Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I was expecting 4 (yes FOUR, 3 points didn't really give us anything, and if we were stopped on the one, there would be NO Hester return) AD runs. 4 chances to make it a 2 score lead, which would have secured the victory. Either way, 4 runs would have removed all of the bears time outs, and ran the clock down to almost nothing, whether we scored or not.

The FG was safer, but set the stage for Cutler... was anyone surprised about the outcome?
    I wasn't surprised at all after we gave the bears a free timeout on our second and goal.

The coaching staff blew the game for us big time, Ponder didn't help but the blame from me goes to the coaches. I still can't understand why we tried to pass it on second down, the coaches need to be smarter than that when we are trying to RUN the clock out. When you have the best rusher in the league you got to give him 4 tries to get in

Ranger is offline Coach
    Sometimes, Ponder can actually look pretty good back there. Unfortunately, he seems scared to pull the trigger. I'd rather have him trust what he sees and go for it. That way, at least, we'd be able to see if he has anything worth developing. Right now, he seems like a waste to me.

Honestly I think Ponder is still the starting qb because he's "their guy". Kind of like the situation the Jets had with Sanchez. They want to believe he will step it up sooner or later rather than giving up on the guy they picked. It may seem over the top, but they don't want the embarrassment of that pick being a total failure and bust even if there is a guy behind him who's clearly better. I honestly believe there are many backup/3rd string quarterbacks out there better than Ponder.

I don't see Ponder near worthy of a NFL starter. He's very shaky in the pocket and doesn't scan the field what so ever. When he does try taking his eye off his first target he holds on to the ball way too long taking a sack. Yeah he may shine here and there, but consistency is very important with a qb.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Are the Vikings being too patient with Christian Ponder?

Read more: Are the Vikings being too patient with Christian Ponder? - Sports Glory

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I wasn't surprised at all after we gave the bears a free timeout on our second and goal. The coaching staff blew the game for us big time, Ponder didn't help but the blame from me goes to the coaches. I still can't understand why we tried to pass it on second down, the coaches need to be smarter than that when we are trying to RUN the clock out. When you have the best rusher in the league you got to give him 4 tries to get in
    I disagree somewhat. Play action with more than one option is the way to go. A team needs to be able to run and pass and use the whole field. Stretch the field laterally at the goal line.

The problem was that the quarterback has to know that any pass must be a high percentage open receiver. The quarterback must know that an incomplete pass or a pick is unacceptable. He must eat the ball rather than have either of those outcomes.

Christian Ponder was late to the game today. Ponder was on I-94 when an elderly lady merged onto the lane in front of him. Although the next lane was open, Ponder could not figure out how to pass.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I am out. Start Cassell
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I am out. Start Cassell
    Lol dude? You were defending Ponder all day in game chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Lol dude? You were defending Ponder all day in game chat.
    Ponder did not have an overly poor game. He was not crisp, and I do not know if he ever will be, but he did hit open receivers. His line, especially the right side, failed him miserably. We are not talking a one whiff effort; we are talking Pamplona bad.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast