Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Thin, thin, thin

Marrdro wrote:
    The move was the Vikes cut DB DeAndre Wright from the practice squad. This is probably good news, as I believe Wright was signed as insurance when Winfield went down. This may mean that they think Winfield will be ready to come back this week or next.

Will be interesting to see who they bring up to the 53 man roster to replace EJ. Will it be someone off the PS, or will they sign someone like Derrick Brooks as an insurance policy?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

purplepat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The move was the Vikes cut DB DeAndre Wright from the practice squad. This is probably good news, as I believe Wright was signed as insurance when Winfield went down. This may mean that they think Winfield will be ready to come back this week or next.

Will be interesting to see who they bring up to the 53 man roster to replace EJ. Will it be someone off the PS, or will they sign someone like Derrick Brooks as an insurance policy?
    When I first saw the title, Brooks came instantly to mind.

I wonder though, if he still has the legs to play the middle. There has to be a reason why he was let loose and hasn't landed with any other teams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I wonder though, if he still has the legs to play the middle. There has to be a reason why he was let loose and hasn't landed with any other teams.
    Brooks hasn't played MLB one single second in the NFL.

The Bears have been fucked at LB since Game 1 when Urlacher went down. They've talked to Brooks twice (according to PA) - and still haven't signed him.

Why would the Vikings want him under those circumstances?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

The Bears have been fucked at LB since Game 1 when Urlacher went down. They've talked to Brooks twice (according to PA) - and still haven't signed him.

=Z=
    Again you give some real great details but who the hell cares that he hasn't played MLB. The question was "Can he".

You want another detail to chew on?.......Have you ever watched the LB'rs in a cover 2? Who drops, who blitzes? Who contains?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Again you give some real great details but who the hell cares that he hasn't played MLB. The question was "Can he".

You want another detail to chew on?.......Have you ever watched the LB'rs in a cover 2? Who drops, who blitzes? Who contains?
    MLB is the guy who calls the signals. Since he's NEVER done that, yes, I think it matters.

The most important thing to me is that, with all the injuries NFL teams have had up to this point, NO ONE has signed Brooks. Pretty sure there's a reason for that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

MLB is the guy who calls the signals. Since he's NEVER done that, yes, I think it matters.

The most important thing to me is that, with all the injuries NFL teams have had up to this point, NO ONE has signed Brooks. Pretty sure there's a reason for that.

=Z=
    Again, another great detail but still does not stay with the question.

Anyways, do you really think that he would call the plays? Just like they did with the two street sweepers they brought in last year. It would fall to either Chad or Ben.

I agree with your most important thing.

There has to be a reason why he was let loose and hasn't landed with any other teams.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Maybe the teams calling aren't the ones he would want to play for, The Bears? Can't really argue with him on that one, He's been to like 21 Pro Bowls so theres no question about talent, I'm sure he could figure out the MLB spot, Or they could switch personal around, His knowledge of the game alone would help our young talented group of LB's

Maybe he just likes flapping his gums on ESPN, I'm sure if our 10-2 Vikings give him a serious call-He would at least consider it.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

molineviking wrote:
    Maybe the teams calling aren't the ones he would want to play for, The Bears? Can't really argue with him on that one, He's been to like 21 Pro Bowls so theres no question about talent, I'm sure he could figure out the MLB spot, Or they could switch personal around, His knowledge of the game alone would help our young talented group of LB's

Maybe he just likes flapping his gums on ESPN, I'm sure if our 10-2 Vikings give him a serious call-He would at least consider it.
    My musing (Which Z derailed) about his ability to play the middle was kindof centered around the assumption that the staff would want to keep our Sam and Mike were they were at.

Moving one of those to fill in is in essence weakening two positions instead of just one.

He, as you mentioned, had the talent at one time and is probably the best Cover 2 LB'r to play the scheme so I have no doubt he couldn't come right in and give us some much needed reps.

My biggest concern would be his legs. Could he turn and run with a TE, kindof discussion is what I was going for.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I thought for sure this was a thread about the idiots out ice fishing on an inch of ice. hmy:

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I thought for sure this was a thread about the idiots out ice fishing on an inch of ice. hmy:
    I thought we used the word "Chucklehead" on here instead of "Idiot". :laugh:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast