Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JDante is offline Rookie

They just WONT LET IT GO

Why does the media consistently say that the Vikings are shopping Culpepper! Okay every single day they posted updates on espn.com on Culpeppers status and it was getting a little anoying. But thats reasonable i can see that trying to get a story and i understand that its there job to inform the people and all that. But it got anoyiner (is that a word?) as the month went on ESPECIALLY since every single update was quoting Zygi Wilf and Daunte Culpepper AND Brad CHildress all saying that they werent shopping him. So okay so time passes and like two weeks later its final hes GONNA get the $6mil bonus in March and they are done talking about it. Hes staying and thats that.

AND NOW, up on nfl.com they talkin about how Pep is tryna get healthy real quick and show off just so he can attract suitors and raise his trade value. But they already confirmed him recieving his contract bonus right?!?!?! Did they run outta stories and decided to bring this one up just because of the CBA deals goin on or what?

Asked if he could definitively say Culpepper was going to be on the Vikings roster in 2006, Wilf told the Star Tribune: "That is our plan, yes. Always was." That quote has been used seen repeatedly over and over again in all articles regarding Daunte but the writers tend to just brush past that and make it seem like some trade is in the works.

"Daunte Culpepper right now is the franchise quarterback," Childress said Friday in the Vikings' Winter Park locker room. "That's how they signed him. He's the guy. We'll just leave it at that." Another quote from within the VIkings triangle of authority saying that Culpepper wont be traded.

"I want to update the fans of Minnesota and the NFL community on my status with the Vikings. Mr. Wilf and I spoke by phone on 2/21/2006, and we each shared our concerns about my present situation," Culpepper wrote. "He told me that the Vikings have not yet spoken to other teams about trading me. I shared my disappointment with the lack of communication and the false reports about me demanding more money coming out of Minnesota. I have requested further talks so that we can explore options for the future." Now does that sound like a guy who is about to be traded?

All im saying is that the these writers continually act as if this whole "Daunte Culpepper trade" thing is a reality, when in fact it is just a story fabricated by the media because they didnt have nothin to do. Why wont they just LET IT GO?
    Yea.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: They just WONT LET IT GO

haha

it may be a little blown out of proportion, but it is a reality. deal with it.

if it was completly falsified by the media, the vikes would have come out and denied it.

did you hear what childress said "never say never."

im not saying it will happen for sure, but the sooner you square with the fact that it could happen- the better off you'll be.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

JDante is offline Rookie

Wouldnt it REALLY SUCK if we...

...trade Culpepper to the raiders or somethin and next year hes at the top of his game and throws for 4500 yards 20 somethin touchdowns again and leaves us just sittin here feelin stupid. Him and Moss laugh all the way to the record books while the Vikings struggle to make playoffs.

(Of course i dont think that Vikes would struggle next year but i just had to say that for an added effect.)

(i dont think well trade him to tha raiders neither but again, the added effect puts it all into context)
    Yea.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Wouldnt it REALLY SUCK if we...

Moss sure laughed all the way to the record books in '05.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I would cry...but it's the Vikings. We've learned to live with pain like that, so I'd just say "keep on keepin on! Eventually we'll get there!"

6-KINGS Guest

Wouldn't it be funny if he went to Raiders and he and Moss broke all the rercords and still never went nowhere in the Playoffs............

No wait that was in Minnesota.............
    And that was not funny.

Prophet Guest

Wouldn't it really be funny if 25 more people signed up at the site tonight and they all started new Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper threads that were exactly the same as about 150 other threads?

I don't think i would mind!!! Hey i had to watch the Draft where the Vikings got passed by 2 or 3 teams because they couldn't come to a decision!!! NOW that would be bad if that happened this year!!! I think i would cry!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Guruzen is offline Starter

I think it would be quite funny if we dumped Culpepper and Brad got injured in week 1. Who's Brad's backup? Hill? hahahaha

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Wouldn't it be funny if he went to Raiders and he and Moss broke all the rercords and still never went nowhere in the Playoffs............

No wait that was in Minnesota.............
    And that was not funny.
    Owned!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast