Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This is how Ponder should have looked @ week 4 of this season. Much more poise, much more control, and far more effective.

I'm glad he finally got here...now I hope he can STAY here and build off of this.

Caine
    I hope so too, but even with this very good game by Ponder, I don't think he has done enough to secure the job for next year. I don't feel like he led the team to a win today. I admit that I have been wondering out loud what the score would have been if we had an elite QB on the field.

He can prove me wrong still. I would like nothing more than to see Ponder put in brilliant performances next week and in the playoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Gotta give credit to, sorry y'all, the coaching staff. They put a lot of guys in position to make plays today. Gotta give the players a lot of credit for execution.

Walsh, is money...damn that kid can kick.

The defense seems to be more dynamic with Griffen on the field. Certainly helped to get Cook back. The DLine played great. Harrison Smith can just flat out play ball. I actually think i saw AJ Jefferson make a couple of plays...

Ponder looked real good in the first half. AD was bottled up by a very good defense. Jarius Wright looks like a developing playmaker.

Great Team win!
    Don't apologize for giving credit t the coaching staff. This is the third straight game that I think they have put together a great game plan.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    They played on of the most complete games they have played in years.
    I agree it was one of the more complete ROAD games they've played in awhile, and against one of the top teams in the league no less. I was even waiting for our typical prevent defense meltdown that usually makes these type of games end up being closer than they should, but it never came. We even got to see Yates come in and give us his best Sage Rosenfels impersonation xD.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Five games ago I was hoping to split games with the Packers and Bears, a win over the Rams, and an unlikely victory over the Texans. Back then I thought this was a highly optimistic view of the remainder of the season yet, now, here we are.
    We shall now refer to you as EricThePrognosticator xD.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I was disappointed by the decision to see him on the sidelines late in the game. I understand though. They are playing for playoffs, not records.
    Yeah that was hard to see. I don't want to see him fall short and we have to look back these wasted opportunities and ask what if. I understand the injury risk too, but having a realistic shot at one of the games more important records doesn't come around very often.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I actually think i saw AJ Jefferson make a couple of plays...
    Yeah he came up with a fumble recovery haha.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    All that's standing between us and the playoffs is GB. We shoulda won the first game, and IMHO we are playing our best football right now.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    To many game balls to hand out for me...Great team effort. Walsh, great to see the rookie having such a great year, Rookie of the Year???? I say so, not to mention he only set an NFL Record and hasn't missed a 50 plus yarder yet....
    I'de just like to mention, LOADHOLT!!!!!!! No flags today, thats sweet..Also, I watched him closely when Watt's lined up against him, Load dominated him!!!!!!!! Not taking away from Watts great talent and what he's done this year for his team, but he got owned by Load!!!!!! Watt's only had some nice plays when he lined up against our guards, and yes, the Texans Coaches moved Watt's away from Load. Watt's was to quick and powerfull for our guards, but couldn't handle Loadholt.... For me that was really nice to see....overall, great game by all our team and now to kick some GB ass....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    All that's standing between us and the playoffs is GB. We shoulda won the first game, and IMHO we are playing our best football right now.
    Why do I get the feeling I am being set up for a huge letdown?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Why do I get the feeling I am being set up for a huge letdown?
    Because we all bleed purple..LOL We've had so many in the past, we tend to expect it. But as always, I beleive we kick the shit out of GB next week, and move on into the playoffs.....Where we march on to the Super Bowl!!!!!! What else am I supposed to believe?....hahahhaha

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Because we all bleed purple..LOL We've had so many in the past, we tend to expect it. But as always, I beleive we kick the shit out of GB next week, and move on into the playoffs.....Where we march on to the Super Bowl!!!!!! What else am I supposed to believe?....hahahhaha
    We are the Cub fans of football
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Barring a total meltdown by the Seahawks tonight, the Packers clinch the #2 seed and a first round bye if they beat us next week, so we'll be getting their A game. When you think about it, we've been playing playoff games the past 3 weeks so I think it's going to be a good game with a lot to play for next week.

A loss will be disappointing and fit right in with the history of this franchise, but a win and we'll be on a roll heading into the playoffs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast