Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Thank you Wiggins

I came across a post on a board earlier about Wiggins. Basically it was saying that we dont need him. I was appauled and it got me thinking...

I never really thought about Wiggins. I thought he was a good football player this year, but he never really stood out in my mind except for how funny he looked.

Why didnt he stand out in my mind? Because he isnt flashy...
    He doesnt showboat... he just gets his job done... and get it done well he does.

Lets be real. Jermaine wiggins is most definetly NOT the prototypical tight end in the NFL. He is shorter than almost every tight end. He is a bit large. And he most certainly does NOT have blazing speed. But what is special about him? What makes him a good football player
    *side note* I know this is only one year of production, but stay with me

Wiggins played in 14 games this year, and still was in the top 5 of every category for tight ends. How the hell did he do that? 1 thing. Heart
    This guy has more heart than probably anybody on the roster. Lets look at his contract he signed.

5 yr - 7.3 million w/ 1 million signing bonus

I am sure that he was offered alot more money by different teams. He wants to stay purple and gold. He wears it with pride. That is not a big contract at all, infact its almost a shame seeing how low he is getting paid. There are players in the league that get more money in 1 year than he will in 5. I just want to thank him for signing a contract for such a low amount. He wants another ring more than he wants money and THAT is what a real football player is all about.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

Thank you Wiggins

I agree sanke, his hands are as soft as a buterfly landing with sore feet, and heart outranks height in my book. lets' not forget he's our leading reciever and Culpepper favorite taget, plus LB's cannot cover him, he knows hoe to work the middle of the field
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Thank you Wiggins

Wiggins is by far one of my favorite vikings. I got to watch him play for the Panthers for 1 year and I said to my self that we needed to see him in Purple and Gold. My wish came true and he was our leading pass catcher last year if I'm not mistaken. He became the Vikings "Mr. Reliable" and IMO we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.
    :salute:

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Thank you Wiggins

Right on PPE, wiggy made more 3rd and 4th down keep the drive alive catches then anyone on our team. Think of him as a Moe Williams of tight ends, brings the lunch bucket, and just gets HIS job done.
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

vkstillidie is offline Training Camp

Thank you Wiggins

yes, Wigg should be the guy that everyone in the team should look up to and follow. I just wanna add Moe together with Wigg as the exceptional players. :salute:
    bffa92b72f60f19f2b66d41ace4b3350

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Thank you Wiggins

Yep, Wiggins was Mr. Reliable/Clutch last year for sure. Definitely a smart move to resign him. It'll be interesting to see how they use both him and Kleinsasser this year.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Thank you Wiggins

Wiggins will be one of our top recievers this year too... he will catch more balls than Mrob and our whole RB core combined. Mr. Clutch... it's 3 and 6 and where do you go--you go to wiggins for 8 yards.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Thank you Wiggins

Wiggy was awesome last year! Went about his business quietly! It was fun watching him drag guys around too. :salute:

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Thank you Wiggins

i remember him hurdling tackles and draggin sometimes three players on his back to get him down... he is a fun football player to watch!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Thank you Wiggins

"snakethejake83" wrote:
    I came across a post on a board earlier about Wiggins. Basically it was saying that we dont need him. I was appauled and it got me thinking...

I never really thought about Wiggins. I thought he was a good football player this year, but he never really stood out in my mind except for how funny he looked.

Why didnt he stand out in my mind? Because he isnt flashy...
    He doesnt showboat... he just gets his job done... and get it done well he does.

Lets be real. Jermaine wiggins is most definetly NOT the prototypical tight end in the NFL. He is shorter than almost every tight end. He is a bit large. And he most certainly does NOT have blazing speed. But what is special about him? What makes him a good football player
    *side note* I know this is only one year of production, but stay with me

Wiggins played in 14 games this year, and still was in the top 5 of every category for tight ends. How the hell did he do that? 1 thing. Heart
    This guy has more heart than probably anybody on the roster. Lets look at his contract he signed.

5 yr - 7.3 million w/ 1 million signing bonus

I am sure that he was offered alot more money by different teams. He wants to stay purple and gold. He wears it with pride. That is not a big contract at all, infact its almost a shame seeing how low he is getting paid. There are players in the league that get more money in 1 year than he will in 5. I just want to thank him for signing a contract for such a low amount. He wants another ring more than he wants money and THAT is what a real football player is all about.
    wiggins didnt sign with a different team because of contract demands, and nobody trusted he could play as good as he did with us. and wiggins loves us cause nobody would give him a chance in the nfl
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast