Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Theismann offers his 2 cents worth on Vikings

Unless Brad Johnson suddenly retires and Tarvaris Jackson morphs into Donovan McNabb and we run the ball down the throat of every team in the NFC, the Falcons are taking the conference this year.

How do I know? Michael Vick has finally given up on the whole 'I need to be a pocket passer who can run' thing that has held him back for years.

"I finally realized I needed to stop worrying so much about trying to be viewed as a "quarterback." You don't have to call me a quarterback anymore. I don't care. Just call me the guy lining up behind the center who makes plays, that's fine." http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5842622

If he goes back to 2002 form + more passing experience and better wideouts, the NFC is finished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"Prophet" wrote:
    The day will come when the NFCN will re-earn their 'black 'n blue'. I heard Theismann has that excruciating leg break clip as his screen saver....just to keep himself in check. It's not working.
    You mean THIS one?:

:shock:
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Prophet Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Unless Brad Johnson suddenly retires and Tarvaris Jackson morphs into Donovan McNabb and we run the ball down the throat of every team in the NFC, the Falcons are taking the conference this year.

How do I know? Michael Vick has finally given up on the whole 'I need to be a pocket passer who can run' thing that has held him back for years.

"I finally realized I needed to stop worrying so much about trying to be viewed as a "quarterback." You don't have to call me a quarterback anymore. I don't care. Just call me the guy lining up behind the center who makes plays, that's fine." http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5842622

If he goes back to 2002 form + more passing experience and better wideouts, the NFC is finished
    You might as well tag this one for the crow eating thread.

Ron Mexico is an accident waiting to happen. His athleticism will only take him so far. The main reason the asking price for Schaub is so high is because the Falcons signed Vick to an exorbitant contract and must sink or swim with him, even the coaches question his durability and are forced to give him the reigns due to his contract. They must have a reasonable backup that can take the reigns at a moments notice.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Atlanta?? Really ?

Wanna place a little side bet on that one .... :lol:

Their Defense of the past, which was good, is no more. They couldn't stop anyone last year and the same will be true this year. Not to mention, they have Carolina and Tampa in their division. Also, an improving Saints team. Atlanta ... doesn't even get a sniff of the post-season ... IMO.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Ron Mexico is an accident waiting to happen. His athleticism will only take him so far. The main reason the asking price for Schaub is so high is because the Falcons signed Vick to an exorbitant contract and must sink or swim with him, even the coaches question his durability and are forced to give him the reigns due to his contract. They must have a reasonable backup that can take the reigns at a moments notice.
    Right, right. It's amazing to me how none of you cats ever blame Vick's offensive line for any of his amazing scrambling escapes being necessitated. Matt Schaub would be DEAD behind that offensive line, and I do mean dead - the Patriots practice squad sacked him three times and would have sacked him 4 more if not for Schaub tossing the ball into a lineman's back.

Furthermore, other than the major injury of breaking his leg, Vick has not really missed that many games - most of the games he missed between 2002-2006 (except the leg) were due to the Falcons having locked up playoff spots. This myth about Vick's durability is pretty sad.

Please link me to quotes of his coaches, or reports, for that matter, of his coaches questioning his durability. I love it when people fabricate to strengthen their argument.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "The Vikings are a team that has the talent to be pretty good, but there are so many 'I'm not sures,' " Theismann said. "The big question on defense is middle linebacker. That has been the Achilles' heel for this team."

After Thursday's round, Theismann was to head to Vikings training camp in Mankato, Minn., to brief himself on the team. He will broadcast the Vikings' Aug. 14 exhibition opener against Oakland at the Metrodome.

Theismann said he thinks it will be tough for the Vikings to make the playoffs because the NFC is tough.
    Well you've done your homework on the Vikes Joe.. just sit on the fence. I'd love to see how he's going to brief himself on the team. As for the NFC- from what I saw last year the NFC was not tough, so unless all the NFC teams have changed all their rosters then I can't see it changing instantly.
    hes not sitting on the fence, hes telling the god dang truth.

the vikings do have talent to bo good, but there are alot of "im not sures"

im not sure if we filled out #1 RB spot with chester taylor
    im not sure if we filled our #2 QB spot with mcmahon
    im not sure if koren can be the #1 reciever
    im not sure if we have a good linebacking corp
    im not sure if fred smoot will rebound
    im not sure if kevin williams will rebound

now, its easy to say you have confidence in these guys, but we really cant be sure about it until they start playing.

i find it funny people feel the need to bash any analyst that doesnt immediatly say the vikings will win the SB
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Prophet Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Right, right. It's amazing to me how none of you cats ever blame Vick's offensive line for any of his amazing scrambling escapes being necessitated. Matt Schaub would be DEAD behind that offensive line, and I do mean dead - the Patriots practice squad sacked him three times and would have sacked him 4 more if not for Schaub tossing the ball into a lineman's back.

Furthermore, other than the major injury of breaking his leg, Vick has not really missed that many games - most of the games he missed between 2002-2006 (except the leg) were due to the Falcons having locked up playoff spots. This myth about Vick's durability is pretty sad.

Please link me to quotes of his coaches, or reports, for that matter, of his coaches questioning his durability. I love it when people fabricate to strengthen their argument.
    Mexico is a risk. I may have fabricated his durability issue but I am not fabricating probabilities. The probability of Ron Mexico going down to injury is tops in the league. A pencil-necked small dude that runs downfield into a pack of wolves numerous times a game is more likely to get maimed than other QBs. No arguning that. His days are numbered unless he can get the passing game together to complement his other abilities.

The Schaub issue isn't about Schaub himself. It's about any QB that is ready to take the helm at a moments notice in Atlanta when the inevitable happens, Ron Mexico goes down (and I'm not talking about going down on a disease ridden coke whore in Rio de Janeiro).

p.s. How in the hell did this turn into a Ron Mexico thread? I can't remember.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Fri, Aug. 04, 2006

[size=18px]Theismann offers his 2 cents[/size]

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
    Pioneer Press

ESPN National Football League analyst Joe Theismann sees the Vikings under new coach Brad Childress as many other observers do: unclear.

Theismann was in the Twin Cities on Thursday to play in the 3M Championship pro-am golf tournament and to promote prostate exam awareness for men over age 50, a cause for which he is a national spokesman.

"The Vikings are a team that has the talent to be pretty good, but there are so many 'I'm not sures,' " Theismann said. "The big question on defense is middle linebacker. That has been the Achilles' heel for this team."
    After Thursday's round, Theismann was to head to Vikings training camp in Mankato, Minn., to brief himself on the team. He will broadcast the Vikings' Aug. 14 exhibition opener against Oakland at the Metrodome.

Theismann, who spent 10 seasons in the NFL as a quarterback and two as a punt returner, is a fan of Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson.

"He was 7-2 last year, and for his career he has completed 65 percent of his passes," Theismann said. "The question for Minnesota is how quickly the players will come together with two new (offensive, defensive) systems."

Theismann said he thinks it will be tough for the Vikings to make the playoffs because the NFC is tough.

"They could be a 10-6 club or a solid 8-8 club," he said.

Unlike many observers, Theismann believes the Vikings have an adequate backup QB in Mike McMahon.

Full Article: Theismann offers his 2 cents
    I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile! You-know-who could easily fix that problem! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Prophet" wrote:

Mexico is a risk. I may have fabricated his durability issue but I am not fabricating probabilities. The probability of Ron Mexico going down to injury is tops in the league. A pencil-necked small dude that runs downfield into a pack of wolves numerous times a game is more likely to get maimed than other QBs. No arguning that. His days are numbered unless he can get the passing game together to complement his other abilities.

The Schaub issue isn't about Schaub himself. It's about any QB that is ready to take the helm at a moments notice in Atlanta when the inevitable happens, Ron Mexico goes down (and I'm not talking about going down on a disease ridden coke whore in Rio de Janeiro).

Your flowerly language is so eloquent that it leaves me speechless. Vick's propensity to get injured is based almost solely on his offensive line - no one said anything about Steve Young running around, and it had a lot to do that he wasn't taking blind shots in the pocket.

Remember - Vick was injured last year by Erasmus James - IN THE POCKET. He broke his leg against the Ravens IN THE POCKET. Injuries occur when your legs are planted more than any other time. I recall three of our own players hitting Vick on that infamous 46 yard dash in ways that would have blown him up if he were standing still.

Deshea Townsend attempted to take out his knee IN THE OPEN FIELD. Know what happened to Deshea? Michael stiff armed him into the turf and jogged in for the TD.

Daunte Culpepper? Remember him? Our pocket/running quarterback hybrid?

How did his knee get blown out?

I'm glad we're done with this argument. It was fun.

Anyway, my whole point was, I think we need to watch out for the Falcons in the NFC, but I do believe that we'll make the playoffs if we keep BJ upright.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Your flowerly language is so eloquent that it leaves me speechless. Vick's propensity to get injured is based almost solely on his offensive line - no one said anything about Steve Young running around, and it had a lot to do that he wasn't taking blind shots in the pocket.

Remember - Vick was injured last year by Erasmus James - IN THE POCKET. He broke his leg against the Ravens IN THE POCKET. Injuries occur when your legs are planted more than any other time. I recall three of our own players hitting Vick on that infamous 46 yard dash in ways that would have blown him up if he were standing still.

Deshea Townsend attempted to take out his knee IN THE OPEN FIELD. Know what happened to Deshea? Michael stiff armed him into the turf and jogged in for the TD.

Daunte Culpepper? Remember him? Our pocket/running quarterback hybrid?

How did his knee get blown out?

im confused, didnt daunte blow his knee out while on the run?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast