RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

There is a reason

There is a reason the Eagles are the #1 seed in the NFC. They are a better team than we are at this point. I sure wish we had a D like they have. Maybe next year.
    The only thing that ticked me off a bit is that Linehan gave up on running the ball after our first TD. Why did he do that? What got us down the field was the run and it opened up the passing game. We scored and never really went back to running the ball again. Ohhh well.

However I am not depressed about our season. Last weeks victory over the Packers made it all worth while for me. It was nice to see the D step up and play a good game last week. Gives me hope that with a little more work and experience they can gel next year. We need to draft or get some FA LB's this year however.

All I have to say now is GOOOOOOOOO Colts :cheers: If we can't be there at least maybe a former Viking coach can. :thumbleft:

WWBGD

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Re: There is a reason

"RK" wrote:
    There is a reason the Eagles are the #1 seed in the NFC. They are a better team than we are at this point. I sure wish we had a D like they have. Maybe next year.
    The only thing that ticked me off a bit is that Linehan gave up on running the ball after our first TD. Why did he do that? What got us down the field was the run and it opened up the passing game. We scored and never really went back to running the ball again. Ohhh well.

However I am not depressed about our season. Last weeks victory over the Packers made it all worth while for me. It was nice to see the D step up and play a good game last week. Gives me hope that with a little more work and experience they can gel next year. We need to draft or get some FA LB's this year however.

All I have to say now is GOOOOOOOOO Colts :cheers: If we can't be there at least maybe a former Viking coach can. :thumbleft:

I wish that we had the Eagles D!
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

vikoles is offline Coordinator

There is a reason

Not I ! I thinkwe have a good YOUNG nucleus to build upon they fought HARD guys come on give em a break! We should have blitzed more that is a FACT!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

a good D

Man a good D like the Eagles and we could have dominated.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: a good D

I just don't understand playing off 5-10 yards on pinkston and mitchell???? How the hell can you not bump and press them all day long???? Have we not watched any game tapes showing those 2 WR's getting killed with press coverage??? We should have pressed them all day long, on every damn play. Then we could have blitzed the hell out of mcnabb, making him throw quickly.

I would have used nickel D with shaw and williams on their 2 WR's and use winfield on westbrook, no matter where he lined up. They were shifting, so we couldn't match winfield on westbrook, but I still would have. Then we also would have had EJ out of the game too, who was clearly our biggest liability on pass D this game and all year. We know they pass the ball 75% of the time, so why not match up your best against their pass offense? Horrible job by cottrell this game!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

There is a reason

I agree with muchluv the CB's need to be up closer I alwas like to jam the others team's recievers at the line.
    can we clone Bud Grant?