Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Vikings: They said it & Who's hot & who's not

Sounds worrying re cook. Hopefully it's just growing pains and he'll be finew by the start of the season

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    Rookie Ryan Cook continues to struggle at right tackle, getting pushed around in a one-on-one blocking drill by rookie defensive end Jayme Mitchell.

I hate to hear that one of our top picks is getting pushed around by a rookie DE.
    But I do like to hear that one of our rookie DE's can push around a top pick... Lets keep the glass half full here :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Fri, Aug. 11, 2006

[size=18px]THEY SAID IT[/size]
    THURSDAY'S HIGHLIGHT

Kicker Ryan Longwell, in his most extensive live action of training camp, had a perfect morning practice.

Longwell kicked a 48-yard field goal to end one two-minute drive and a 39-yarder to cap another. He then went 6 for 6 from various distances and angles during a rapid-fire kicking drill.

Longwell finished with a 49-yard, beat-the-clock effort, making it a 9-for-9 practice for the eighth-most accurate field-goal kicker in NFL history.

WHO'S HOT

Linebacker E.J. Henderson is on his way to retiring this award.

The Vikings' starting weak-side linebacker, whose big hits have been almost a daily occurrence during training camp, showed off his coverage skills with a nifty one-handed interception of a Brad Johnson pass during the seven-on-seven portion of practice.

WHO'S NOT

Rookie quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and the second-team offense didn't fare too well against the second-team defense during the two-minute portion of practice.

Jackson missed a sideline pass to wide receiver Chris Jones to end one possession, was tagged for a sack by cornerback Dustin Fox on another and had a Hail Mary pass to wide receiver Billy McMullen fall harmlessly incomplete in the end zone.

WHO'S HURT

• Wide receiver Koren Robinson was held out of practice to rest his swollen right knee but said he expects to return today and will play Monday night against Oakland.

• Backup center Jason Whittle left practice early because of a rapid heart rate but is not expected to miss any time.

• Running back Ciatrick Fason sat out practice because of a concussion he suffered Wednesday.

• Wide receiver Marcus Robinson was held out after twisting his neck in a handoff drill Wednesday.

• Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie returned to practice with a wrap to protect a partial fracture in his left hand.

• Safety Darren Sharper (hamstring) participated in the full practice.

• Rookie cornerback Charles Gordon (knee) is off crutches and said he hopes to be back in two weeks.

THEY SAID IT

"You know what, there's not a game that I haven't gone out to since I've been coaching that I don't have butterflies involved. And that goes for preseason games."

— Brad Childress, asked if he expects to be nervous for his head-coaching debut Monday night against the Oakland Raiders at the Metrodome.

— Don Seeholzer

THEY SAID IT

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: They said it & Who's hot & who's not: Thur. & Fri. edition

WHO'S HOT

Linebacker E.J. Henderson is on his way to retiring this award.

The Vikings' starting weak-side linebacker, whose big hits have been almost a daily occurrence during training camp, showed off his coverage skills with a nifty one-handed interception of a Brad Johnson pass during the seven-on-seven portion of practice.
    Everything I have seen written about him or video he is either sticking RB's or receivers or intercepting a pass. This is great to see and let's hope that this is not just a training camp hero scenario, and that he is as effective the whole season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Glad to see McKinnie back on the field (figured he would) and I like everything I'm hearing about E.J.He sounds like a monster on the weakside right now...can anyone say breakout year for E.J.?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

After all this hype, if EJ doesn't have a monster season some people on here are going to be hugely disappointed.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I dont like the fact that the"whos hurt" list is far larger than the "whos hot" list..and that only 1 player is on that list as well.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Benet" wrote:
    After all this hype, if EJ doesn't have a monster season some people on here are going to be hugely disappointed.
    speaking of hype..I personally think the Vikes should have signed Rooney as their place kicker..he seems to have a knack for kicking balls..i dunno lol

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

For all you Gordon fans, its seems like his injury was not too serious. I may have missed some news over the past few days, but that sounds promising for him to get back to work.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Benet" wrote:
    It's going to be hard for both EJ and Greenway to have monster seasons at weakside LB. Haven't been paying attention for a while, is EJ getting the nod over Chad as the starting WLB?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast