Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Theismann thinks Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson will be OK

[size=13pt]Walters: Joe Theismann thinks Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson will be OK[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 09/25/2007 12:07:41 AM CDT

Tarvaris Jackson has a fan in ESPN's Joe Theismann, broadcasting's top quarterback analyst.

"I like Tarvaris Jackson," Theismann said of the Vikings' second-year QB, who threw four interceptions against Detroit in his most recent game two weeks ago.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Theismann thinks Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson will be OK

It's good to know someone without purple shades on still believes in Tavaris.

Did anyone read the end of that article? Fitz would be awesome, but trading Taylor or Winfield? That would be a horrible call.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:

Did anyone read the end of that article? Fitz would be awesome, but trading Taylor or Winfield? That would be a horrible call.
    Got to give to get.
    Taylor is bait, we have to get him some yards this season.
    Moore is a very good 3rd down back, I would keep him.

TJ did a great job managing in the first game.
    Tried to do too much in the second.
    Now he is injured.

He needs to get healthy and get back to managing until he is more comfortable with the NFL.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Got to give to get.

Now he is injured.

He needs to get healthy and get back to managing until he is more comfortable with the NFL.
    1. Peterson is a better 3rd down back than Moore.
    2. Did you see Peterson at the end of that game? Exhausted. He needs someone to split carries with.
    3. Let's see ow Bush does now that McAlister is done for the year. The main reason that the Saints offense has struggled is because they did not depend on McAlister enough.
    4. Taylor is the rock that holds this offense together. He will make everyone better, including Peterson, when he gets back in there. Don't take him for granted.

I have been awful skeptical of Childress, but I have never straight out called for him to be fired. Bad teams can't afford to lose their good players. If Taylor or Winfield are traded then I will salivate over the day that Wilf takes an axe to Chili's head.

I will say though that it is very unlike Childress to make such a trade.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Got to give to get.

Now he is injured.

2. Did you see Peterson at the end of that game? Exhausted. He needs someone to split carries with.
    3. Let's see ow Bush does now that McAlister is done for the year. The main reason that the Saints offense has struggled is because they did not depend on McAlister enough.
    4. Taylor is the rock that holds this offense together. He will make everyone better, including Peterson, when he gets back in there. Don't take him for granted.

I have been awful skeptical of Childress, but I have never straight out called for him to be fired. Bad teams can't afford to lose their good players. If Taylor or Winfield are traded then I will salivate over the day that Wilf takes an axe to Chili's head.

i agree w/ u 100% on those two statements right there

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:

True...but Joey Sunshine is a lightweight!
    He IS right about ONE thing...TJack needs to realize that he can't make plays yet with his arm...4 INTs in one game prove that.
    I have said this all offseason and stand by my earlier analysis...he needs to just manage the game and limit mistakes in order to win right now.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"V" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Got to give to get.

Now he is injured.

Peterson is/will be the franchise back.

We can hold on to Taylor who I am not discounting at all, but it is more like holding on to a security blnaket than a good idea for the team, when we have needs at other positions.
    I like Taylor a lot, but sooner or later, we need to make a choice.
    That is why I say get him some yards this year and deal him.
    Moore can handle 3rd downs.
    He has a huge yards per carry average right now being the 3rd down guy, 7.1 avg rushing and 7.7 avg receiving.

I am just saying, that we might try to get something for CT while his value might be high.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Got to give to get.

Now he is injured.

We can hold on to Taylor who I am not discounting at all, but it is more like holding on to a security blnaket than a good idea for the team, when we have needs at other positions.
    He has a huge yards per carry average right now being the 3rd down guy, 7.1 avg rushing and 7.7 avg receiving.

I am just saying, that we might try to get something for CT while his value might be high.
    CT is worth keeping...it's Mewelde that will most likely be the odd man out...since his contract expires after this season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Why would we trade Taylor?
    That is just silly.
    Moore maybe.
    Also it sounded from the article that if we lose to the packers this weekend our season is over.
    Not sure I buy that.
    IMO when Taylor comes back our offense will take a big step forward.

WWBGD

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Got to give to get.

Now he is injured.

CT is worth keeping...it's Mewelde that will most likely be the odd man out...since his contract expires after this season.
    Just another situtation where we have no leverage!

I honestly wouldn't mind keeping Taylor.
    I was one of the first people on this site that said that Taylor was worth getting when we signed him.
    I am just saying that we have other areas to fill besides RB, like maybe an OL.
    I don't think that a CT trade is going to get us a OL directly, but we could package a deal to manuver in the draft order with extra picks from a trade.
    Who knows?
    I just want to play out the rest of this season before jumping to the offseason.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast