Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JLDII is offline Rookie

They say the players all like Tice.Is this good?

I don't think it is a bad thing for his players to like him, as long as they also fear him. He can't get caught up in the idea of being liked by his players, thats not what a head coach should worry about. If he just does his job the way they would expect him to, they will be willing to die fighting for him.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Its nice to be a well liked coach when FA comes around. I think he has show that. Plus he's a big guy. when he's mad, players do fear him.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Skyliner" wrote:
    Its nice to be a well liked coach when FA comes around. I think he has show that. Plus he's a big guy. when he's mad, players do fear him.
    I don't think his size intimidates a lot of the players. But, he is huge at 6'8", and that pencil!

But, he would kick the crap outta any other coach!

ElBarto is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Skyliner" wrote:
    I don't think his size intimidates a lot of the players. But, he is huge at 6'8", and that pencil!

It's very funny when you see him berating someone the size of Kelly Campbell :lol:
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

Angryviking is offline Starter

"ElBarto" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Skyliner" wrote:

It's very funny when you see him berating someone the size of Kelly Campbell :lol:
    Yah Campbells all, " oh @#$@ where is my @#$@ hole, i'd stand a better chance out on the field" But i think that the players liking Tice is a good thing so long has he doesn't let any personal reason stand between him and the team's success.
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I think he can be intimidating. he's 6'8" and if you have ever heard him angry, it is bad. When I went to his camp, we were waitng in line for Lance Johnstone's autograph when it got a little out of hand. He started yelling and the whole room went silent. I think it can be that way sometimes at halftime if things aren't doing to well.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

loudog is offline Training Camp

Re: They say the players all like Tice.Is this good?

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    Yep,they say he is a players coach,well liked ,popular,and all that.But the more I think about it all the really winning coaches are hated by the players.At least until they win one or two championships...Even Scotty Bowman of my beloved Red Wings was hated and hell he was the best ever!! Your thoughts?
    I really hated Bowman cause he taught how to cheat with cheap shots, and that kind of crap. Plus I live close to Denver, and I'm an Avs fan. Bowman was a great coach in terms of knowing how to teach, motivate, and win. I was glad to see him stop coaching. Last I heard, he was scouting or something. Tice is definitely the "anti-Bowman." Probably not a good quality for a coach, unless Tice can prove that he can win consistently throughout a whole season.
    What s the use of autonomy when a button does it all?

You know, Tom Coughlin is not well-liked by his players, and although he has won nothing, he is spectacularly overrated by the media.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

ElBarto is offline Starter

It's weird, when watching the ESPN "experts" Tice's closeness to the players only seems to be a problem when we lose games.

They never seem to bring it up when we win.
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

nice point el barto. i think alot of the old ways are out-dated, and old coaches are living proof of that. i think that the idea of a football player has changed drastically, and i think many players dont respond the same way a player did long ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast