Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Ponders upside, the more he fails and the longer Frazier clings to him the chances for changing the coaching staff increases

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Ponders upside, the more he fails and the longer Frazier clings to him the chances for changing the coaching staff increases
    Needs to happen
    Great point
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    What I really want to know is, what the HELL does the coaching staff see potentially in Ponder that they expect will develop with more time? And how much time do they expect it will take??? He has been given a HUGE leech, and has not shown anything special to this point.
    Well, that could be the problem with Ponder. I mean, having a huge leech on him just makes him weak and sickly in the long run. Maybe if they removed the monstrous bloodsucking leech, Ponder would play better.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Well, that could be the problem with Ponder. I mean, having a huge leech on him just makes him weak and sickly in the long run. Maybe if they removed the monstrous bloodsucking leech, Ponder would play better.
    That hurts my feelings.

I AM a very sensitive 40-something with 5 kids, 3 of them girls... I DO have feelings!

OK OK...maybe I don't.

But still, you know what I meant. Well, I THINK you know what I meant. Look, I typed "leash", but it didn't look right, OK?

Hehe..
    Last edited by drewlovs; 09-27-2013 at 12:48 PM.

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    Ponder just plain baffles me. He is from here (DFW area) and he has always had "issues" on and off the field. His emotions get the best of him, and he just slumps into self doubt. I could really say more very specific things but I will just say Ponder is in an uphill battle with himself. And it is truly sad.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The most telling thing about Ponder was his press conference when he revealed he was injured. The QB I want leading this team would fight for his position and refuse to accept that he could be benched rather than the Shucky darn response we got from him. Apparently he is a lover, not a fighter and that isn't what we need at QB

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    NFL AM talked about the Cassel/Ponder topic, and Eric Davis said he was leaning Ponder because "We know who Cassel is, and Ponder has the most up-side." BUT, like every other talking head who says that, he didn't tell us WHAT that up side was!!

WHAT does he expect/hope from Ponder? What can Ponder develop into that he hasn't done so far??

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but it pisses me off when experts make statements without feeling the need to back up what they are saying. I REALLY want to know what these people think Ponder can do that makes them feel Frazier is doing the right thing in backing him.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The most telling thing about Ponder was his press conference when he revealed he was injured. The QB I want leading this team would fight for his position and refuse to accept that he could be benched rather than the Shucky darn response we got from him. Apparently he is a lover, not a fighter and that isn't what we need at QB
    Lol @ shucky darn. That's just 1 of the many issues I have with Ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    NFL AM talked about the Cassel/Ponder topic, and Eric Davis said he was leaning Ponder because "We know who Cassel is, and Ponder has the most up-side." BUT, like every other talking head who says that, he didn't tell us WHAT that up side was!!

WHAT does he expect/hope from Ponder? What can Ponder develop into that he hasn't done so far??

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but it pisses me off when experts make statements without feeling the need to back up what they are saying. I REALLY want to know what these people think Ponder can do that makes them feel Frazier is doing the right thing in backing him.
    I'd really love to know what these "upsides" are too. The start of year 3 and we're just getting around to working on his pocket presence? That didn't work. Let's try roll out to the left, that was a disaster. Now we're rolling him to the right and that's not going very well. When are we going to work on the happy feet, year 5? Upside? I like to know 1 thing he's currently good at. He's awful at every aspect of passing. Weak arm, inaccurate, can't read the D, late finding the open guy, slow delivery, fragile, doe-eyed, oh shucks, can't handle a blitz, no leadership skills, passive doofus that makes the whole offense play bad. How much more time will it take to fix all those issues? It'll be quicker to draft someone new.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Lol @ shucky darn. That's just 1 of the many issues I have with Ponder.

I'd really love to know what these "upsides" are too. The start of year 3 and we're just getting around to working on his pocket presence? That didn't work. Let's try roll out to the left, that was a disaster. Now we're rolling him to the right and that's not going very well. When are we going to work on the happy feet, year 5? Upside? I like to know 1 thing he's currently good at. He's awful at every aspect of passing. Weak arm, inaccurate, can't read the D, late finding the open guy, slow delivery, fragile, doe-eyed, oh shucks, can't handle a blitz, no leadership skills, passive doofus that makes the whole offense play bad. How much more time will it take to fix all those issues? It'll be quicker to draft someone new.
    I watch my friend Singer take a lot of crap on this site, and sometimes I'm the one slinging it at him. But he was the first one to figure it out as far as I recall; there is no up side to Ponder.
    It's over for him here. He would be a good back up if it weren't for the fact we already have a better back up in Cassel.
    Sorry Ponder, you squandered your golden opportunity. It's time to move on.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I watch my friend Singer take a lot of crap on this site, and sometimes I'm the one slinging it at him. But he was the first one to figure it out as far as I recall; there is no up side to Ponder.
    As they say, if you throw a hundred darts, you are bound to hit a bullseye once in a while.

In the case of Ponder, I understood he was inexperienced and would not likely do well his first few seasons. Quarterbacks often make mental mistakes, make bad reads, and have to get up to NFL speed. With Ponder, it was more than that.

Last season, Ponder was exposed. His inability to hit moving targets, deep targets, or sideline targets was more than just inexperience; it was fundamental. Ponder's slow release and soft touch on every throw made him easy to read and recover by defenders. Combined with inexperience and his need to see an open receiver, rather than anticipate one, Ponder had to be viewed as a long term project at best and maybe a bust in the NFL.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast