Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    we lose if spielman get his panties in a bunch and trades back into the bottom of the 1st round to draft a qb ...god i hope he doesnt try that crap ...
    I don't think I want that either but just to play devils advocate...this year's draft is thought to be very deep. I keep hearing the 49ers have a bunch of picks and not much need. Let's say we move all the way back to #29. Here's what we could expect:
    -760 going 8th to 29th
    +340 2nd rd 24th
    +292 2nd rd 29th
    +124 3rd rd 30th (they have a mid 3rd too...maybe we'd get that instead.)
    That would be seven picks in the first three rounds. Don't know how good of a talent evaluator Zimmer is but if this draft is as deep as they say, that could change the team dramatically.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    No way would I sacrifice the future for an overhyped qb. None of them are worth a top 10 pick. If we were talking about Andrew Luck that would be different. There is no cant miss qbs, so just say no...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I don't think I want that either but just to play devils advocate...this year's draft is thought to be very deep. I keep hearing the 49ers have a bunch of picks and not much need. Let's say we move all the way back to #29. Here's what we could expect:
    -760 going 8th to 29th
    +340 2nd rd 24th
    +292 2nd rd 29th
    +124 3rd rd 30th (they have a mid 3rd too...maybe we'd get that instead.)
    That would be seven picks in the first three rounds. Don't know how good of a talent evaluator Zimmer is but if this draft is as deep as they say, that could change the team dramatically.
    I love this idea! Moving all the way back to 29 doesn't sound like a good idea at first, but having a late first and 3 picks in the 2nd AND 3rd rounds sure as hell does...and, with that much ammo, we could always move back up if needed.

For example, if one of the top three QBs has dropped out of the top ten and is now flying through the teams that don't need a new starting QB, we could package just the late third from SF with the no.29 we got from them to move ahead of CLE at no.26, who is the one team in the back end of the first who is looking for a QB....and, still have 3 picks in the 2nd and the 2 we have now in the 3rd.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123