Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Tice

Thank You Tice

i am a die hard viking fan and for the last couple years i listend to my old man dog on mike tice after tice was fired i was thinking how bad it was we fired him an hr after the game

i dont think this was that only time that tice was done wrong after denny left i think ol red picked the easiest and cheapest coach to throw in the hc spot......not worrying about the team just about how itd make the team easier to sell i think tice was used i think he wasnt qualified for the job but was thrown in by red

so i would like to thank MIke Tice for doing all he could with the Vikings there are things that he coulda done differant but he was in a tough position and made the best outta what he had but im excited for a new haed coach and did think it was time for a new one i just feel bad on how dirty red did tice
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

Guruzen is offline Starter

Re: Thank You Tice

Yeah... he was also a scapegoat when the team didn't perform but what many people don't realise is that he didn't even have experience as a coordinator, let alone HC. He was thrown into the deep end to sink or swim, and he did one hell of a job with what he had to work with. While he didn't take us all the way, he gave the Vikings his all and we can't ask for much more than that.

exactly the dude was an offensive line coach....but ol red sure saw something in him.....i feel bad on how hes been a vike for what 13 years as either a coach,player,or assistant and then we drop him

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

no kidding..
    at least keep him on as a o-line coach.. it may seem unorthodox.. but he knows this team inside and out..
    i don't know.. just seems too bad for that to be the way for it to end
    i m better than you, so just give up...

why keep tice anywhere, he is a dumbass. Now people feel sorry for him after he gets fired. He might be a nice guy, but he is a terrible coach. Look who we beat the second half of the season...nobody. Bye tice don't come back!
    You republican whore!

Hooversham is offline Starter

He was a great contributor to the team for a very long time. It's unfortunate that he won't be a part of the team, in some capacity, anymore. But he was unsuccessful as a head coach (to put it nicely). This is a business. Wilf made a decision and he made it fast. And I'm not about to question him about it. THe guy spent more money last offseason than Red did in his tenure. He's already committed to hiring the best head coach he can find and paying for the best offseason free agents he can acquire.

If firing Tice (a good decision) a little too quickly following a win is the worst of his transgressions, then I'm not worried.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    why keep tice anywhere, he is a dumbass. Now people feel sorry for him after he gets fired. He might be a nice guy, but he is a terrible coach. Look who we beat the second half of the season...nobody. Bye tice don't come back!
    Guy was just trying to make a postive thread and say "thank you" to Tice.

Please learn some communication skills.

thanks ultra hahah ill be honest tice didnt do his job but, idk if he really knew what he was doing

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Tice wasn't the best, but he was far from being the worst. He also had crap to work with and had no real previous experience. I bet he'll end up on his feet somewhere coaching again...probably at as an assistant somewhere, hopefully he'll learn from it all. I say thanks for trying Mike. I think he did his best.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Tice, hey, he's ok. He done da best he could wit' what he had. I guess we'll never know what might have been in udda coicumstances, bedda assistants, no boat scandal (tanks a lot Smoot), whaddever.

Mike's a regular guy. A lot of low-class mugs in here (PurpleRide, nextvikingsstar, amongst uddas, which I won't mention, cause dey ain't worth it) love to kick a guy when he's down, blame a guy for everyting dat goes wrong wit' a team. Dey love to call inta question his abilities as a coach, when alla time, dey couldn't find dere own buttocks if it had a bell on it. A lot of no-class mugs, y'know?

Me, I hope da best for Mikey. He wasn't da best. He wasn't da worst. He did da best he could, an' it wasn't all bad. Youse mugs dat give 'im da raspberries, ya otta be ashamed.

But, you ain't, 'cause ya got no class.

Take care, Mikey. Tanks for being a Vike.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast