Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

They can have him!!!!!

I tried making the point that a LB should lead the team in tackles.

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

That's what defense is all about. You hit the nail right on the head. Anyone who argued with you seriously needs to read a book or something.

Go to any NFL stats page, I went to ESPN. Look at 2004 NFL LEADERS IN TACKLES.

Look at the top ten, 9 of them are LB's. Look down the list 80-90% are LB's because that is what is supposed to happen. It's a team game 11 guys relying on each other. Everyone's has their own job but all the jobs rely on each other.

Basic example. Look at Dline, LBers, and Corners.
    The Line needs to get pressure to help the coverage avoid prolonged exposure. BUT the line needs instant support from the coverage to allow them time to get pressure.

The LB's need the Line to maintain thier assignments and gap reposibilities in order to make it easier on thier reads and give a straight line of sight. The DB's NEED the LB's to make tackles so they can focus on thier coverage.

Teams that trust each others ability to do thier job are the ones with the rings. You are talking about plays that last seconds. There is no second guessing. But it never fails someone see's someone get burned and they suck. But hey if they took the time there was probably a reason. That's why they are still around LMAO coaches watch film they see why things happened.

Everything on that side of the ball revolves around LBers EVERYTHING. That is why all the good D's have an outspoken hard working LB. Someone to take charge of that side of the ball. Heck Cotrell screwed the team by having the corners play so far back.

That doesn't give the line time to get pressure, and puts the corners on an island every single play. Makes the LB's scramble like mad just to get somewhere near the play. The safties get stuck in serious cat and mouse and either HAVE to play the run or HAVE to play the pass.

I agree with you Ultra. And this game is so much more complex then anyone gives it credit. Way more goes into it then so and so got burned or so and so doesn't have enough sacks.

Definately playing on our heals last year taking the punches not giving them.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

They can have him!!!!!

I hope that he signs on with the Giants, I want to see him do for them what he did for us the last 3 years.

Nothing!

He was overrated when he came into to the league, he ahd 1 good year and other than that he is a flop.

Sorry if that is harsh, but I had to put up with people making excuses for Hovan for years. I am happy that he is gone! :cheers:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

They can have him!!!!!

At least he did more for us than Jamal Reynolds did for the packers!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

They can have him!!!!!

true dat!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I hope that he signs on with the Giants, I want to see him do for them what he did for us the last 3 years.

Nothing!

He was overrated when he came into to the league, he ahd 1 good year and other than that he is a flop.

Sorry if that is harsh, but I had to put up with people making excuses for Hovan for years. I am happy that he is gone! :cheers:
    i knew a hovan thread would wake wack up lol. how you doing?

snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

They can have him!!!!!

Problem is that russel just misses to many tackles. His job as a safety is to make those tackels. We had alot of big plays against us this last year as a result of him. I still think that chavous will have a pro-bowl caliber year again next year. If you surround anyone with good players, they have to step their game up.

Problem with hovan is he messed around to much in the weight room and got to big. He tries to bench press 320+ guards all the time. Only move he has is the bull rush. What made him effective was getting off the ball so quick. I think if hovan dropped down from 300 to 285 he could rely more on his quickness, and his great strength and can be a good player in this league still.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123