Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    It will be a little more difficult than last time with Mathews back, but Minnesota has to win. And they will at home. Minnesota is a good team.
    The talking heads want to say the 49ers and Texans were flat, but we know better.
    This team can put it on the Packers next week; and if they see them in the playoffs.
    I predict a win next week.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    If AD runs like in the first game I think we will beat the Peckers this time ... We are playing better football and we're at home ...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Good game all around, especially on defense. Ponder played good today but not great like some fans are claiming. Just over 50% completion is not great or good. We left too many drives on the field without putting TD's on the board & I felt for most of the game that we'd allow the Texans to catch up & take the lead, but our defense held up & didn't disappoint.

Despite some poor throws & the 53% pass completion, Ponder did however make some key passes & two really nice runs on critical plays that did play a big role in sustaining drives which ended up leading to scores. No interceptions by him today but that fumble was brutal. At least it didn't lead to any Texans points.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-24-2012 at 04:27 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post

Brian Robison may have just lost his job. Everson Griffen was great, and not just against the pass.
    Griffen had only 1 tackle all game. Did he play LDE the whole game?

Fred Evans is the one I thought that played better than usual. 3 tackles & a sack which was the most by any of the DL men.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-24-2012 at 07:22 AM.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Griffen had only 1 tackle all game. Did he play RDE the whole game?

Fred Evans is the one I thought that played better than usual. 3 tackles & a sack which was the most by any of the DL men.
    Griffen may have had only one solo tackle, but he also had a fumble recovery, and one knocked down pass, not to mention, Foster ran to his side ( left defensive end / not right ) on a number of plays and Griffen strung those runs towards the sidelines with his play. i thought he had a very solid game.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Griffen may have had only one solo tackle, but he also had a fumble recovery, and one knocked down pass, not to mention, Foster ran to his side ( left defensive end / not right ) on a number of plays and Griffen strung those runs towards the sidelines with his play. i thought he had a very solid game.
    Was Evans spelling K-Will, Guion or Griffen?

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    There were a few run plays that he blew up, which impressed me because I thought he was more of a pure pass rusher. He also pressured Shaub a lot. There were several pass plays where he just overpowered the tackle straight into the qb. Watch the sack on the biggest play of the game, that goal line stand. He knocks the tackle back five yards into Shaub, so Shaub has to run backward and Evans comes around the edge to clean up. He doesn't get any stats for that, but that would not have been a sack if it weren't for him.

iowa is offline Rookie
    really a nice win, ponder played "game manager" to a tee, contributions from all.and how about Rick's Picks, looks to be the best draft class in the NFL, just listening to national talk radio, they are gushing about the genius that is Rick!
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    really a nice win, ponder played "game manager" to a tee, contributions from all.and how about Rick's Picks, looks to be the best draft class in the NFL, just listening to national talk radio, they are gushing about the genius that is Rick!
    Meh... still gotta go with the bengals draft class. The fact that their starting MLB was undrafted and is balling outta control seals it....what's his name again.... oh yeah Burfict!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Good game all around, especially on defense. Ponder played good today but not great like some fans are claiming. Just over 50% completion is not great or good. We left too many drives on the field without putting TD's on the board & I felt for most of the game that we'd allow the Texans to catch up & take the lead, but our defense held up & didn't disappoint.

Despite some poor throws & the 53% pass completion, Ponder did however make some key passes & two really nice runs on critical plays that did play a big role in sustaining drives which ended up leading to scores. No interceptions by him today but that fumble was brutal. At least it didn't lead to any Texans points.
    9 of 13 passing completions on third down with two running third down conversions was definately an upgrade over his usual play. He made a couple of bonehead decisions that he got away with also.
    Over all, he has seemed a little more calm the last two games and has played a little better.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast