Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any Truth...

to the theory that we are for some reason not giving it our all, so we can sneak into the playoffs and explode? I mean at first I thought it was completely crazy to think so, but i mean in some aspects it would make sense. Face it..without Randy 100% or very close to that, we dont really stand a chance in the playoffs. Do you think he has been told to take it easy somewhat? Onterrio getting split time with Bennett...is this so Onterrio can be more fresh for the playoffs? I mean we have had many injuries that obviously not planned or expected, but is it possible that we are babying some of our key players so that we can be strong in the playoffs? Im not trying to find excuses for our poor play, but these thought crossed my mind. What do you all think?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Is there any Truth...

No. If that were the case we would have took care of business down in the desert last year, and continued on. Granted, we've had more injuries this year, but we've been in a dogfight with GB, it's not like we have the division wrapped up and have the luxury of resting key players. With 3 games remaining, the Detroit game may seem the easiest but they'll probably keep it close, it'll go down to the wire with GB. You can't take Washington lightly considering the way they've been playing D.

scorptile is offline Starter

Is there any Truth...

yes the redskins D is rough on offenses...even philly had a tough time scoring on that D...no one should take any team lightly at this point even if it is a under .500 team...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Is there any Truth...

Thats My read on the situation :shock: TICE is looking for this year to make the differance, :wink: it is called playing possum, :scratch: the only thing we can do is wait and see :study:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Is there any Truth...

"Sneak into the playoffs and explode" 6 words that have no bussines being in the same sentence. Your team or mine.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Is there any Truth...

Any Given Sunday!!!!! (or saterday or friday even) IMHO, in no way is it set in stone that the Eagles will evn make the chanpionship!!! no one, hear me, no one in the NFC is unbeatable for us. If we were to make the superbowl (heaven, shine brightly on my wish) who knows!! the players might just pull some heart out of their asses! th coaches may just pull some brains out of theirs!

Fitting Cliche's

Any given sunday
    It aint over 'till the fat lady sings
    Give up? I have not yet begun to fight!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Is there any Truth...

Expand upon what GBS said, and no one is inbeatable to anyone anymore. There isn't a "safe" team in the NFL, they can all bring their "A" game without warning.

As for playing possum...no way. That's a recipe for disaster. Too much can go wrong for ANY team to try that stunt. Look at what happened to Denver last season...they rest 9 starters for the final game - playing Possum so to speak - then get waxed in the 1st round of the play-offs. While that isn't quite the same, the same principle applies - you give 100% every week...or you sit home in January.

Our "Problem" lies in the inability of the Defense to play consistantly (Other than consistantly BAD). I tend to believe that this is more of a coaching problem than a player problem.

Minnesota's destiny in in their own hands...what they do with it remains to be seen.

Caine

Is there any Truth...

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Any Given Sunday!!!!! (or saterday or friday even) IMHO, in no way is it set in stone that the Eagles will evn make the chanpionship!!! no one, hear me, no one in the NFC is unbeatable for us. If we were to make the superbowl (heaven, shine brightly on my wish) who knows!! the players might just pull some heart out of their asses! th coaches may just pull some brains out of theirs!

Fitting Cliche's

Any given sunday
    It aint over 'till the fat lady sings
    Give up? I have not yet begun to fight!

From Your lips to the builders and powers to be ears =D>
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

parsongeorge is offline Starter

Is there any Truth...

There is no way that we are taking it easy! The defense has huge holes especially at the linebacker positions. May we please get our heads out of our asses in time.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

McViking is offline Rookie

Is there any Truth...

Of course the defense is taking it easy! Problem is, they've been taking it easy for a number of years now. Linebackers hiding behind the d-line praying they won't have to tackle the ball carrier, or even take on a pulling guard!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast