Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

That was insightful,
    lacked mention of an awesome WR in the draft and a crappy over rated LB though.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

They can have him!!!!!

Good luck Hovan, I hope a new set of scenery will prolong your career!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Pirate is offline Training Camp

They can have him!!!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a 10 sack season with them. Especially with the upgrade at LB they have made. And an END that is doubled all the time. Double teams on interior lineman if done correctly create a clump of traffic. A Double team on the outside neutralizes ONE person and ultimately creates space.

Hovan got shafted here. A lot of people were all about him until last year. They loved watching him and rooting for him. Honestly the only thing that dissapointed me about him last year is the way he reacted to the critisizm by the head coach. I don't know if I could play for Gorilla either. He seems like the kind of guy that would love his all stars regardless of what they did and ride the working class to make up for his lack of coaching ability.

Plus he seems even more shady then ever. Any way yeah Hovan is gone spencer Johnson is another "Hovan" hard working blue collar guy. Good move for both clubs.
    Hovan didn't get the shaft here IMO

1) It appeared as though his ostrasization was team wide, not just with Tice.

2) Tice gave him numerous chances (far more than I would have).

3) He wasn't the only player to fall flat last year, Chavous and Russell did not perform up to the level they had the previous year either. Makes me wonder about Cottrell.

4) IF the biggest problem for Hovan was his unwillingness to be 'coached' as was widely reported, then anywhere he goes he will have the same issues unless his attitude changes. (and I truly hope it does)

Bottom line: he couldn't walk his talk.

Too bad too, he is a good player........good luck to Hovan wherever he ends up!
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Winston Churchill

Hooversham is offline Starter

They can have him!!!!!

He got too big and lost mobility and quickness. I liked Hovan. You can't deny that he was a beast, at least for one year. I wish him well wherever he goes.... except when we play his new team.

Weren't he and Jimmy K. lifting partners and roommates? Hope it doens't effect Jimmy K. at all.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

"Pirate" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a 10 sack season with them. Especially with the upgrade at LB they have made. And an END that is doubled all the time. Double teams on interior lineman if done correctly create a clump of traffic. A Double team on the outside neutralizes ONE person and ultimately creates space.

Hovan got shafted here. A lot of people were all about him until last year. They loved watching him and rooting for him. Honestly the only thing that dissapointed me about him last year is the way he reacted to the critisizm by the head coach. I don't know if I could play for Gorilla either. He seems like the kind of guy that would love his all stars regardless of what they did and ride the working class to make up for his lack of coaching ability.

Plus he seems even more shady then ever. Any way yeah Hovan is gone spencer Johnson is another "Hovan" hard working blue collar guy. Good move for both clubs.
    Hovan didn't get the shaft here IMO

1) It appeared as though his ostrasization was team wide, not just with Tice.

2) Tice gave him numerous chances (far more than I would have).

3) He wasn't the only player to fall flat last year, Chavous and Russell did not perform up to the level they had the previous year either. Makes me wonder about Cottrell.

4) IF the biggest problem for Hovan was his unwillingness to be 'coached' as was widely reported, then anywhere he goes he will have the same issues unless his attitude changes. (and I truly hope it does)

Bottom line: he couldn't walk his talk.

Too bad too, he is a good player........good luck to Hovan wherever he ends up!
    I agree with that assessment.

I don't think he couldn't walk his talk I think he couldn't live up to what everyone made him out to be. With a little bit himself. Tice remarked Numerous times he was grading out VERY WELL he was doing his job. They just wanted more. We hammered this bad boy into the ground about a year ago. He did his job, he did it well. He was grading out in the top Tice even said so. But they wanted him to step it up and make up for piss poor LBing.

Just like I am failing to see how Russel and Chavous had bad years when they both were in top 5 on our team for tackles????? Again they were making up for piss poor LBing as well.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

They can have him!!!!!

No, Jimmy K. and Mike Rosenthal were lifting partners, word is they spent alot of time togethor while injured and became buds, which is good considering they line up side-by-side alot.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

They can have him!!!!!

Yes, its not a good thing when your defensive backfield is leading the team in tackles.

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

"jdvike" wrote:
    Yes, its not a good thing when your defensive backfield is leading the team in tackles.
    No doubt.

But the fact that they HAVE to make those tackles means they aren't able to focus on their position at it's fullest. They have one bad year due to IMO learning curve of the LB's and they are labeled ineffective.

Not by you, I'm not pointing fingers but damn this is getting ridiculous.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

They can have him!!!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    No doubt.

But the fact that they HAVE to make those tackles means they aren't able to focus on their position at it's fullest. They have one bad year due to IMO learning curve of the LB's and they are labeled ineffective.

Not by you, I'm not pointing fingers but gol 'darnit this is getting ridiculous.
    Wow, I said that once and got blasted! I agree

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Or shorten it! :lol:

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    No doubt.

Not by you, I'm not pointing fingers but gol 'darnit this is getting ridiculous.
    Wow, I said that once and got blasted! I agree

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Or shorten it! :lol:
    Yeah you get blasted lately for seeing things clearly. Just smack em around a bit and they QQ and leave you alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast