Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There's still hope!

I've read too many negative things since the loss Monday night.

Yes it was disapointing to lose with a play-off position in our reach but the season isnt over, Dallas are more than capable of beating Wash an we can win in Denver. Lets not lose hope or be disapointed that we need to rely on other teams.

If somebody would have offered me this season back in August I would have bitten their hand off! The emergence of a number of our players and the wins we've had! Not only has it excited all of us but put the Vikings firmly in place, imo,
    as a future force in the NFC that can attract a higher calibre of player.

So lets not be down, Lets get behind our boys and hope them damn Cowwboys do the job!

"A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: There's still hope!

OK....I like your optimism here...but Dallas wins ....we win....to what end?? I mean it was painfully obvious Sunday Night that we are NOT a playoff calliber team. We were out-performed and out coached in almost every aspect of the game....What chances would we have in the playoffs??

I too am excited about future prospects and players wanting to come to Minnesota. I think we will be a higher calliber team overall by 08. That does not take away the empty feeling of losing the most important game of the season basically by being stupid. I could except it better if I believed that the Redskins were actually a better team overall...but I don't think they are. We just didn't have the right game plan to confuse them and waited to long to make the adjustments.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Definately agree that Monday nights loss was a very bitter pill to swallow, its just getting so close the play-offs and not making them is just as bitter a pill.

If the season ends on Sunday then so be it but 07 has been a great year for the vikings players and fans and, in parts, the coaches. The unexpected play-off contention means 08 has the possibility, given the right off-season moves (imo mcnabb, Asomugha?) 08 could be even better!
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i want to make the playoffs so badly, but unfortuantely, im not sure making the playoffs will encourage the front office to make the changes needed to put this team over the top
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

LOL, put down the purple-tinted glasses. We dont deserve to back into the playoffs

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I would rather lose to Denver than get thumped on in the first round of the playoffs.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wasn't that loss on Sunday night or did I miss one?

i for one dont beleive we are ready for the playoffs. i also wish we win against denver. my dad is a HUGE denver fan and ive been harrassing his jiggly butt all season long. so if the vikes dont beat denver im going to be in hell for a very long long long long long loooong time. please vikes you gotta win.

[size=20pt]SKOL VIKINGS[/size]

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I would rather lose to Denver than get thumped on in the first round of the playoffs.
    Have to disagree with you there. Seeing the Vikes win one and play once more is something I'd take. It's a long time until August. I'll take the Vikes winning, but seeing them lose is still better than not seeing them at all. I go into withdrawal during off season. I share your frustration though.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

That game was a tough pill to swallow because it was such a big game and I think we needed that momentum to gets some wins in the playoffs. I would be pumped if we made it in the playoffs after we win at Denver and Dallas wins but how much damage could we actually do in the playoffs against these elite teams. Probably nothing. There is still hope but not much. I still hope we can do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast