Thread: THEY SAID IT

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

THEY SAID IT

[size=14pt]THEY SAID IT[/size]

THURSDAY'S HIGHLIGHTS

The final full-pads practice of training camp featured more good catches than usual.

The best belonged to first-year wide receiver Josh Davis, who jumped and reached over cornerback Dustin Fox to snare a Tarvaris Jackson pass in the left corner of the end zone.

Cris Carter would have been proud.

WHO'S HOT

There was no tackling during the morning session, but running back Ciatrick Fason ran over rookie cornerback Cedric Griffin, left,on the sideline after putting a shoulder into him.

As for those other notable receptions, rookie wide receiver Jason Carter reached back to make a pretty, one-handed grab of a Jackson pass, and wide receiver Chris Jones made a diving catch of a Mike McMahon toss.

WHO'S NOT

We can't write the quote, but rookie center/offensive tackle Ryan Cook earned a stern admonishment from coach Brad Childress after one botched play.

Punter Chris Kluwe hit some ugly kicks early but got better as drills went on.

WHO'S HURT

Running back Mewelde Moore missed his second straight day of practice because of a left knee injury and won't play in Saturday's game at Pittsburgh, according to Childress.

Also ruled out were wide receiver Kevin Kasper (high ankle sprain), linebacker Marcus Lawrence (sprained knee ligament) and cornerback Charles Gordon (knee).

Childress hasn't ruled out cornerback Dovonte Edwards, who tried to practice during the morning but left early because of a sprained right ankle and sore knee. Edwards, the Vikings' No. 1 nickel back, said he would be a game-time decision.

THEY SAID IT

"The best part about training camp is when it's over and you get to go home again."

— Center Matt Birk, looking forward to today's getaway day in Mankato.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

Re: THEY SAID IT

MeMo is a "meow".
    Drop his jiggly butt and sign the Titans' mascot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    MeMo is a "meow".
    They need to making tackling with a golf cart legal in NFL games.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"Prophet" wrote:
    MeMo is a "meow".

Thanks Prophet. I needed a laugh this morning ;D
    I.B.O.T. #213

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    MeMo is a "meow".
    LOL...C4 is taking his spot ANYWAY!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

C4 for is DY NO MITEEEEE! But really my boy Ciatrick who was TERRIBLY missused last season under Tice.(Goal line back wtf is that?) We got Ciatrick in the 4th, but alot of scouts said if he had stayed at Florida and played through his senior year, he would have been a first/second
    round pick.Hes got alot of good aspects you want in a RB.I think he'll do pretty good this year, maybe not AMAZING...but solid.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

wow Memo injured, that's a big surprise!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

I love mewelde moore hes a really good 2rd back when hes healthy

fishbelly is offline Waterboy

We'll need a couple players to step up this year. I think the Vikes have alot of untapped talent that could give them the edge they'll need to take the conference. Let's hope the new coach and management can put the polish on and push the team that extra yard. I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!