Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: They just WONT LET IT GO

here's why things won't get let go.

NFL.COM story
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9279193

(March 2, 2006) -- Talks at an extension for the collective-bargaining agreement are back on again, as are talks to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

One NFL team confirmed that the Vikings have begun shopping Culpepper again, ascertaining whether another team would be willing to deal for him.

At this point, it looks as if the Baltimore Ravens won't. The Vikings and Ravens have spoken, but now Baltimore does not seem to have any interest in dealing for Culpepper. Others, however, might.

Daunte Culpepper is working hard, but likely will be in a different uniform next season.
    One of the major reasons the Vikings even will consider dealing Culpepper is his relationship with Minnesota coach Brad Childress. The two have butted heads, and their relationship is off to a strained start that would need some repairing.

The big concern to other teams is Culpepper's knee. However, those close to Culpepper believe he is going to be completely recovered from his knee injury and that the quarterback is rehabbing almost freakishly. Culpepper appears obsessed to return to the form he had in 2004, not 2005, and is doing what he can during his workouts to ensure this. He already is doing footwork drills on land.

If Culpepper can prove to other teams he is healthy, then the chances of a trade will increase. But there should be some resolution to the story by March 17, the date that the quarterback's $6 million roster bonus is due.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wouldnt it REALLY SUCK if we...

"briboy75" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    I think it would be quite funny if we dumped Culpepper and Brad got injured in week 1. Who's Brad's backup? Hill? hahahaha
    you haven't kept up.. vikings probably wont resign hill. they are looking for another qb... probably in the draft.
    No, you haven't kept up. :lol: Hill has already been told he wouldn't be re-signed. They like what they see in J.T. O'Sullivan.

That's our new go-to guy if Brad gets hurt. :shock:

Scary, isn't it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"JDante" wrote:
    Asked if he could definitively say Culpepper was going to be on the Vikings roster in 2006, Wilf told the Star Tribune: "That is our plan, yes. Always was." That quote has been used seen repeatedly over and over again in all articles regarding Daunte but the writers tend to just brush past that and make it seem like some trade is in the works.

"Daunte Culpepper right now is the franchise quarterback," Childress said Friday in the Vikings' Winter Park locker room. "That's how they signed him. He's the guy. We'll just leave it at that." Another quote from within the VIkings triangle of authority saying that Culpepper wont be traded.
    JDaunte, this is why;

Wilf said, "That is our plan." Plans can change.

Childress said, "Daunte Culpepper right now is the franchise quarterback." Right now simply means today. That doesn't mean tomorrow thing can change.

Also as someone mentioned earlier, Childress said "Never say never."

Some teams speculate DC will be cut & aren't talking deal. By the Vikings coming out & making statements that DC will be our QB & they'll pay DC the $6 mil, it makes those teams think that DC won't be cut & it immediately boosts his trade value.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    JDaunte, this is why;

Childress said, "Daunte Culpepper right now is the franchise quarterback." Right now simply means today. That doesn't mean tomorrow thing can change.

Some teams speculate DC will be cut & aren't talking deal. By the Vikings coming out & making statements that DC will be our QB & they'll pay DC the $6 mil, it makes those teams think that DC won't be cut & it immediately boosts his trade value.
    another good example of the Vikes learning lessons and not tipping their hand at this stage as they have done in previous times.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    JDaunte, this is why;

another good example of the Vikes learning lessons and not tipping their hand at this stage as they have done in previous times.
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Plus trying to keep the media at bay.

Not to mention, nobody's presently got the cap room to pay Daunte likes he's been demanding, and the teams that do, might not need a QB, especially one's that rehabilitating while he should be learning the new offense.

I don't think the media was completely off base in their reports. I think Daunte realizes that finding a new home to play might be harder than he thought, and not as lucrative as he thought, so he'd like to keep that out of media.

BUT, I agree that this topic is getting pretty old, but as you can see, I coudn't help but post something on it. Maybe the media's on to something...

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

beacause everybody is always being shopped. that way if another team wants to trade its possible.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Won't even comment on this topic anymore.....Done with it.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wouldnt it REALLY SUCK if we...

"briboy75" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    I think it would be quite funny if we dumped Culpepper and Brad got injured in week 1. Who's Brad's backup? Hill? hahahaha

you haven't kept up.. vikings probably wont resign hill. they are looking for another qb... probably in the draft.
    As of now (if Daunte stays around) they are saying that J.T. O'Sullivan will be the 3rd stringer.

Trade him,don't trade him,trade him,don't trade him..............
    Enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast