Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Checkout his wife, that would give me a massive upside.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    On his pick 6, he was looking at the WR before the ball was even hiked!! He NEVER took his eyes off the guy, and it was so easy I think the Bear's DEF might have been a little freaked out. If that is STILL being done after 3 years, there is nothing left to be done besides replacing him.

No matter how many drives he puts together after the DEF bails him out, the propensity for him to do that again is extremely high. If we as fans can't trust him, think of how his team feels. Vikings fans are NOT Eagles fans, I find that we as fans give our players TOO many chances; and if we have given up on him...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    On his pick 6, he was looking at the WR before the ball was even hiked!! He NEVER took his eyes off the guy, and it was so easy I think the Bear's DEF might have been a little freaked out. If that is STILL being done after 3 years, there is nothing left to be done besides replacing him.

No matter how many drives he puts together after the DEF bails him out, the propensity for him to do that again is extremely high. If we as fans can't trust him, think of how his team feels. Vikings fans are NOT Eagles fans, I find that we as fans give our players TOO many chances; and if we have given up on him...
    I fail to see the relevance of what fans think. I hardly doubt any fan base gives players many chances to prove themselves. Instant gratification is all the rage.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I fail to see the relevance of what fans think. I hardly doubt any fan base gives players many chances to prove themselves. Instant gratification is all the rage.
    PLEASE! I was using the fans reactions as a indicator to answer the rhetorical question, "How long is too long?" That you think anything we say here has zero relevance means very little to me, since most if not all that is said here will not affect the viking's decision on Ponder one bit.

This IS for fun, right? And for the record, the fact that very few fans here are screaming for Ponder's head after almost 3 years does show the Vikings fans give players many chances to prove themselves.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Part of the problem with Ponder is the Coaching staff and FO staff. Just like Jackson, they brought him in, claimed he was going to be "the Guy", and now he's failing to take off. This is an absolute mirror of the Childress years. Maybe Brady will threaten to retire and we can get him for a year to make Frazier look like a genius.

Ponder has the tools - like Jackson did - but the inability to utilize those tools successfully.

But the true problem isn't Ponder, and it isn't frazier - even though HE'S the genius running the show. And it isn't even Musgrave...who may be the worst OC I've ever seen on our sideline.

The problem is Wilf.

They hired Frazier. They hired Childress.

only they can fire Frazier, and maybe actually bring in a real HC.

Although, based upon their history, they'll simply promote Musgrave....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Part of the problem with Ponder is the Coaching staff and FO staff. Just like Jackson, they brought him in, claimed he was going to be "the Guy", and now he's failing to take off. This is an absolute mirror of the Childress years. Maybe Brady will threaten to retire and we can get him for a year to make Frazier look like a genius.

Ponder has the tools - like Jackson did - but the inability to utilize those tools successfully.

But the true problem isn't Ponder, and it isn't frazier - even though HE'S the genius running the show. And it isn't even Musgrave...who may be the worst OC I've ever seen on our sideline.

The problem is Wilf.

Caine
    Here is the litmus test I used when Manning was considering what team to go to... how would the Viking's offense look with Manning or Brady, ceteris paribus? If everything is exactly the same except for the QB, what does our team's future look like?

THAT, more than anything else, tells me Ponder needs to go. If he were to shake off this numbness he seems to ooze next week, I would be the first to say I was wrong and be supportive. I am a fan, and just want my team to be GOOD!

But...does anyone here think that is going to happen?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

The problem is Wilf.

Caine
    No, no, no, they promote Mike Singletary, then the fans get the non-stoic coach they wanted, the Rooney rule isn't an issue and Mike is the special assistant coach or whatever the last title upgrade he got on his office door was and moves up one

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    PLEASE! I was using the fans reactions as a indicator to answer the rhetorical question, "How long is too long?" That you think anything we say here has zero relevance means very little to me, since most if not all that is said here will not affect the viking's decision on Ponder one bit.

This IS for fun, right? And for the record, the fact that very few fans here are screaming for Ponder's head after almost 3 years does show the Vikings fans give players many chances to prove themselves.
    What have you been reading????? Every thread here becomes a Ponder sucks, Ponder has to go. If a thread were started about puppies, somehow it would become a ponder sucks thread.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    It is a conundrum... On one hand, it's hard to see a huge upside to Ponder. On the other hand, if you believe Chiefs fans, they could not be hap hap happier that Cassel is out of there.

The last possession in the Bears game, to me, is a clear indication that Ponder is limited.

Neither Ponder, nor Cassel, appears to be the long-term answer...that's the other conundrum.
    I agree. Christian needs to do a better job on defense. The way he let the Bears march downfield like that was embarrassing.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I agree. Christian needs to do a better job on defense. The way he let the Bears march downfield like that was embarrassing.
    I think he's talking about our last drive, where they didn't give Ponder a shot for the TD on third down.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast