Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Is there room for two? Vikings' key: Finding roles for both RBs

[size=13pt]Is there room for two? Vikings' key: Finding roles for both RBs[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Re: Is there room for two? Vikings' key: Finding roles for both RBs

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Is there room for two? Vikings' key: Finding roles for both RBs[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press
    But if the Vikings have two players who end up criticizing the setup instead of complementing each other, or who perform better carrying the load alone instead of as part of a tandem, the team might face questions about why it stockpiled one position when so many others seemed in need after coach Brad Childress' 6-10 debut in 2006.

"That's going to be the most difficult thing," said ESPN analyst and former NFL running back Merril Hoge, who was in a couple of short-lived rotation experiments with Pittsburgh and Chicago. "The coaches are going to have to develop a rhythm. They can't take that away. When a guy's on a roll and he's moving, you've got to let him go. They'll have to play that by the feel of the game."
    This article, and this quote in particular, explains why st.cloud_83's idea is not insane............although his reasoning is.

Trade C. Taylor Thread.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I think this staff are (although some on here don't agree with me) smart enough to figure out how to use them both in the KAO.

Start with CT and ease AD (Cashier) in slowly as the year progresses.

Biggest concern I have here is that CT hasn't been available for comment.
    As I stated in another thread (Winfield).

Things are going just to smoothly here (Yup a bit of a negative feeling coming from me). I hope CT can deal with it like a pro and not get pissy.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

I wouldnt be surprised if he AP only carries the ball 6-12 times a game. If that. I envision he will take on a MM role in the offense.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"Del" wrote:
    I wouldnt be surprised if he AP only carries the ball 6-12 times a game. If that. I envision he will take on a MM role in the offense.
    Could be. And I would have no problem with that. I just hope we get to see some examples of that 'taking it to the house' they keep talking about.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I think this staff are (although some on here don't agree with me) smart enough to figure out how to use them both in the KAO.

Things are going just to smoothly here (Yup a bit of a negative feeling coming from me). I hope CT can deal with it like a pro and not get pissy.
    ;D
    Let us remember, he played for a long time in the shadows of a certain star in Baltimore, and he never said a thing.

I think as long as we still use him, and don't let his talent go to waste, Chester will be fine. Through all this team's struggles last season, he never complained about his lack of help once.

I have a feeling he's just letting the buzz around AD die down, and the focus to shift to the team as a whole. We will see that happen when OTA's get cranked
    up again.
    -Sno

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Let us remember, he played for a long time in the shadows of a certain star in Baltimore, and he never said a thing.

I think as long as we still use him, and don't let his talent go to waste, Chester will be fine. Through all this team's struggles last season, he never complained about his lack of help once.

I have a feeling he's just letting the buzz around AD die down, and the focus to shift to the team as a whole. We will see that happen when OTA's get cranked
    up again.
    I've said it before (I think)......

You are a wise man my friend.
    Great point(s).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

up again.
    He'll probably be smart about it. All his coaches has said that there will be room for them both. Plus everyone agreed last season that he may have gotten too many carries which had negative effect late in the season.

If he is - smart that is - he'll let the training camp and the actual games show that he's worth his share of the carries.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No mattter how they utilize the backs it is good to have a few RBs that could carry the load if need be.
    The RB position is always ripe for injuries.
    Thank god MeMo isn't the #2, he only looks tough if compared to someone like Michael Bennet...and even then, he is still a pussy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast