Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

Texans want to trade top pick…

If the vikings ever had a shot at Johnny Football it would be now… What do you think?

NFL | Report: Texans 'trying hard' to deal top pick - Rotoworld.com

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 5vikingsrule6 View Post
    If the vikings ever had a shot at Johnny Football it would be now… What do you think?

NFL | Report: Texans 'trying hard' to deal top pick - Rotoworld.com
    No way, the cost is too high for us to move into the #1 pick.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Nope. Plus I don't want Manziel at all, especially as a top ten pick. Get off the kool-aid fellas. That pro-day was all smoke and mirrors that couldn't hide bad mechanics and a weak arm. Zim certainly was not impressed.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Nope. Plus I don't want Manziel at all, especially as a top ten pick. Get off the kool-aid fellas. That pro-day was all smoke and mirrors that couldn't hide bad mechanics and a weak arm. Zim certainly was not impressed.
    Weak arm? What the heck were YOU watching? He threw a 50+ yard pass accurately on the RUN. Warner himself there are very few QBs in the NFL right now that could do that in the same situation.

I get you aren't a fan, but just like Manziel fans who need to keep perspective and not be willing to trade 3 years worth of first round draft picks for him, you need to resist ripping the kid for things that aren't fact. His mechanics do need work, but none of the "expects" that know more about this than I do felt that was a big deal; he most certainly isn't Tim Tebow!!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

I can throw a football fifty yards on the run and I'm 53. My info is he has a weak arm and must muscle the ball to get it deep at all. Damn pro-day is useless in evaluating a qb anyway. You guys that are Maznziel fans are entitled to your opinion. But it is an opinion nonetheless and no more or less valid than my own. And remember, those so-called experts miss more often than not. Now, there is a chance I'm wrong on Manziel. If we do screw up and draft him, I hope I'm wrong, believe me. Forty five years of this heartache is finally getting hard to take.

I certainly do not want to say you don't have a right to your opinion, nor do I have any evidence your opinion is wrong. Hopefully that wasn't what you took from my post, as I think both of us want the same thing, but one is a Manziel believer and the other isn't.

I think, though, the part you are missing about that 50 year pass was how accurate it was; add the fact that Warner was extremely critical of Manziel most the morning, but THAT pass (along with the other 2-3 he threw just like it) REALLY impressed him despite his obvious reluctance to buy into Manziel.

One thing that is certain- we do want the same thing. A Viking Super Bowl win. It's fun arguing about things that may have an impact on that. I used to joke that I was going to give up bad (good?) food, drinking, staying up late, smoking cigars, and chasing tail so maybe I'd live long enough to see a Vikings Super Bowl win. I used to think it was kind of funny. Now at 53 not so much! After living through the four SB defeats, 1998 was especially heart wrenching for me and I'm still a bit pissed off I guess.

You and me both, brother.

When people say the bounty-gate thing wasn't a big deal, I get as close as I ever have to going on a expletive filled rant. Then I swallow them down, and say, "Not to a Vikings fan. To a Viking's fan, bounty-gate was very difficult to watch in practice."

Watching Farve get his brains nearly knocked out, even AFTER multiple penalties were thrown, was extremely hard for me. The "Who dat" nation owes its ring to being willing to end any player's career that got in the way, a way of playing no other team would even consider. Playing hard, yes; hitting hard, yes; actively trying to take another bread winner like yourself out, perhaps permanently? NO. All you need to do is examine the state of the '70's players, and their poor health, to know why.

I became a fan of the vikings because my father was from Minnesota (I was an army brat), and Fran Tarkenton. The fact that Manziel looks to be a newer version of our old beloved QB hits me where it counts; I can't help but hope for a re-visit to my childhood.

If ol' Johnny turns out to be the reincarnation of Fran the Scram I'll be on board all the way. Just have my doubts. Believe me, if the Vikings do draft him, I'll be rooting for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    If ol' Johnny turns out to be the reincarnation of Fran the Scram I'll be on board all the way. Just have my doubts. Believe me, if the Vikings do draft him, I'll be rooting for the kid.
    I leave it to our coaches. As I've said in other threads, for the first time in a long long time, I trust them. If Zimmer doesn't want Manziel, I will accept that (though I WILL throw temper tantrums in a very immature way if he turns into a stud!) and look to see what they DO get for us.

If all 3 QBs plus Watkins and Clowney go early, that means exciting things for us whether we trade down (#8's value goes through the roof!!) or take someone like Mack or Barr. Either way, with this coaching staff, I feel like we can't lose with this draft.

Let's hope I'm not being WAY too optimistic!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast