Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Thank God For Brad Johnson

After watching the replay of the KC game on the NFL Network I was struck by how lucky the Vikes are to have Brad Johnson back as a backup.
    He never seemed to get flustered, still passes with plenty of "stuff" on the ball and sees the field well. He can still move out of the pocket and pass as well as anyone in the league with the possible exception of Pap and Vick.
    I know Pap will have a great year but if for some reason he goes down I won't be worried with Johnson as the backup.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Thank God For Brad Johnson

I have to agree.

Perhaps its just that we are more familiar with him, but I have a lot more faith in him over Gus. lus, we don't need to worry about our backup giving himself a concussion.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

you didn't need to worry as long as the walls had padding...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

yea i also noticed how brad moved so well in the pocket. he looked like he knew the system so well.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

It gives us a nice sense of security. He'll do fine mopping up in the final minutes of every game.

I'm happy he's here, but I hope he never starts.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Personally I liked Gus better, but maybe that was just because he threw a better deep ball (IMO). I think Johnson will be fine if he has to play this year (crosses fingers that he never has to see a down) because this system will be more of a dink and dunk system and the deep ball will come a lot less.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I didn't get to see the game beyond the highlights that ESPN offered. This is comforting.

On the note of back up qbs, how did hill look? Not that I believe that the he would come to start in that position this year. But, I'm curious to know what we can expect from him.

let's hope he's not like Bubby Brister.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Brad better fits the team that we assembled this year than Gus. Gus could throw the deep ball to Moss almost as good as Pep and that is one reason why he was such a good backup. Brad really moves well in the pocket and can really get the ball in to the recievers hands on the slant routes and short routes that I think we wil be seeing more of this year. So if god forbid Daunte goes down then I trust brad to pick up the slack. It would've been cool to have gus as 3rd string though :lol:

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Tice just said Hill was looking good in camp and he did throw a few completions in the game. He looks right now like the #3 QB.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I was jumping for joy when they signed Brad. And giving my Bears fan friend crap. I was very concerned of the what if......we were the Bears. How much more than we pay Brad, do you think, the Bears would pay him, now? That was a very wise signing by the front office boys. Lovie Smith was on the Rams though....a few years ago, didnt' they run outta QB's too? Some year, that organization will learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast