Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is there room for two? Vikings' key: Finding roles for both RBs

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I think this staff are (although some on here don't agree with me) smart enough to figure out how to use them both in the KAO.

Start with CT and ease AD (Cashier) in slowly as the year progresses.

Biggest concern I have here is that CT hasn't been available for comment.
    As I stated in another thread (Winfield).

Things are going just to smoothly here (Yup a bit of a negative feeling coming from me). I hope CT can deal with it like a pro and not get pissy.
    ;D
    Let us remember, he played for a long time in the shadows of a certain star in Baltimore, and he never said a thing.

I think as long as we still use him, and don't let his talent go to waste, Chester will be fine. Through all this team's struggles last season, he never complained about his lack of help once.

I have a feeling he's just letting the buzz around AD die down, and the focus to shift to the team as a whole. We will see that happen when OTA's get cranked
    up again.
    u see.. when you have saftey meetings before posting.. it increases the sense made in said post.

great comments Sno!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Now what WOULD cause some problems is if AD develops a huge ego and starts mouthing off about how he wants more carries... Let's hope Chester can instill some of his humility in to his younger counterpart.
    -Sno

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Well let me step in here and say I know all about the newest Viking Runningback.
    He is considered the greatest High School Running back in Texas High school EVER!
    I watched him play in High School and College.
    The young man has unreal talent.
    But.............he looks to be another Robert Smith.
    The injury gorilla is on his back.
    I think a split role with another back like Taylor will keep them both able to play a full season.

Going back in history to Mack And Byner for Cleveland, Galbreath and Muncie in New Orleans and others.
    It can work.
    The key is not too many carries for any one back. 175-200 each
    Hell Jackson will run 100+ times himself (just 6 runs a game) He'll panic and run that many times, easy.

The Vikes will run the hell outta the ball this year.

IMO

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

If we can use them like Jacksonville used Taylor and Jones-Drew last year that would be alright in my opinion.

Fred Taylor
    YEAR TEAM

G

ATT

YDS

AVG

LNG

TD

FD

FUM LOST
    JAC

Maurice Drew
    YEAR TEAM

G

ATT

YDS

AVG

LNG
    TD

FD

FUM LOST

JAC

Drew averaged 7.92 carries a game for the first 12 games, and then Fred Taylor was injured and Drew took off from there averaging 17.75 carries a game for the final 4 games. I think that our duo of CT and AD could match these numbers.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think when chester came here he chose the vikings in large part because he would be the feature back, this leads me to believe that he does want most of the carries and is probably dissapointed in the pick of peterson, only time will tell.

Chester got 4 years 14 million. How much is AD making? This can also be a sore spot to chester if they are giving this new player alot more than he is recieving then that player has more status.

Whether this was a good pick of not will depend on the success the vikings offense has this year, unfortunetly without any recievers or a good quarterback the odds are definetly not good that these 2 backs can make it through a season with out getting out of line.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think when chester came here he chose the vikings in large part because he would be the feature back, this leads me to believe that he does want most of the carries and is probably dissapointed in the pick of peterson, only time will tell.

Chester got 4 years 14 million. How much is AD making? This can also be a sore spot to chester if they are giving this new player alot more than he is recieving then that player has more status.

Whether this was a good pick of not will depend on the success the vikings offense has this year, unfortunetly without any recievers or a good quarterback the odds are definetly not good that these 2 backs can make it through a season with out getting out of line.
    I agree he wants to be a featured back. I imagine the way Childress was carrying on about him he felt very special, now Childress has a new butt buddy there is potential for some hurt there.

The situation is dangerous, and I also agree the only way to avoid an ugly ugly situation is to succeed on the field if we struggle, the situation will be labeled mishandled and childress will lose his job over this. So he better win. Fans will be quick to boil if we struggle.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"I think Adrian Peterson's going to be an explosive star," Hoge said. "I've nicknamed him 'The Cashier' because he makes people pay. He finishes runs the way Walter Payton did. All those teams that passed him up, he's going to make them pay, too."

I've nicknamed Merrill Hodge "Mr. unecessary nickname appointer guy" because, well he just is.
    Also I've nicknamed myself "The Oakland Airport Security Line Checker" because I can be an a-hole for no reason sometimes.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

I agree he wants to be a featured back. I imagine the way Childress was carrying on about him he felt very special, now Childress has a new butt buddy there is potential for some hurt there.

The situation is dangerous, and I also agree the only way to avoid an ugly ugly situation is to succeed on the field if we struggle, the situation will be labeled mishandled and childress will lose his job over this. So he better win. Fans will be quick to boil if we struggle.
    As Del stated, winning cures all.
    However if we are continue to lose games that we should win, things could get ugly.
    I so see us moving AD around ala Reggie Bush.
    If Williamson struggles, I see the possibilty of using Rice, Wade and then AD in the slot for a lot of formations.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    ... Fans will be quick to boil if we struggle.
    Wow, that would be a surprise.
    I thought the NFL was all about instant gratification and finger pointing.

Every time the team loses there are many more fans on pp.o than after a win.
    Some only show up when the team is struggling so they can go off on their pet diatribe.
    This is when it is especially fun to post on pp.o, when retards post with their emotions and without the semblance of a brain.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    ... Fans will be quick to boil if we struggle.
    Wow, that would be a surprise.
    I thought the NFL was all about instant gratification and finger pointing.

Every time the team loses there are many more fans on pp.o than after a win.
    Some only show up when the team is struggling so they can go off on their pet diatribe.
    This is when it is especially fun to post on pp.o, when retards post with their emotions and without the semblance of a brain.
    I agree it is poor behavior but the situation seems explosive for Chilly. Lots of questions I bet enough to even have Wilf second guessing. If we struggle and the purple faithless rise up.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast