Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, when the team underperforms I call them on it and in a game like this when they do what many thought improbable I give them their just rewards. They played on of the most complete games they have played in years. Ponder looked much better, the secondary looked much better(with the return of Cook?) and the play calls on both sides of the ball were very good. They kept Foster to what, under 20 rushing yards? And several sacks on Schaub. Great job and great effort.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, when the team underperforms I call them on it and in a game like this when they do what many thought improbable I give them their just rewards. They played on of the most complete games they have played in years. Ponder looked much better, the secondary looked much better(with the return of Cook?) and the play calls on both sides of the ball were very good. They kept Foster to what, under 20 rushing yards? And several sacks on Schaub. Great job and great effort.
    Or at least since the San Fran game earlier this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

I agree this has been a strange season. And I agree that almost no one here would have predicted we'd win 9 games, and hopefully 10, this season. So its been a roller coaster of a year but its been pretty fun for me.
    Five games ago I was hoping to split games with the Packers and Bears, a win over the Rams, and an unlikely victory over the Texans. Back then I thought this was a highly optimistic view of the remainder of the season yet, now, here we are. Maybe now that Ponder is married he can focus exclusively on his game from here on out.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    ROY = Walsh

probably not with rg3 and Luck.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Games like this give me a lot of hope for the future no matter how this year ends up.
    Never expected the Vikings to be relevant the final game of the season.
    Think Rodgers will play next week? If so, he's likely to take a pounding.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Or at least since the San Fran game earlier this year.
    This one was more completer.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Great game all around. Defense was amazing. Ponder was good. Again not great but we didn't need him to be. We just needed him to be mistake free, and IMHO he was. AD was held under 100, and I was disappointed by the decision to see him on the sidelines late in the game. I understand though. They are playing for playoffs, not records.

Speaking of records, I love that Walsh kid.

And playoffs? PLAYOFFS? I am in shock that we are the 6 seed right now. If the playoffs started today we would be playing at Green Bay in the Wild Card game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    DEFENSE! They came to play, put pressure on Shaub, secondary supported the run, but most importantly had great coverage all day. AD had a great game...I think we are all spoiled with his 100 plus and TD's, but 25 carries and 85 yards allowed us to control the clock, get first downs and keep our D off the field.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    This is how Ponder should have looked @ week 4 of this season. Much more poise, much more control, and far more effective.

I'm glad he finally got here...now I hope he can STAY here and build off of this.

Caine

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

texans post game thread

Gotta give credit to, sorry y'all, the coaching staff. They put a lot of guys in position to make plays today. Gotta give the players a lot of credit for execution.

Walsh, is money...damn that kid can kick.

The defense seems to be more dynamic with Griffen on the field. Certainly helped to get Cook back. The DLine played great. Harrison Smith can just flat out play ball. I actually think i saw AJ Jefferson make a couple of plays...

Ponder looked real good in the first half. AD was bottled up by a very good defense. Jarius Wright looks like a developing playmaker.

Great Team win!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast