Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

They can have him!!!!!

Chris Hovan will visit the Giants this week, perhaps as early as today. A first-round pick of the Vikings in 2000, Hovan had a strong start to his career, recording 141 tackles and 13 1/2 sacks in his first three seasons.

But his numbers dipped in 2003 and last year he was held to a career-low 1 1/2 sacks while missing three regular-season games and two playoff games due to injuries. The Giants' interest in Hovan, after signing DT Kendrick Clancy on Friday, is another indication that Hand might soon be released.
    I hope they do sign him. Then we can laugh when we run all over his non-performing butt.

Caine

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

They can have him!!!!!

I used to love hovan....but idk....hes like a totaly differnt player now....I see the hunger in him during the games....but not the full out performance he used to bring...lets bring back randal...john randal that is!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

They can have him!!!!!

If he had anything left,I think we wouldve seen it last year (contract year)
    Maybe a change of scenery will do him good,but not too good I hope lol

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

They can have him!!!!!

After he couldn't take his 'Roids he sucked. Good riddance.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

He will have a good year with the Giants. That is a good move for him. He has never been GREAT he has always been solid before this last season he will do a good job for them.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

They can have him!!!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He will have a good year with the Giants. That is a good move for him. He has never been GREAT he has always been solid before this last season he will do a good job for them.
    He will be reunited with the "awesome" Fred Robbins to re-create the most feared DT duo ever seen. :lol: But seriously, I wish him well...just not against us!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

muffin1229 is offline Waterboy

come on

I sure hope NY picks him up, because I would like to see what he does on a different team. I hope it's better than he did here, because if he could only pick up 1.5 sacks playing next to K-Will, either he was having more problems than we knew, or he is burned out.

They can have him!!!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    He will be reunited with the "awesome" Fred Robbins to re-create the most feared DT duo ever seen. :lol: But seriously, I wish him well...just not against us!
    Robbins actually had a pretty good year last year, maybe Hovan will do the same.

He just cant seem to get it done with us, thats for sure.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Del Rio Guest

They can have him!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a 10 sack season with them. Especially with the upgrade at LB they have made. And an END that is doubled all the time. Double teams on interior lineman if done correctly create a clump of traffic. A Double team on the outside neutralizes ONE person and ultimately creates space.

Hovan got shafted here. A lot of people were all about him until last year. They loved watching him and rooting for him. Honestly the only thing that dissapointed me about him last year is the way he reacted to the critisizm by the head coach. I don't know if I could play for Gorilla either. He seems like the kind of guy that would love his all stars regardless of what they did and ride the working class to make up for his lack of coaching ability.

Plus he seems even more shady then ever. Any way yeah Hovan is gone spencer Johnson is another "Hovan" hard working blue collar guy. Good move for both clubs.

chippewavike is offline Rookie

They can have him!!!!!

Hovan is a little cry-baby, he'll be wishing he didn't want a new team after this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast