Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    I could be wrong, but I thought he either pulled up a run short or got hit right after he let go of a pass. Either way, I BELIEVE he was immobile at the time.

    Edit:

    Culpepper ran for 18 yards into the red zone and was hit by two Carolina defenders from opposite sides. Carolina cornerback Chris Gamble hit Culpepper on the right knee as safety Mike Minter up high coming from the left side awkwardly bending the right knee.

    ---

    Effective immbolization - he was stood up from one side, and it was at the end of the run as he was headed out. My point is, quarterbacks are much more vulnerable when immobile

    That example aside, if we're being combative, the rest still apply.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  2. #22
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    "happy camper" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "The Vikings are a team that has the talent to be pretty good, but there are so many 'I'm not sures,' " Theismann said. "The big question on defense is middle linebacker. That has been the Achilles' heel for this team."

    After Thursday's round, Theismann was to head to Vikings training camp in Mankato, Minn., to brief himself on the team. He will broadcast the Vikings' Aug. 14 exhibition opener against Oakland at the Metrodome.

    Theismann said he thinks it will be tough for the Vikings to make the playoffs because the NFC is tough.
    Well you've done your homework on the Vikes Joe.. just sit on the fence. I'd love to see how he's going to brief himself on the team. As for the NFC- from what I saw last year the NFC was not tough, so unless all the NFC teams have changed all their rosters then I can't see it changing instantly.
    hes not sitting on the fence, hes telling the god dang truth.

    the vikings do have talent to bo good, but there are alot of "im not sures"

    im not sure if we filled out #1 RB spot with chester taylor
    im not sure if we filled our #2 QB spot with mcmahon
    im not sure if koren can be the #1 reciever
    im not sure if we have a good linebacking corp
    im not sure if fred smoot will rebound
    im not sure if kevin williams will rebound

    now, its easy to say you have confidence in these guys, but we really cant be sure about it until they start playing.

    i find it funny people feel the need to bash any analyst that doesnt immediatly say the vikings will win the SB
    actually I don't look at the team through purple glasses and am more than willing to recognise areas that are not 100%. The difference I at least look at what is going and have a clue as to what theyare at. My point is that Theismann hasn't got a clue where the Vikings are at and has thrown out a few vague sentences to make it appear he has a handle on the situation. The comment about the MLB is something that the media has been chewing over for awhile.
    Wait til Joe does the broadcast against Oakland, he will be none the wiser than he is now and will cover his tracks with lots of vague and woolly comments.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #23
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    But it's true, though. Our middle linebacker position has never been strong, and that's the captain of the defense.

    I'm more concerned on Brad's ability to make it through a quarter without kidney dialysis.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  4. #24
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "The Vikings are a team that has the talent to be pretty good, but there are so many 'I'm not sures,' " Theismann said. "The big question on defense is middle linebacker. That has been the Achilles' heel for this team."

    After Thursday's round, Theismann was to head to Vikings training camp in Mankato, Minn., to brief himself on the team. He will broadcast the Vikings' Aug. 14 exhibition opener against Oakland at the Metrodome.

    Theismann said he thinks it will be tough for the Vikings to make the playoffs because the NFC is tough.
    Well you've done your homework on the Vikes Joe.. just sit on the fence. I'd love to see how he's going to brief himself on the team. As for the NFC- from what I saw last year the NFC was not tough, so unless all the NFC teams have changed all their rosters then I can't see it changing instantly.
    hes not sitting on the fence, hes telling the god dang truth.

    the vikings do have talent to bo good, but there are alot of "im not sures"

    im not sure if we filled out #1 RB spot with chester taylor
    im not sure if we filled our #2 QB spot with mcmahon
    im not sure if koren can be the #1 reciever
    im not sure if we have a good linebacking corp
    im not sure if fred smoot will rebound
    im not sure if kevin williams will rebound

    now, its easy to say you have confidence in these guys, but we really cant be sure about it until they start playing.

    i find it funny people feel the need to bash any analyst that doesnt immediatly say the vikings will win the SB
    actually I don't look at the team through purple glasses and am more than willing to recognise areas that are not 100%. The difference I at least look at what is going and have a clue as to what theyare at. My point is that Theismann hasn't got a clue where the Vikings are at and has thrown out a few vague sentences to make it appear he has a handle on the situation. The comment about the MLB is something that the media has been chewing over for awhile.
    Wait til Joe does the broadcast against Oakland, he will be none the wiser than he is now and will cover his tracks with lots of vague and woolly comments.
    ok. except joe was probably 100% accurate on what he said.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  5. #25
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Your flowerly language is so eloquent that it leaves me speechless.
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did too.

    Remember - Vick was injured last year by Erasmus James - IN THE POCKET. He broke his leg against the Ravens IN THE POCKET. Injuries occur when your legs are planted more than any other time. I recall three of our own players hitting Vick on that infamous 46 yard dash in ways that would have blown him up if he were standing still.

    Deshea Townsend attempted to take out his knee IN THE OPEN FIELD. Know what happened to Deshea? Michael stiff armed him into the turf and jogged in for the TD.

    Daunte Culpepper? Remember him? Our pocket/running quarterback hybrid?

    How did his knee get blown out?

    I'm glad we're done with this argument. It was fun.
    Yes it is fun, I'll give you the W in this round even though the probabilities aren't in his favor and Schaub's asking price is high not based on his prowess, but on the known need for a backup to Mexico given his high probability to injury.

    Rock on Ron Mexico. I'm glad you have faith in the Mexico-led Falcons. I would be surprised if they took the NFCS and am not worried about their threat to take the NFC.

  6. #26
    oakmage's Avatar
    oakmage is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    193

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Your flowerly language is so eloquent that it leaves me speechless. Vick's propensity to get injured is based almost solely on his offensive line - no one said anything about Steve Young running around, and it had a lot to do that he wasn't taking blind shots in the pocket.
    Yes they did all of the time. Until he won the Super Bowl that was used as a knock against him saying that he was only a running back and was a concussion waiting to happen.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Remember - Vick was injured last year by Erasmus James - IN THE POCKET. He broke his leg against the Ravens IN THE POCKET. Injuries occur when your legs are planted more than any other time. I recall three of our own players hitting Vick on that infamous 46 yard dash in ways that would have blown him up if he were standing still.
    I could be wrong but if I remember right he broke his leg on a boot leg

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Deshea Townsend attempted to take out his knee IN THE OPEN FIELD. Know what happened to Deshea? Michael stiff armed him into the turf and jogged in for the TD.
    Daunte Culpepper? Remember him? Our pocket/running quarterback hybrid?

    How did his knee get blown out?
    Yes he did when he was running out side of the pocket.
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I'm glad we're done with this argument. It was fun.

    Anyway, my whole point was, I think we need to watch out for the Falcons in the NFC, but I do believe that we'll make the playoffs if we keep BJ upright.
    And you people thought I was crazy for putting my money down for the Vikings to go all the way.

  7. #27
    PsychoViking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    From John "Fave4ever" Madden to Joey "Look At Me" Theisman...if only Dennis Miller could come back.
    The World is Full Of Kings & Queens..Who Will Blind Your Eyes..Then Steal Your Dreams..Its Heaven & Hell

  8. #28
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    I'm still not sure I don't expect an injury to Vick this year if he is running more. You get hit a lot more running the ball than you do throwing the ball.

    However, it's interesting to note that this is the first year in Vick's career where he has the same two starting WRs as he had the year before. I'm wondering if that familiarty will lead to a bit more success in the passing game.

    I just don't quite know what to expect from Vick this season.

  9. #29
    vikingTurf Guest

    Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The day will come when the NFCN will re-earn their 'black 'n blue'. I heard Theismann has that excruciating leg break clip as his screen saver....just to keep himself in check. It's not working.
    You mean THIS one?:


    :shock:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Theismann thinks Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson will be OK
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
  2. No. 7 pick offers many scenarios for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
  3. **VIKING UPDATE** VIKINGS offer 2 last offers
    By KFANreporter in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 03:09 PM
  4. My 2 cents... (worth a nickel around here)
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:20 AM
  5. Theismann in Live Chat room
    By VIKE58 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 09:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •