Champion....

...if that is what you believe.

I am sort of taken aback at all of the harsh anti-Packer comments today. From the press I've read, the Viking are picked to win the division, the conference, and in many cases, make it to the Super Bowl.

Why the heck are you getting so uptight about the Packers? For cripes sake, you guys won big on Sunday.

If you really are the class of the NFC, you should be worrying about Seattle, St. Louis, and primarily, the Eagles, who I still have pegged as division champs this year, and is your more immediate problem.

I really don't care if you guys rip on the Pack, or Favre, or whatever. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just wonder if you guys are thinking with such focus on the Packers, if you're believing the Vikes are going to be able to go all the way, or if you haven't regarded the upper echelon teams as your peers yet.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Del Rio Guest

Well I personally see the Pack as an upper team as well. And we play them 2 times. So they are a big concern.

Granted the Eagles are a concern at the moment, but I think we were all hoping to have the Pack fall flat on thier faces and they did the exact opposite. Just kind of an eye opener for me.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't care if I get flamed for this.

The Packers are BETTER than the Vikings until proven otherwise - end of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The Pack looked better than I thought they would
    last night. Certainly not someone to look past.
    Of course I think we can beat em twice, but
    I think that every year.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortunately I have to say that they looked better then us last night, but its week one.... When we beat the Eagles next monday THEN I will say that we are for sure the better team!! They have me worried!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Unfortunately I have to say that they looked better then us last night, but its week one.... When we beat the Eagles next monday THEN I will say that we are for sure the better team!! They have me worried!!!

Well, in week 1 last year, the vikes look much better than the pack. I don't think week 1 tells very much. We killed the pack, the pack made the playoffs and we didn't. The bills boot stomped the pats, that pats win the super bowl and the bills are one of the worst teams in the league. Don't take too much from week 1.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Not to take anything away from the Pack, but the way the Panthers played Monday they'll be an 8-8 team at best. Apparently they've dismantled their offensive line. That will make an average Quarterback a bad Quarterback and Steven Davis won't have half the year he had last year. Props to the Pack though, they went on the Road, and exposed the Panthers.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Los - this IS an anti-packer (aka: Packers Suck) sight. It's nothing personal. In the past you've always taken our Packer criticism with a grain of salt, and turn it around on us in a humorous fashion. My point is (and I will wear a hat to cover it) don't take us so seriously... you never have in the past.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The packers played well last night and I give them a lot of credit to go and win that game on the road. But, I don't think they looked better than we did. On offense we moved the ball with ease, only punted twice and pretty much did what we wanted. The packers on the other hand struggled at times. 47 carries for only what 140 yards or so. Passing game wasn't terrific. Offensive line play was good as usual, but they didn't own Carolina, IMO. They got the W and that's all you need, but what really helped were the turnovers in their own part of the field (Carolina that is). Also, Sherman still has no balls kicking a FG on 4th and inches!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

daredevil25 is offline Rookie

LosAngelis, I want to say thank you for beating the Panthers. The Packers still look dangerous and Favre's SB or Bust statement seems to have motivated them. Only a few games last season did the Panthers look completely outmatched stride of stride and the Pack found a way to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast