Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Theory: Offense makes defense bad???

"eelpout72" wrote:
    Also, if a team spends a greater portion of the salary cap on one side of the ball, the other likely will suffer. Not always of course, but im sure there's a correlation there.
    Right, like us. We had a lot more $$ tied up in offense than we did defense, at least I think so. Not that we couldn't have spent more, but then again we all know how damned cheap Red was.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Right now we have a top 5 offense and have the players for a top 5 defense, this will greatly help the defense having such a great offense. Just in practice alone they can see how a good offense would tackle the flaws in their defense and the offense can really see what wouldn't work. I mean a play against our defense in practice might not work but against the 49ers might probably lead to a touchdown
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

nsavarirayan is offline Rookie

Wow someone brought up special teams - I had completely forgotten about such a huge aspect of football. I mean we gave up such good field position - especially after elling got hurt - we could not kick it deep. How is our special teams going to fare this year? Defense is already in a bind when the opponent starts at the 40 yeard line. A couple touchbacks would be nice as well.

I think the other key aspect I would like to see is solid running of the ball. I would like to see us wear other teams down by pounding the running game and running time off the clock - thats how we are going to help the defense.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Our defense sucked because Red invested way more resources in the offense...because he was only interested in making money. WE all know that DEFENSE wins championships...and the fact that Red didn't invest in the defense is proof that he didn't care about winning the Super Bowl. Just as long as he had us suckers on a line and he was making money off of us, he was happy. Now let's see what the next guy does...if the team continues to focus on having a strong defense, we will know that the new owners really want to win.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nsavarirayan is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Our defense sucked because Red invested way more resources in the offense...because he was only interested in making money. WE all know that DEFENSE wins championships...and the fact that Red didn't invest in the defense is proof that he didn't care about winning the Super Bowl. Just as long as he had us suckers on a line and he was making money off of us, he was happy. Now let's see what the next guy does...if the team continues to focus on having a strong defense, we will know that the new owners really want to win.
    I alerady like what the new owneer is doing. Personally meeting with players to get to know them - how many oweners care to do that.

Plus he helped make sure that vikes fans don't have to pay for training camp. I guess time will tell what type of owner we have. I actually though Red was going to be that type of owner when he came in.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Offense sells tickets
    Defense wins championships

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

But, I thought the cheerleaders sell tickets? Well, ours wouldn't anyway.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

we need better chearleaders. NOW.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

When they said who let the dogs out.. I guess that's who they were refering to *chuckle*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12